Status: Complete

The Bad Boy Next Door

Frankie

"Stace, I'm so sorry I'm late," Jo said, helping her sister with her luggage. "My car chose this morning to die. Luckily, my neighbor gave me a ride."

"It's no big," Stacey said, following her sister to Frank's car. "Maybe I'll miss my flight and won't have to go at all."

Jo frowned. "Stacey, you have to go visit Dad."

"Why? You're not going."

"I can't just take off to Spain for a month and leave Pete."

"Why? Not like he's ever around anyway." Stacey saw the flash of pain go across her sister's face. "Sorry, Jo."

Jo was saved from having to respond when Frank got out of the car to open the trunk. Stacey raised an eyebrow, leaning in to whisper to Jo. "You didn't tell me you had such a hottie for a neighbor."

"You think he's a hottie?" Jo whispered back.

"Uh, yeah. My god, look at that body…"

"Stacey," Jo chastised. "Behave."

"Hey, I'm not the married one here…"

"No, you're the eighteen year old here. Way too young for such thoughts."

Stacey rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She walked over to Frank and the open trunk.

"Um, Stacey, this is Franklin, my neighbor. Franklin, this is my sister, Stacey."

"Nice to meet you, Franklin," Stacey said. Frank chuckled to himself at the coy, flirtatious look on her face.

"You can call me Frank," he replied, taking the luggage from Stacey and Jo.

Stacey smiled. "Okay, cool."

Jo raised an eyebrow. Frank?

"Come on, Stace, we're going to be late," Jo said as Frank slammed the trunk down.

Stacey gave Frank one more smile before climbing in the backseat.

"Frank?" Jo asked.

Frank chuckled. "It's a nickname. You're more than welcome to call me that, too, if you want."

"Okay then. Frankie"

Frank chuckled. "Whatever makes you happy."

Jo and Frank got into the car without another word.