The Musso's and Me

UEM

“Have you changed your mind about UEM?” “Miley quiet, he’s only downstairs” I whispered, “Sorry, well have you?” I shook my head.

“I’ve looked at a few places here and I have some auditions” I replied “Auditions?” I nodded “Yeah I’ve applied to do dance, but I’m going to UEM to look around” I said “You can’t leave, you two have been fine for a few weeks now” Miley said and I nodded.

“My whole life can’t revolve around Mason, I’ve got to grow up Miley” “Why can’t it? His revolves around you. Stop running away!” she snapped.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I shot back, she shook her head “You’ve maybe not told me but he’s told Trace” she admitted “Told Trace what?” I whispered back. “He’s told Trace you’ve kissed twice since you’ve been here. I was right, he was jealous of Joe” she said.

I shook my head “Denying it doesn’t mean it’s not true, whether you like it or not he likes you & you need to stop ignoring it” “I’m not.”

I walked out my room to see Mason was still sat watching TV. “Miley I’m not running away” I sighed as I walked back in my room “If I go back to Spain, this won’t be a problem. He doesn’t like me like that, he’s just confused” I replied.

“He likes you otherwise he wouldn’t kiss you” she said and I shook my head “He’s confused, we’re not meant to be anything more than friends. That’s the way he’s always wanted it” I replied.

“He’s always wanted it? So you don’t want to be friends?”she asked “Yes, no. Oh I don’t know Miley, I’ve had crushes on him in the past but that’s all they are, nothing serious. We’re friends that’s the way he’s always wanted it” “Obviously not if he’s kissing you” she snapped back.

“He gets caught in the moment, carried away that’s all” I reassured “But what if he really does want it?” “Well he’s a grown up, he knows what he wants and he knows how to get it. If he really wanted it he’d let me no” I replied.

“Kissing you isn’t the move that you’re waiting for then?” he said and I laughed “I’m not waiting for anything, if you knew Mason you’d know him kissing you isn’t a big deal” I admitted and she looked back confused.

“If he feels an awkward silence with a girl he kisses them” I said laughing “Guess that’s stops the silence maybe increases the awkwardness though” she said starting to laugh.

I heard the phone ring “I’ll get it!” I heard Mason shout. “So you want to do dance?” she asked and I shrugged “I always wanted to, I’ve had dance lessons since I was 4 so it’s something I really like and I’m okay at it. I stopped having lessons when I came over here though” I admitted.

“You should come with me! I have lessons all the time and we can get your audition sorted out and you can practise before them all. I go Mondays, Thursdays and some Saturdays. It’ll be fun” she said smiling “Okay sure, I need to practise and get a lot better. Who is Mason on the phone too” I said opening the door followed by Miley.

I turned round when I realized he was talking in Spanish “Why’s he not talking English?” she asked “He’s speaking Spanish” I replied “Is that…” “UEM! I hope not” I whispered and jumped backwards as he slammed the phone down and turned round.

“Don’t you dare pretend your not there!” he shouted, I took a deep breath and stepped forwards, he looked up at me with tears in his eyes and shook his head.

“They want to know when you plan on visiting and that they’ve accepted you” he said and walked out. “Mason!” I shouted but he’d gone.