He'll Never Know

Landing On A Runway In Chicago

My jaw dropped to the floor.
"Pete! She's adorable!" Ashlee screeched running over to me. She scooped me into a bear hug. She smelt like some high end perfume that was sprayed to many times. Her hair was in my eyes. (it was black again..)
"Umm hi?" I questioned.
I thought back to the night she declared her feelings about me. What the hell was she doing hugging me.
She released me, Pete had a sloppy grin on his face. I glared at him.
"Pete she looks just like you!" She turned to me,
"I have heard so much about you! I have been dying to meet you!" I raised one eyebrow.

"Excuse me? We've already met remember, oh wait, you called me Pete's mistake then swayed away cackiling." I said with a glare.
Her face flickered for a second before she spoke.
"I don't recall that, must of been someone else.." She said with a fake grin on her face.
"Delilah, apologize" Pete said looking at me with cold eyes.
"You believe her?!" I half shrieked.
The guys all stood making up lame excuses to leave. (Something about Andy's underwear?)
"Delilah, she wasn't at the club that night! It must of been someone else-"
"Don't give me that bullshit Peter Wentz!" I yelled.
"I am your father! Your not supposed to-"
"Oh boo hoo! I don't give a rats ass any more Pete! I tried, I tried really, really hard here, and when things seem like there going right, and maybe just maybe I was considering making this place home, you do this! I hate you Pete Wentz, I wish you weren't my father. And you know what? I am not staying here anymore, I'm going back to Chicago first thing in the morning." With that I marched back into the room I was given to sleep in. (*no use calling it my room anymore, as in i wasn't staying here anymore)
I locked the door, Pete's loud knocks coming form the other side of the door.
"Delilah! You- God your so-"
That's when I heard Ashlee coo to him, "Pete baby, just give it a rest for now,let's go watch a movie" I heard footsteps receding towards the living room.
I sighed. Tears slipping down my cheeks I picked up my cell phone.
"Hello?" Came the voice from the other end.
I choked back tears, "Gran?" I sobbed.
"Delilah whats wrong?"
"I'm coming home, tonight, I'll call you when I'm boarding the plane
"But-"
"I'll tell you later, I don't feel like discussing it now."
I hung up the phone, grabbing a bag and throwing my possessions inside.
When I was sure Pete had sauntered off to bed with Ashlee in tow I picked up my bag, purse, and baseball bat and walked outside closing the door quietly. I silently entered the garage.
I deserved some revenge, he did just go back on his word.
I set down my bag and picked up my bat. I slid Pete's Lamborghini's keys from my pocket, silently turning off the alarm. I raised the bat and swung, breaking the head lights. then I went a little nuts.
My anger taking over me. By the time I finished with the car every window was broken, the wind sheild cracked. And the tail lights missing. I used Pete's keys and scratched the sides of the Lambo. I smiled triumphantly, tears still rolling down my cheeks. I silently left the garage, and went down the street. I hailed a cab and silently asked to be taken to LAX. My heart was pounding, with every thump, a shock wave of pain shot threw my body, I was sad to walk away from Pete.
I reached the airport fairly quickly, the traffic being light as it was 2 a.m. I booked a red eye flight to Midway Airport in Chicago with Pete's credit card. ( I would be sending it back to him)
With ticket in hand I sat and waited at the terminal.
"Flight 188 to Chicago now boarding" A cool voice announced.
With one last glance out the window at the L.A skyline, and boarded the plane.
I called my Gran, giving her the details of when my flight would be in. My heart was thumping wildly, making the shock waves of pain more persistent. I would miss this place only a little, and I would miss Patrick, Andy, and Joe. I wouldn't miss Pete so much. But I did make a silent vow as I settled into my seat. I would never forgive Pete for turning his back on me.