Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 13

WILLIAM’S POV

Now that Gabe was a little less wound up, the night got more fun. Why he was so worried, I have no idea, but I was glad I could calm him down. He was more fun when he was relaxed.

“Now.” I said. “Where are you taking me? For all I know you could be kidnapping me.”

“I promise I’m not kidnapping you.”

“Aww, I was hoping you were.”

“We’re going some place nice.” Gabe said. “I promise you’ll like it… Well, I’m hoping you’ll like it.”

“We’ll just see about that.” I said, winking. “I’m sure I’ll love it.”

We pulled into the parking lot of the most beautiful restaurant I’d ever seen in my life. It was overlooking a gorgeous view of the city and it was lit by twinkling lights on strings going above the tables. There was ivy growing up the railing going along the balcony. The tablecloths were white with deep red napkins and there was no one else there.

“I rented out the whole place. I didn’t want anyone intruding on our special night.” Gabe said, smiling at my reaction.

“It’s so beautiful, Gabey.” I said. “Thank you so much.”

We sat down at a table closest to the view. It was nice outside so the whole jacket thing wasn’t an issue. The sun was starting to set as we finished our main courses and I looked over and smiled.

“This has been such a great night, Gabey.” I said. “It’s been so relaxing and lovely. I can’t believe you’d do so much just for me…”

“I’d do anything for you, Willy.” he said. “I don’t know what my life would be like had I not slept with you that night over a year ago…”

“Yeah, even if it hurt to be kicked out like that, I honestly wouldn’t trade it for the world.” I said, sighing and reaching across the table to hold his hand.

“This is perfect.” Gabe said. “You, me, the sunset… why can’t it always be like this?”

“It could…” I said. “Gabe, I know it’s only been a month, but I know Genevieve loves it when you come over and I certainly do as well, and I’d hope you like coming over, too, so I was wondering… How about moving in with me?”

I waited anxiously for his answer, trying to gauge his reaction.

“I get it if you feel like it’s too soon.” I said. “I’m not asking for anything more than sleeping if you move in. You could have your own bedroom, if you really wanted. But it’d be nice to wake up in your arms every day.”

“I’d love to wake up to your beautiful face every morning.” Gabe said. “And I’m always ready to spend more time with Genevieve. She’s such a sweetheart. I think we’ll make a nice little group, us three.”

“Thank god, I was worried you’d say no.” I said, breathing a sigh of relief.

I leaned over and kissed him deeply, loving the way his lips felt on mine. I could get used to having him around all the time.

“Willy, you’re so amazing.” Gabe said. “I just want to say something, and you don’t have to feel obligated to reply or anything, but I’ve fallen in love with you after this month and you have complete control of my heart.”

Call me a pussy, I don’t care, but this made me tear up a little. I walked over to his side of the table and sat on his lap, curling into his neck.

“I love you, too, Gabey.” I mumbled into his neck, planting featherlight kisses up to his jawline. “I can’t wait for you to move in.”

“Me either.” Gabe said. “I just hope Genevieve is going to be able to deal with me stealing her daddy sometimes.”

“I’m sure she will.” I said, leaning into his shoulder. “Really, though. Thanks for tonight. It’s amazing and I love it and I love you and I’m just so excited that you agreed to moving in with me.”

“Me too.” Gabe said, chuckling quietly.

“I know this is incredibly corny and everything, but I think we were, you know… meant to be. I mean, what are the chances? We both get signed to the same label within a year of each other. You just happen to actually be gay. We just happen to be doing a collab song a year later. These things can’t just all be coincidences…”

“I know what you mean.” Gabe said. “I don’t know where I’d be without you. Probably still pining after my ex. The one I was trying to get over with all the alcohol the night I met you. And god, how miserable I would be.”

He squeezed me tightly against his chest and kissed my temple.

By now the stars had come out and the lights in the city below us lit the ground like a reflection of the sky. The view was absolutely beautiful, and I can’t imagine spending the night in better company.

“Gabey, thank you.” I said. “And not just for tonight. You made me get out of the funk I was in. I put Genevieve before myself all the time, and while that will always be the case, I need to take care of myself. You helped me come alive again. You brought back the William that had turned into the dad and mom all at once. So thank you, for showing me how I could be both father to Genevieve and have a personal life outside of my house.”

I heard a small noise from behind me and turned to see Gabe, with glassy eyes, almost as if… but, no… It couldn’t be…

“Gabey… are you crying?” I asked, slightly amused.

“No.” Gabe said, but it was apparent by his choking up that he was.

“Awww, Gabey!” I said, tightening my grip around his shoulders and snuggling into his neck. “I always knew you were a softie.”

“I’m not a softie. I just… love you.”

“Hard to argue with that one.” I smiled, leaning in to kiss him for what must have been the thousandth time.

This is how my life is supposed to be. I’ve never been this happy. Nothing could possibly ruin this. I’m not perfect, and Gabe isn’t perfect. But together… we are perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! THE FLUFF IS SUFFOCATING MEEEEE!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT THE END
I swear.

BUUUTTTT
I want to hear AT LEAST from all of my subscribers. If you've subscribed, then you obviously like the story well enough.

Here, I'll make it easy. Answer one/all of these questions, please!!!

1- How did you find the story?
2- Which is your favorite? William, Gabe or Genevieve?
3- What's been your favorite part so far?
4- What would you like to see more of from this story?
5- Any other comments!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW! The more stars I get, the more exposure the story gets and the happier I become. The happier I am, the more likely I am to update.... So yeah :)

BYEEEEEE