Status: Active(:

You Are and Never Will Be Better Than Me

Waking the Fallen

At some moments before this, I just wanted to give Frank's parents a good slap across the face for how they taught him. The way they let him get away with stuff, knowing he shouldn’t have done it. It’s just like a slap on the wrist for him. But right now, I just want to give them the biggest fucking hug in the world. I really do mean it. A few minutes ago, Frank talked to his parents and convinced them to let my friends and I spend the night here. Plus, they can't even drive because they're drunk as you know what. Secondly, I didn’t feel like driving home myself.

If this was my house and I asked my parents the same thing the answer would be no. Actually, they wouldn't even let my friends be here. Matt is a long time long friend I met in high school. My parents hated him for some reason. They never really told me the reason but I had an idea. Maybe it was the whole getting arrested....yeah I'm not going to get into that.

When Frank's parents returned home, I quickly introduced all the guys to them well to his mom. His father wasn't around at the time. She gave the guys the okay to spend the night here and maybe the next night if they wanted to. I was freaking excited. The guys were pretty happy too when they heard the news. They all decided to crash on the basement floor even thought we told them they could use the spare rooms. I don't know what’s so special about the basement though.

Pillows and blankets were brought down from the spare rooms but before we could even set up the place for them, we had to clean up. Beet bottles and food flung here and there. Luckily, the Iero's didn't come down because I’m pretty sure they would have flipped.

They guys didn't want to help clean because they were basically in their own little world. Matt was complaining the entire time about the sofa bed not being out. Johnny was knocked out on the floor asleep. I guess he couldn't wait for the blankets and pillows. Jimmy was having a grand time poking him in the side. It was king of funny to see him spazz out every time he was poked. Brian, he was definitely in his own little world and not because of the alcohol. Oh no, it was something else....love.

Frank and I knew who caused this sudden change in Brian....Jackie, Frank’s older sister. We didn't tell her though. She'll figure it out eventually.

Everything was cleaned in less then twenty minutes. The trash was taken out and the left over snacks were put back in the kitchen. I didn't know how late it was but I was getting a little tired myself and Frankie as well. He yawned as he snuggled closer to me, burying his face in my shirt.

"I see someone is getting tired." I said, kissing the top of his head and ran my fingers through his black locks. He nodded. "I am too. You ready to head upstairs to your room or do you want to stay down here with the others?"

"I want to go upstairs, that way we can spend some time alone.” he whispered, looking up at me.

"Okay." I leaned down, pecking his lips softly. As I pulled away, I heard a faint gasping sound coming from behind us. I knew it was Frank's sister. She was the only one that didn't know of Frank and I. I glanced over my shoulder to see her mouth drop and her eyes widen.

"You're going out with my brother?” she asked, looking from me to Frank. He whimpered softly as his breathing started to pick up and his body shaking slightly.

"Everything is going to be okay. I promise. She's going to be okay with it; trust me." I cooed, trying to calm him down.

"How do you know that?’ he whispered, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"I know so trust me." I whispered, softly. I kissed him on the top of the head again. "We're not going out yet but we do like each other. I hope that okay with you." I explained to her. If she doesn't like the face that we both like each other then she can leave. I don't care if this is her place too.

"I don't care if you two like each other but I do have one problem. Why didn't you tell me sooner, Frank? I mean, you could have called. I miss having our little conversations over the phone about things.” she exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know if you were against the whole boy dating or liking another guy. I was scared.‘’ he said.

"I'm no homophobe. I have friends back in college who are gay. I don't mind at all’’ she replied. Frank smiled. "Well, I’m heading to my room. It’s getting kind of late and I have to leave early tomorrow to meet up with a friend."

"Same here, we both have classes tomorrow and Frank is getting a little tired. Its time to take him to bed." Jackie said a good night and headed upstairs. I sat Frankie on the couch for a second while I turn off all the lights and helped Jimmy put Johnny on the other sofa bed. As I half carried Frank upstairs I got a small glance at Jimmy. When, I guess, he thought the coast was clear, he snuggled in the bed with Johnny, pulling his small frame close to his own body. Does Jimmy have a small thing for Johnny? I've never seen him do that before. I might have to ask him later on.

Once we got to the bedroom, I quickly helped Frank get undress and into a pair of sweat pants. I discarded my clothes to side of the room, only putting on a pair of shorts. We both crawled under the covers, cuddling together. "Good night Zacky. See you in the morning."

"Good night to you too, Frankie. I love you." I mumbled, pressing my lips against his forehead.

"I love you too."

***

"Aaahhhhhhhh." A piercing scream filled the room, waking me up instantly. It wasn't a scream like I've ever heard in my life. You can tell it was the type of scream someone had when they were crying or maybe seen something that they didn't want to see like in those murder movies. I jumped up from the bed only to find that it was empty. Where was Frank? What if he's hurt but by what? I sprung from the bed running to the door before I heard another scream. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom attached to this room. I rushed to the bathroom to find Frank standing in the middle of the room, pulling at his hair.

"What's wrong!" I exclaimed, moving towards him. He shook his head, mumbling words. "Frank...."

"T-The voices they're back.” he sobbed, streams of tears falling down his face. He didn't take his medicine last night. Fuck. I ran back into the bedroom, searching the desk for his pills. I returned back in a flash, just in time to hear Frank say his last words before passing out. "No! No! Fuck no!" His eyes suddenly rolled to the back of his head and he dropped to the floor. I caught him right before he hit the hard tiled floor.

"Frank...Frankie!” I exclaimed, dropping to my knees and pulled his small frame onto my lap. "Frankie, wake up!" I lightly patted his face, shaking him as well. "Please wake up!" I panicked. I didn't know what was wrong. This possibly can't be the effect from nothing taking his medication. There had to be another reason. I heard knocking on the door and then footsteps.

"What the hell is going on in here? Please don't tell me you guys decided to do the di---" Jackie stopped in mid-sentence when she saw Frank lying on the floor. "Oh my god, what happened?" I shrugged. "What do you mean you don't know? You're sleeping in the same room as him! You have to know."

"I don't fucking know. All I know is he was screaming when I woke up, he was standing here pulling at his hair mumbling about voices. I went to get his medicine but when I came back he passed out." I croaked. My eyes began to get all teary, making my vision blurry.

"Frank has gone without his medicine for days before. I've never seen anything happen like this. I think we should call the hospital. This could be bad." When I heard the word hospital, all I could think of is death. I know I'm thinking negative and what's wrong with Frankie can't be that serious but still.

"I don't think he needs to see a doctor."

"Zacky, this is my brother we're talking about. His life maybe on the fucking line. Don’t pull that bullshit and say he doesn’t need to see a doctor. This could be serious.” she spat, pulling out her phone.

"I'm sorry. Here, let’s take him in my friend's car. We can get there faster." I suggested.

"Fine." I carefully picked Frank up bridal style and carried him down to the main hallway. I could see it was still dark outside when I peeked out the window. "Here, let me take him and you go wake your friend up." leaned him against her and ran down to the basement.

"Guys wake up!" I shouted, turning the lights on. Everyone groaned, pulling pillows over they're heads. Jimmy, startled from my out burst, pushed Johnny away from him.

"What the fuck is your problem, Zacky? It's three in the fucking morning. This better be really important.” Matt growled.

"Frankie passed out and we don't know why. Jackie and I are taking him to hospital.” I explained, as I searched through Matt's things for his car keys.

"W-Wait what! Why do you need my keys?"

"Because I don't have a fucking car! Now you're playing with my Frank's life. If you don't give me the damn keys, so help me god, if he's seriously ill because of this, I will never forgive." I didn't mean to be rude to Matt but I was scared....scared for Frankie's well being.

"Whoa! Calm down, they’re in my bag next to my clothes. Do you need one of us to g----?"

"I'll go.” Brian said, already fully dressed.

"Thanks Bri." I told Matt I'd call when we found out what was wrong. Brian sped off to the hospital with me in the back, hugging Frankie tightly. Once we got there the doctors took him away and we had to wait in the waiting room. I was pacing back and forth, hoping everything was okay.

"Zacky sit down. You’re not getting any taller.” Brian demanded. I sighed.

"I hope Frankie is okay. Jackie said she's never seen this ever happen before. What if he's really ill? What if he has to stay in the hospital for awhile?" Brian wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"He'll be fine. It's probably something minor. "

"Did the doctor come back yet?" Jackie spoke up, handing me a cup of coffee. I mumbled a thank you before taking a sip.

"No, not yet.” Brian replied. We all sat in silence waiting for the doctor to return any minute. Fifthteen minutes later the doctor came by.

"Hello, I’m Dr.Owen. You’re Frank's....."

"Friend." I said, shaking his hand.

"Okay, and you're the sister right." Jackie nodded. "And he's a friend too." I nodded. ''Okay, well Frank is doing pretty well actually. Everything is normal, he isn't ill with anything. All he needs is a little rest. Now I'm aware that he has a mild case of schizophrenia. Did he take his meds today...well yesterday?" I shook my head. ''Then that’s the problem. He probably had the voices again; his mother informed us that he tends to hear them when he didn't take anything. I think the voices were stressing him out which lead to the cause of him passing out. Now when he wakes up, I want you to take him home and make sure he takes his pills. I doubt you guys want to see something like this happen again."

"Correct." I replied.

"Good, now who wants to see him first? He should be waking up soon." Jackie nudged me.

"You sure."

"Yeah, go comfort your boyfriend.” she winked. I blushed. I followed Dr.Owen to Frank's room.

"Here you go. Call me if you need anything." I thanked the doctor once again before taking a seat next to his bed. I picked up his hand, placing it on my face.

"Damn Frank, you nearly gave me a heart attack." I whispered. He didn't respond back since he was still asleep. I didn't mind, I was just getting things off the top of my head at the moment. "From now on, I’m not only going to teach you history, I’m also going to keep tab on your medicine intake. I don't want this to ever happen again because I really care about you. I care about you so much, more then a friend actually. I know Matt tried to get me to ask you out in the basement but I wasn't ready but now that I think about it. I'm ready to ask you to be my boyfriend. I hope you say yes. I really do." I kissed his hand lightly.

"I would like that." he replied. I jumped, nearly falling out my chair. "Sorry." he giggled.

"It's fine. I just wasn't expecting you to wake up during my little whatever that was. So do you really want to be my boyfriend?"

"Of course. I like you a lot. I would love to be known as Zacky Baker's boyfriend.” he grinned. I grinned back and got up to leave a small kiss against his lips.

"Come on, the doctor said you could go home once you wake up." I helped Frank out the bed and signed him out. When we met up with Jackie and Brian, they were by the exit, laughing and grinning. I also noticed Brian was handing her hand. I nudged Frank and pointed. He grinned.

"I knew she would like him.” he said, grabbing a hold of my hand. I smiled. "Hey you love birds." he chirped. Jackie and Brian jumped, letting go of their hands.

"Oh Frankie! I'm glad you're okay. You almost gave me a heart attack.” She pulled her brother in a tight hug.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just ready to go home and head back to bed with my boyfriend."

"You two are going out! Congratulations.” Brian cheered. We both said a thank you. After our quick conversation, we all piled into Matt's car and headed home where we were tackled to the ground by a worried Jimmy.

"You're okay!" he exclaimed, hugging my boyfriend.

"Yeah. Thanks to you guys. Now if you excuse me I'm kind of tired. Zacky, care to join me in the bedroom." Jimmy and the others started whistling and shouting go get him as we walked upstairs. Only them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow,it's been forever since we updated this story...actually it's my fault and I apologize for the very very long wait. But we're back and I hope people will continue reading this. :)

Thanks for the comment:

SuperBat
Thegreatunspoken
Alleh Baba

Title Credit: Avenged Sevenfold-Waking the Fallen

Comments?