Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 5

GABE’S POV

Today was the first day of recording for Snakes on a Plane. I was kind of worried, to tell you the truth. My acceptance of my sexuality made this so much harder, because if he hates me and wants nothing to do with me, then I’ll be heartbroken. I really like him, even though I’ve only known him for a day. But there was a connection and I’d hate that something stupid I did caused a relationship between the two of us to be impossible.

“Gabe?” Vicky said, knocking on the doorframe before coming in. “You ready to go?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I sighed, getting up off my bed and heading towards the door.

“We can still back out, you know.” Vicky said. “If it’s going to make you too uncomfortable…”

“It’s fine. I can manage.” I said. “The issue isn’t that it’ll be awkward between us, it’s that he’ll hate me and it’ll break my heart.”

“Wow, Gabey.” Vicky said. “I’ve never heard you talk like that about anyone. You’re a softy, really. Especially when it comes to William. I just have one question, though.”

“Ask away.” I said, slightly worried about what she would ask.

“What happens if he likes you as much as you like him?”

“Honestly?” I said. “I’d love to date him, as weird as that sounds. I’d love to be able to call him mine. He’s just… from what I can remember, we clicked and he’s gorgeous.”

“Well, he must have been really good in bed.” I blushed and looked at my feet. “He’s turned you gay AND made you come out of the funk you were in since what’s-her-face. I’m glad though; you haven’t had a relationship in, what? A year?”

“Let’s just go, all right?” I said, not liking where this conversation was heading.

<~><~><~><~<~<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

When we got to the recording studio, the other band was already sitting on the couch, but I didn’t see William. I looked around the rest of studio and sighed when I didn’t see William anywhere.

“Hey, guys!” Pete said, walking over to us. “These are the guys from The Academy Is… I’d like you to meet the drummer, Andy Mrotek, otherwise known as the Butcher,” he said, pointing to each in turn, “Michael Chislett, lead guitar, Adam Siska, sometimes called Sisky, bass and Mike Carden, rhythm guitar. And William is dropping Genevieve off, but he’ll be here soon.”

“Who’s Genevieve?” I thought he was gay…

“If William wants you to know he’ll tell you.” Adam said.

“Oh, okay.” I said. “I’m Gabe, and this is the rest of the band.”

“Vicky.” she said, waving to the guys sitting on the couch.

“Hey! I’m Nate.”

“Alex.” he said, shaking hands with each guy in turn.

“I’m Ryland.” he said, smiling.

“So, now that everyone’s been introduced, do you guys want to play the song for them?” Pete asked.

We’d already written Snakes on a Plane and recorded the basics, but we, that is the band and Pete, decided that there needed to be something more special. And as much as I hated to admit it, having William sing the chorus was a great idea.

Pete waved at one of the sound guys to play the song and we all sat there listening to the song play, me picking out parts that could use some work, the rest of the guys, and girl, nodding their heads to the beat.

“Wow, I like it.” Adam said.

“Thanks.” We all said in unison.

“Yeah, I can’t wait to work on it with you guys.” Andy said.

“There are definitely some spots that need filling out.” I said, looking at the rest of my band.

“Yeah, it’s great to have you guys on board.” Vicky said.

“What’d I miss?” a voice from behind said. I was almost scared to turn around…I knew that voice.

“William!” Pete said. “Nice to see you!”

“Yeah, sorry I’m late. Genevieve had to go to her mom’s.” he said.

I still hadn’t turned around, for fear of seeing his face when he saw me. I don’t even know if he knows I’m in this band…or if he even remembers. There was more confidence in his voice since the last time I saw him. You could hear it in the way he took control of the conversation. He wasn’t scared to speak anymore. I guess fame had a positive effect on him.

“William, this is Cobra Starship.” Pete said. “Vicky, Alex, Nate and Ryland.” They all waved when their names were mentioned. They weren’t too scared to turn around… “And this guy, who is being completely rude and not turning around, is Gabe Saporta.”

I turned around in my swivel chair and looked at theboy man I’m in love with.
He was a tiny bit taller than the last time I saw him, but maybe that’s because he isn’t slouched over like he used to be. I was right about the confidence thing. He stands up straight and commands attention. But maybe that wasn’t so much due to his confidence as it was his good looks. He was still gorgeous, but that little bit of confidence made him even more, dare I say it…sexy.

“We’ve met.” William said. He was wearing sunglasses, so I couldn’t see the expression in his eyes.

“Yeah, hey.” I said, smiling nervously.

He took off his sunglasses and didn’t return the smile. His eyes seemed to have happiness in them, but there was also a hint of anger or sadness, I couldn’t make out which.

“I’m surprised you remember.” he said. “You were incredibly drunk.”

“Yeah, but I remember you well enough.” I said, the smile falling from my lips.

“So?” William asked, turning his attention away from me. “Did I miss anything important?”

“We just listened to the song, but you’ve already heard it, so no, you haven’t missed anything.” Pete said.

“Oh, good.” William said. “So what are we doing today?”

“I was thinking we’d do instrumentals today and vocals tomorrow or the next day.” Pete said.

“We’ll try and get all of The Academy Is…’s instruments in today, but we may need another day.”

“So what is our job, kemosabe?” I asked Pete.

“You can hang out and listen or you can take off. Whatever you need to do.”

“So I drove all the way here just to be introduced to the other band, one of which I already know?” William asked.

“Well… yeah. Introductions are important.” Pete said.

The rest of our bands went over to their instruments and stepped into the recording booth, those in Cobra Starship teaching their counterparts in The Academy Is… their parts and tuning up.

“So…” William said. “Are you going to stay and listen or head out?”

“Well…” I’m about to make an ass of myself, I just know it. “I was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee or something?”

I held my breath, trying to gauge his reaction from his facial expression.

He smiled, and I let out a sigh of relief, knowing that he wasn’t going to shoot me down.

“Yeah, I’d like that.”

I smiled back at him and led him out of the studio, catching Vicky’s wink in my direction when she saw us leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, new chapter! Sorry about the wait, I was in Dallas without my computer for my cousin's high school graduation. So congrats to him!

Oh, and I have 4 subscribers!!! *throws party* That's the most I've ever had on a single story!
As a present for my party, can you all 4 of you, at least the four of you, everyone can do it if they want, can you all comment for me?

Please comment/subscribe!!! I'd love it, like a lot :)