‹ Prequel: Story of a Girl

Walls

Second Chance

Sydney was sitting in the chair and V walked in, her hair in a messy ponytail and she was wearing a pair of skinnies and a tank top. She was wearing the apron and she had her make-up done how she used to back when Sydney last saw her.

Sydney gave her a half smile and the girl bit her lip. “Alex knows you’re here.”

Sydney felt the heat drain out of her body. “Wh-what?”

“He called me and asked who I had lunch with yesterday. And I can’t lie to him.”

Sydney knew that the girl probably hadn’t wanted to tell Alex. And Sydney knew that she wanted to protect Alex. “I know.” She paused and then said softly, “And I know that Damiean re-upped.”

The black haired girl paused and then continued looking through the make-up bag. “Nick told you, didn’t he?”

“Jon.” Sydney said softly. “And I’m sorry.”

“I’m proud of him, I am, it’s just...I still worry about him.”

Sydney nodded, “Yeah, I know.” The black haired girl let out a soft laugh, “Yeah, I know you know.”

Sydney opened her mouth to continue, but the flood of other models came in so Sydney shut her mouth and just let to whirlwind of the set take her away. Sydney was the last one, because Markus always made her shoots last, so Sydney was alone with V again.

“You really care about him, don’t you? I mean, not in the same way you care about Zack, but-”

“Yeah. I do.” She said quietly. “I’m like their little sister. And as a little sister, I’m viciously loyal and protective of my brothers.” She paused, “But I’m also a momma bear. I will protect my ‘cubs’ with all my might. And if that means keeping things from them, for their benefit, then so be it.”

“Is that why you weren’t planning on telling Alex about me?”

“How do-”

“We used to be like sisters, V. I know how your mind works.”

The girl was quiet, “Then you must understand why I can’t just forgive you like that.” She said snapping on the word 'that', “You broke him, Sydney. And you lied to me about loving him.”

“I was scared.” Sydney confessed. “I mean, I know that it’s no excuse, but that’s all I’ve got.”

“That’s not all that there is.” V said quietly. “There’s more to your story than that.

Sydney opened her mouth, but Markus called her name and she hurried out of the tent.

Sydney felt V’s eyes on her the whole time. After she was done, she was just sitting on the sand with the other girls from the shoot. “Hey, where are the guys?”

“Uhm, I don’t know.” Sydney looked over and saw that V was missing. But she saw her car was still at the shoot. Sydney stood up quickly and walked to the make-up tent.

“C’mon. That boyfriend of yours isn’t around. You can totally trade up now.”

“Get away from me.” V’s controlled voice said.

“C’mon now.” A different male voice said. “Why do you want to be with a guy who’s gone so much? We’re here all the time.”

“I’m quite happy in my life right now.”

“Oh-”

“Get your slimy hands off of her.” Sydney said authority extremely apparent in her voice.

The five guys moved away from the black haired girl. Their eyes went straight to Sydney, and she looked at them with a raised eyebrow. “Uh...” They all murmured. They knew that Sydney was pissed, and that they had lost their chance at ever being with her. Not that she was cocky or anything, but they had all shown interest in the blonde.

“You’re soooo fucking lucky that Zack isn’t here. You wouldn’t be able to walk.” Sydney continued. “Now get out and leave her alone, or else.” They all scurried out of the tent. Sydney walked to where the girl had sat on the couch. “You all right?”

V nodded, “Yeah. I’m fine.” There was a silence. “Thank you.”

Sydney nodded, “No problem. I don’t think that they’ll bother you again.” A few quite moments passed then Sydney got up and started walking out, “How can you still be so nice to me after I’ve been so bitchy to you?”

Sydney bit her lip and then looked back at the girl, whose eyes were on her. “Because I have to make it up to you. And, even though you hate what I did, you would do the same.” Sydney paused, “Because I know that you don’t hate me. You just really hate what I did. How I made you and Alex feel.”

The girl was quiet and Sydney walked out.

Two weeks later Sydney was at the Runner Runner house, and they were having a cookout. Sydney watched as the beach ball sailed over the fence.

“Sydney, go get it will you?” Peter said from the grill. Sydney groaned but walked to the door on her side of the fence, then walked to the neighbors side, and prayed that nobody was home...or at least in the backyard.

She saw the pool and its lights first, then the girl with a black messy ponytail with just her feet in the water.

“V?” Sydney called out.

The girl turned her head and Sydney could see black tears rolling down her cheeks.

“V, what’s wrong?” Sydney asked walking over and sitting beside the girl.

After a few seconds, “I feel so lonely.” She said softly, tears falling down her cheeks. “Even when Zack is here; and I know he can see it.” She sniffed, and shook her head, using the cuff of the hoodie she had on to wipe some tears away.

“Why do you feel lonely? You’re surrounded by all of these people who love and admire you.” Sydney moved some of the girls bangs away, “You have one of the biggest hearts that I’ve ever seen, and you’re real. You don’t try to impress people.”

The girl sniffed. “How can you say that I have a big heart, when I’ve been such a bitch to you?”

Sydney sighed, “Because, I haven’t earned my second chance yet.” She bit her lip, “And I hurt you. And someone you care about.”

The girl sniffed again, and Sydney wrapped her arm around the girl. “Come on. We’re having a barbeque and you should totally come. I’m sure the Runner Runner guys wouldn’t mind you crashing, since they’re leaving tomorrow for tour tomorrow and everything.” The girl smiled slightly and allowed herself to be pulled to the gathering.

As Sydney watched V sip her Smirnoff, watermelon flavor, she felt a slight weight being lifted off of her chest. And when V caught her eye a few seconds later, and the girl didn’t glare; but offered a slight smile, Sydney knew that things were going to change.

For the better.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got one comment on the last one. :/ I know that it sounds kinda bitchy, but I do want some comments to know that all of you like the update and maybe predict what you think is going to happen in future installments.

Comments?