‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Castle Of Blood

Image

Hatter's emerald eyes went wide from happiness. He couldn't believe that his wife was pregnant. It was a dream come true. Just the other night they were talking about a family and now here Danielle was carrying his child. He pulled his wife into a kiss but she was too in shock to return it. When he pulled away she looked worried. Rowen excused herself so they could have some privacy.

"I thought you would be happy."

Danielle sighed. "I am honey. It's just..." she paused. "What if Iracabeth kills me? I can't battle her while I'm pregnant. I wouldn't be able to risk my life let alone our child's life. Besides, we don't even know for sure if I am pregnant."

Hatter nodded. "I'll be right back."

Danielle watched as he left the room. That's when she placed her hand onto her stomach. How could she keep this small thing inside of her safe, when she didn't even know if she could keep her own self safe? Hatter came back into the room moments later. Sky came into the room looking rather happy. She told Danielle to lay down. She did as she was told and watched as Sky began to put her hands onto her stomach she also did some other things to make sure that she was pregnant.

"You are pregnant my Queen!" Sky announced happily.

Danielle just smiled warmly. She didn't know how far along she was-at least a month since that's when her honeymoon was. When Sky left, Hatter went to go get Danielle some crackers and water. He hoped that the crackers would stay in her stomach. Danielle couldn't help but smile as she got ready for bed. She could imagine a little boy with green eyes and red hair being her son, or a daughter with blue eyes and reddish blonde hair being her daughter. She wasn't sure what she would have until it came out. Hatter came back to find Danielle laying in bed.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"A little bit."

"Here, try to eat these crackers." he said while handing about five of them over to her.

She slowly began to eat them and drink the water. She sat in bed for a few inutes until she finally went to sleep with Hatter curled up next to her. Danielle felt her eyes flutter open as the ship abruptly stopped. She sat up and realized that she was freezing. She got out of the bed and looked out the window to see it snowing around them. She had no idea where they were at and hoped that whoever was manning the ship didn't get them lost. Danielle flung herself next to Tarrant.

"Babe, there's something wrong." she whispered.

He quickly opened his eyes and looked at her. At first, he thought that something was wrong with her. He sat up and checked her over.

"What's wrong?"

"Not with me. Look outside." she pointed to the window.

Hatter got out of bed. His hair was sticking up in all kinds of directions; if that was even possible. He looked out the window to see the same thing that Danielle did. He turned and looked back at her. His green eyes glowing.

"I believe we are at the Castle of Blood." he replied. "Look, up there a castle!"

Danielle looked out the window and sure enough, there was an old castle sitting high on a snow covered hill.

"Maybe you should stay here." he told her.

Danielle crossed her arms over her chest. Hatter knew that she wasn't going to stay there. She was stubborn and when it came to action she was all over it. She quickly dressed warmly and followed her husband out of their cabin. Mirana and the other's were already up on deck preparing to get into a small row boat. Mirana smiled over at Danielle and greeted her with a hug then hugged Hatter.

"Congratulations!" she said.

"Thank you!" they replied in unison.

She stared over at Danielle. "Maybe you should stay here."

Hatter cackled a laugh. "I already told her to stay here and she wouldn't do that!"

"Of course!"

Danielle was helped into the boat first, then Mirana, Sky, Hatter, Mallyumkin, the Tweedles, and Chessur who was floating above them. The boat was then lowered down into the freezing water. Danielle didn't know why but she was a little frightened. What if the water started freezing and they were stuck? She closed her eyes trying not to think of what bad could happen to them. Hatter wrapped both his arms around his wife and softly nuzzled closer to her.

"Are you cold?" he whispered in her ear.

"A little."

Hatter took off one of his jackets and wrapped it around her body. He then pulled her closer to him. He wasn't going to let her freeze to death. The Tweedles quickly rowed the boat towards the small dock. Danielle and Mirana got out first followed by the others. It was nearly a two mile up from the small town to the Castle. Mirana took the lead with everyone else in the back. The tweedles made sure that Mirana was safe while Mally and Chessur had Danielle and Hatter's back. Danielle's feet felt frozen as she walked closer and closer to the castle. They finally reached the large front door.

Mirana reached up and knocked. It opened revealing a younger guy. Mirana asked to see Viktor; that it was an important matter. He nodded and allowed them all to come in.

"He's feeding right now. He'll be down in a few. Wait in the parlor." the young man said. He had shaggy black hair and piercing blue eyes. "Can I offer you anything to drink? Hot Chocolate?"

"That would be nice!" said Mirana.

They all sat down in the parlor and waited for their hot chocolate. He returned a few minutes later with a tray. He handed everyone their drink. Danielle didn't care how hot it was she just wanted her body to get warm.

"I'm Damien, Victor's son." he introduced.

"Damien, I'm Queen Mirana and this is Queen Danielle and King Tarrant."

He bowed lowly. "My father should be out shortly." he said then left the parlor.

Right on que, a man with long jet black hair, pale skin, and icy blue eyes came into the parlor. He greeted Mirana with a kiss on the cheek then took a spot in a large chair.

"What can I help you with?" he asked.

"My sister Iracabeth is plannin on overthrowing Queen Danielle. We have to get as many Deities to fight against her. If she wins she'll turn Underland into hell on earth again."

Victor nodded. "Yes," he said in a magical voice. "She made it where my blood bank ran dry. I will join."

"What's his special power?" Danielle whispered to Hatter.

"With one bite I can paralyze you." Victor replied. "Vampire. I can hear everything." he stated.

Danielle nervously smiled. "Right."

"Let me get my son and our blood supply and I'll be ready."

Less than a minute later, Victor and his son were packed and ready to go.