The Musso's and Me

Overheard

* Mason’s Pov *

“Trace what’s up?” I asked and he shook his head.

“Stop being a jackass, you’ll regret it!” he warned and I looked confused, “If you let her go like this you’ll regret it” he added.

“No I won’t. Let her go” I snapped as he sat down.

“Mason I know this hurt you” he started and I laughed.

“Of course it hurt me. She lied to me; I’ve always trusted her and she lied. I loved her and she ruined it,” I shouted shutting the study door so no one would hear.

“Being this way will make her want to leave” Trace said and I nodded slowly.

“I know it will but what should I do? If she goes like this then I’m just angry” I admitted knowing this was the only way I wanted it.

“But if you forgive her your hurt?” he cut in and I nodded.

“If we’re friends when she goes it’ll be worse” I explained feeling my heart drop every time it was mentioned.

“But you can’t let her leave without explaining” Trace reasoned.

“Trace you think this is new? This has been like this for years. We fight and make up, we never take it too far but she has this time. I’ve had a crush on her since I was 9” I admitted as I sat down.

“But you’ve had girlfriends” he stated confused.

“Yeah I have but that’s because she doesn’t feel the same so I have to move on. Then my girlfriend makes me choose” I explained thinking over all my past relationships.

“And you always choose Jess?” he asked and I nodded.

“My parents used to hate us being together so much. Dad thought I would get attached and mom thought I needed guys as friends. It’s stupid but she’s the only person I really know, or at least I thought I knew. She has to go & it has to be soon” I stated and he nodded accepting that this was the only way I'd have it.

* Jess’s Pov *

I walked down the hall; they can’t know I heard them.

I hid in Mr. Musso’s office as Mason & Trace walked out the study.

“Hey” I jumped as Miley walked past “Who was that on the phone?” she added.

“It was a guy from CalArts” I stated and she smiled.

“And?” she asked smiling, already excited at the prospect.

“I got in. I have to decide in 5 days” I said as I thought everything I'd just heard through and she jumped up & down clapping. “Miley you can’t tell anyone” I warned her.

“Okay, so do you know what you’re going to do?” she asked and I nodded slowly, “I don’t like the look of that” she said looking sad.

“I’m going to let them know now,” I said and she shut the door & left.

I went on line and sent an email explaining that I was grateful they’d considered me & that they’d offered me a place but that sadly I wasn’t able to go and sent another email saying that I was really happy they’d accepted me and that I was accepting their offer and was excited to start and walked off to my room here.