Status: Read it and find out:)!

The Unknown

CHAPTER TWO: TO LIVE

Chiron kneeled beside me as I sat on a rock. "What troubles you, Cameron?"

I sighed, turning to the only creature, only being that I could seem to trust. "It is him."

"Who?" He asked in a soft tone. "Percy?"

Nodding, I turned to him with a blank expression. "He is the one... He is one of the three's children. And he is the one; the hero."

Chiron bowed his head. I knew that, like he had with me, he had become close with Perceus... More than he should with any of us campers. Some of us were at higher risk than others. And by us, I meant exactly the two he liked so much.

"Your mother is so very proud of you, you know. I know you don't think so, but... I can feel it." I looked up to see Chiron smiling, but still looking down at the ground. "The way you feel so much about the Unknown in life... But she would also want you to live, Cam... To have friends, and smile, and laugh..."

With a sigh, I stood up as he began to lead the way toward the pavilion. Most of the other campers were already there.

With Percy.
He sat at his table with the others in his temporary cabin. It was now time to eat, yet his eyes lingered on the girl he was so curious about...

What was she? Who was she? Annabeth had called her Cameron, and Clarisse had ran from her like a pup with their tail between their legs.

Nobody talked to her, nobody sat with her. She was alone, seated near the heads of camp... Her plate had been full, as were most peoples, and yet she had sacrificed it all and sat back down.

She was so strange. "Who is she?"

Luke, the eldest in the cabin, looked to where Percy was looking only to look away quickly. "Who?"

"You just looked at her..."

Shaking his head, the older boy pretended as though he had no clue what his new friend was talking about.

"Yes you did!" Percy objected.

"Just... Stay away from her." Luke said slowly, looking up from his plate to stare him in the eyes.

"What? B-" Percy tried to object.

"Percy, that girl... Have you talked to her?"

The young boy nodded, confused by Luke's sudden question.

"You've looked in her eyes?"

"Yeah." Percy whispered.

Luke sighed, looking at Percy sternly. "That girl, she knows you better than you know yourself. She knows everything you want to know. She's powerful, Percy. Let the answers come, don't push it."

"But why? What do you mean?" Percy persisted. "I don't understand."

"When the time comes, you will." Another kid from table eleven whispered, noticing that the girl had turned to stare at Percy himself.

Percy glanced over, meeting her gaze, and was hooked there. It was almost as if she held something over him.

Suddenly, she stood and walked out of the mess hall, and into the shadows... Percy had never been so troubled with something his entire life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's kind of short.
I was going to make it longer, but I didn't have the time.
Busybusybee today:).
Comments/Ideas/Concerns?