Sequel: Change Your Ticket
Status: Completed! :D

He's My Brother's Best Friend and My Enemy, This Can't Be Good!

020

It was Monday morning and I was standing by my locker using it as a support. I hadn't gotten that much sleep the last couple days. My mind had been too busy and Lexis had been having nightmares waking up the entire house.

Our parents left yesterday to go back to work. We drove them to the airport and said our goodbyes. They weren't coming back until Christmas break. When we got back to our house everyone just kinda did their own thing. We still had unpacking to do and school started the next day. I stayed in my room the entire time, so I could hide from the world. I knew that if I talked to Cassadee or Miranda they would sense something was up, and I did not want to spill the details about my kiss. I was also avoiding Parker since after every awkward encounter we’ve had we end up fighting after.

The bell rang for first period forcing me out of my trance. I grabbed my book quickly and went off to class, which was conveniently in the other building. Gotta love my high school. I got into my seat right as the bell rang. Math was an easy subject for me so I didn't mind having pre-cal first period. Me having a window seat and having Parker sit behind me was the real issue of this class. I stared out the window as Mr. Walker went on with his lecture.

The entire class period I could feel Charlie sending me death glares. What the hell was up her ass today. I really don't understand why she had a problem with me, other than the fact she was a jealous person. Maybe if she put as much effort in school as she does in hating me she would have better grades.

The bell rang and I went back to my locker to grab my book for AP Chem. School definitely wasn't my favorite thing but it was something I was good at. I found another purple note in my locker and took it with me to my next class. First day back from class and I was already getting these notes. I liked having a secret admirer but it was getting a bit annoying. I didn't know who it was and all I could think about while reading them was how I hoped it was Parker.

I walked into class and took my seat. Mr. Becker was a lazy teacher so I figured we were just watching a video today. Luck was on my side today. Since I sat in the back I decided to get my phone out and text Max.

I asked Max if they had practice tonight. I was in no mood to stay here longer than I needed to. By the looks of how first period went I would have a shit load of homework I would be doing. While I waited for Max to respond I read the note that was on my locker.

You may not know who I am. You may not even care. You may not even read these letters. None of that matters to me. I hope you are reading them. They are my feelings I am to afraid to speak. I like you Josylne. When I see you at your locker I want to come behind and wrap my arms around your waist. These are the things I wish I could do but instead I am bound behind the secret identity. Until next time my love. -Your Secret Admirer

I was speechless yet again. This letter didn't help me narrow down the male population of my school but it was definitely one of my favorites. Like I said though, not knowing who it was driving me insane. I also wanted to know how this person was getting these in my lockers if they were supposed to be in class. I mean someone would see during a passing period and obviously this person didn't want anyone knowing that they liked me. I never thought of it like that. Maybe this person was hiding because they were ashamed to admit they liked me. If that was the case maybe these things weren't as sweet as I imagined they were.

I watched the stupid video for the rest of the day. I really hated Chemistry but apparently I needed three years of a science to even have a shot of getting into a good college. Not like I had really plans to, my goal was just to get into a college. I didn’t play a sport like Jayden and Parker so my college acceptance relied solely on my grades.

Max texted me back saying that we didn't have practice. I was happy to know I could go home after school. The rest of the day dragged on. The only class I enjoyed was photography. Something about pictures just made me be in a place of peace, like when I listen to music.

The bell rang signaling the end of class and I got up from my seat. Parker was in my last class since it was another senior level coarse. I hadn't talked to him at all since the scene at the airport and the plane ride home. I was trying to convince myself none of it happened. I mean I couldn't be falling for him, but I knew I was.

I walked to my locker and put away my books before walking to my car. I took my own car this morning because I didn't feel like driving to school with the others. That and I wasn't going to stay for practice if they had it. I unlocked my car and was about to get in when I saw Max coming. He was walking with Ava.

"Hey babe," He said still holding hands with his girlfriend.

"Hey Maxxy," I said then eyed Ava. "Hi Ava.”

"Hello," She smiled at me.

Ava was seriously one of the nicest girls. I really hope Max was being good to her. I mean she was just a freshman and she still had that naive look to her.

"Hey did anything happen at Disney World?" He asked.

I was sitting in my car and the two of them were standing outside of it. "Uh no why?" I asked. I swear to god if Parker told Max what happened I would kill him. Sure Max was my friend to but I didn't want people to know I kissed Parker. I mean there goes my hiding from the high school world. If I thought Charlie hated me before I'd be screwed.

"Parker keeps going on and on about how you met this guy," He said.

"Are you kidding? He's so stupid. Its nothing don't worry about it Maxxy. I gotta go though. I'll see you two later," I said and waved.

They walked off to find Max's car and I pulled out of my spot and drove away. I pulled into my spot in the drive way and walked inside. Cassadee and Lexis were the only ones home at the time.

"Hey Cass. Hey miss Lexis," I said and kissed the top of her head. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a snack before heading up to my room to work on my homework.

After I was finished I decided to listen to music and just chill in my room. At around five my computer chirped letting me now I had an instant message. It was from Jake. I ended up talking to Jake for about an hour and a half. He was back home in California now and back to school. We talked about music and life and it was just relaxing. It was like I was back in the cafe.

There was a knock on my door. "Come in," I yelled exiting off of the IM screen. Miranda walked in my room and sat on the bed. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Hey I was wondering if Saturday you want to have a girls night?" She asked.

"Nothing much. Hey I was wondering if Saturday you want to have a girls night?" she asked.

"Not doing anything with my brother?" I chuckled. "Sure what did you have in mind?"

"Well, the boys are doing something for football and I was thinking movie night here or something."

"Sounds good. I miss spending time with my best friend. Whatever we do can we have ice cream?" I asked with puppy dog eyes. She chuckled.

After dinner I went back in the room for the rest of the night. I talked to Jake a bit longer before finally deciding to go to sleep, or so I thought. I heard another knock at my door as I was drifting to sleep.

"Jos we need to talk," my sister spoke and let herself in. She closed the door and turned on the light despite my protests.

"Cass I was almost asleep!" I groaned. "What is it?"

"What happened at the airport the other day?" she asked seriously.

Well fuck. There goes my cover. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't play stupid. You came running on the plane and you were all flustered. I'm not blind," she said.

Well I guess I could trust my sister, right? I guess I was going to find out. I motioned for her to come closer to me so I could whisper it in her ear. I immediately regretted telling her once the words left my mouth.

"You what!" she yelled.

"Ssssh!" I yelled.

"Sorry, but oh my god. He really kissed you?" She asked. I nodded my head, like I would lie about that. Come on Cass. "Well that explains everything," She said before walking out of my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another updates lovelies. This one is kinda slow but you know not every update can be exciting. Great things are in store for the future so don't give up on this story. Keep on reading. Oh and I'm loving the comments too. :)