‹ Prequel: Break the Walls
Status: Sequel to Break the Walls.

Forgive Me

Chapter Seven

“I can’t do this,” I sobbed, pacing back and forth in the living room.

Rian and Zack were sitting on the couch, watching me with the saddest looks ever plastered on their faces. They more than likely witnessed the entire event.

“The rest of us will be here for you, Lee,” Zack got to his feet, wrapping his arms around me.

I had never felt so disgusted—so betrayed—before in my life. I thought I could trust Alex. I thought all would be well in our world, but it wasn’t.

I sobbed, wiping my eyes and sat down on the arm of the couch. I figured I’d live a happy life with Alex, but I guess everything was not how it seemed, now. He found out he had a kid, therefore got scared. He cheated because he was scared.

“He still loves you,” Rian rubbed my shoulder, resting his face against mine.

“How can he?” I sobbed, shaking my head and crossed my arms over my chest, “He fucked another girl.”

“Hailee,” Jack entered the room, walking over to stand in front of me, “He doesn’t even remember he did it.”

I wiped my eyes, looking down at the floor. Whether he remembered doing it or not, he still did it. Alex wouldn’t be able to live any of this down.

“Hey guys,” Alex’s voice ran through the foyer, “Is she up?” he entered the room, meeting my gaze.

I got to my feet, forcing myself into my room. I slammed the door shut behind me, locking it and threw myself onto the bed. I sobbed loudly, pushing my head into my hands. How could he act like nothing happened?

It had been two weeks since I officially talked to Alex. It killed me each and everyday that went by, though.

I walked into the kitchen, finishing up dinner just as Adam ran through the house, “Hey, kiddo.”

“Is the food down?” he smiled innocently, sitting at the table.

I laughed, nodding and served him his share. I made up my plate and sat down next to him, after grabbing both of our drinks.

“How was school?” I looked at him, licking my lips slightly.

“Fun, but I’ve been thinking, sissy,” he mused, setting his fork down, “I’m happy for you and the baby.”

I smiled widely, my mouth falling agape. He was such a sweet boy. Any girl would be lucky to have him.

I dug into my food, finishing half of it before the phone rang. I got to my feet, wiping my mouth off with a napkin, “Hello?”

“Hey, Hailee,” Alex slurred, gulping down what I assumed was beer, “I missed you.”

I sighed, leaning against the wall, “I-I missed you too, Alex. Why are you drinking?”

“I don’t know,” he laughed his voice becoming a little strained.

I couldn’t bear to hear him like this—hear him slowly killing his liver. I cared about him way too much to listen to it. It was killing me, just as slowly as it was killing him.

“Alex, I think you should try to get—”

“Hailee, I thought I loved you,” he slurred more, forcing tears to my eyes, “I don’t know if I do, anymore. You’re such a bitch to me, sometimes.”

“You don’t mean that,” I hid my sob deep within my throat, “It’s the alcohol talking.”

“No, this is really me,” he hiccupped, “I don’t know what to do with you.”

“Then maybe we shouldn’t be together anymore,” I screeched, hanging up on his and sobbed hard.

Maybe we didn’t belong together. I’m sure that Rian, Zack and Jack would help me raise the kid, but not Alex.

Alex officially broke my heart. It wasn’t enough with the cheating, but the drunk dialing just added the cherry on top of my pitiful amount of ice cream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gasp.
Thoughts?