The Musso's and Me

Living at the Musso's

* Mason’s Pov *

“Mom’s fine with it, honestly. You know she loves you!” Jess nodded. “You can stay in the guest room" I explained.

Jess stayed quiet through dinner even though we all tried to get her to talk. “Jess why don’t you go to bed?” suggested mom and she nodded and walked off.

“Mason wait” dad said and I stopped. “Son be careful” I looked at him confused “She’s ill Mason she needs help, help you can’t give her all the time. Maybe she should go see a doctor he could give her some tablets” he said.

“Dad don’t you dare. She needs her friends, she needs someone to look after her” I snapped back “But that’s the thing your not her friend!” he half shouted, “What’s that meant to mean?” “Mason you’ve been in love with that girl since you were 9.”

I looked shocked, I’d never told anybody. I was about 9 and we’d been best friends for a while and I got a crush on her. I thought I would grow out of it and here we are all these years later and I haven’t.

“Enough, Mason we know. We’ve known for years. Your dad’s overreacting, look after her” said mom as I got up and walked off.

“I know how he feels” I heard her whisper, “So why are you letting him, he’ll end up heart broken if anything happens to her” replied dad “Yeah, but he’ll feel worse if he did nothing. He made her mother a promise and he’s sticking to it. Jess knows nothing about it anyway,” they were arguing over it but mom was right. I made a promise.

I walked into her room and she was laid on the bed. I sat with her watching TV until mom came to check on her and then I went to my own room. I heard Mitch and Marc go into her and go back to bed.

I woke up as I heard a noise and rolled over. It would be Mitchel going to ring his girlfriend; I closed my eyes and drifted back to sleep.

I jumped as I felt someone touch my hand and opened my eyes to see Jess. “Jess, what’s the matter?” I whispered so mom wouldn’t hear.

She didn’t say anything and I moved over as she got in my bed. She laid down with her back to me and grabbed my hand and wrapped it round her.