‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Kicking

Image

Six months had gone by since the big battle. Underland had returned back to normal and no one had to worry about Iracabeth anymore. Her ashes were scattered across sea and thankfully she would never be heard from again. Danielle woke up early one morning to the feel of her baby kicking. He or she had been kicking a lot lately and it was starting to get on Danielle's nerves. She was only seven months so she had two more to go and she couldn't wait for the baby to get out of her. Her and Hatter already picked out a name for a boy and for a girl. They would name their girl Alexis Grace and their son Ethan Bradley. Rowen had come by a few times since the battle to visit which made Danielle happy. They were starting to become really good friends.

"Are you feeling okay sweetheart?" Hatter asked as he turned to face his wife.

"Your kid won't stop kicking me."

Hatter laughed as he began rubbing her large belly. "Quit kicking your mother." he said in a soothing voice.

And just like that the kicking stopped which made Danielle chuckle.

"Our baby is already listening to you!"

Hatter smiled. "Because he or she is daddy's baby."

"And mommy's! So, what are we going to do today?"

Hatter smiled. "Well, I'm starting to get everything ready for the baby's room."

"We don't even know what it is yet?"

"I'm using blue. It can be a boy or a girl color."

Danielle nodded. "I wish I could go back to Overland to get my old crib but that would change everything."

Hatter nodded. "Yes, it would. Or, if I went with you and had a potion to come back maybe it wouldn't change everything. I would like to see where you used to live."

Danielle smiled. "Could we leave today?"

"Maybe in a few days. You need your rest."

Danielle groaned. "I've been resting and I want to get out and do something."

Hatter smiled. "We can start on the babies room I guess!"

Danielle sat up as fast as her pregnant belly would let her. She rolled out of the bed and got dressed for the day.

"Okay, let's go!"

Hatter and Danielle went into his workroom. He had sewn curtains, a blanket, and started on some clothes. He said once he finds out if it's a boy or a girl he will make some more clothes. Danielle got the items then headed into the room next to theirs. It already contained a chair and a dresser. All they needed to make was the crip and a changing station for the baby. They began to hang up the curtains and put the clothes into the dresser. Danielle thought the task didn't take very long at all. As they were about to walk out of the room, Chessur appeared next to them.

"We have a surprise for you!" he said proudly.

Danielle looked over at Hatter who smiled at her. They followed Chessur into the Great Hall. Danielle's mouth fell open when she saw the Deities that helped battle, Mirana, the Tweedles, Thackery, Mallymkun, and the workers. There were presents set up on a table, smaller tables set up for people to sit, a cake, food, and punch.

"What's this?" she asked Sky who was smiling at her.

"Your baby shower! Open your presents!"

Danielle and Hatter walked over to the table that contained presents. There were a bunch of neutral clothes, some handmade toys, blankets, stuffed animals, and the biggest gift of all was a handmade crib from Mirana and a changing station from Sky. Danielle and Hatter thanked everyone for their presents. She couldn't believe that she was blindsided by this. She went around hugging everyone. She couldn't wait in only two more months her son or daughter would be here.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I said there were going to be twenty chapters but I couldn't come up with anymore ideas and I think the way I ended the story is simple yes but it's how I wanted it to end. So, the next chapter will be the last part to this sequel. Thank you to everyone who read Painting Flowers and The Technicolor Phase. I have enjoyed writing about Hatter and have grown a close relationship with Danielle's character. I hope you all will love the ending as much as I loved writing it!