Status: Finished! I just have to post all of the chapters on here :)

Now I panic?

Chapter Eighteen

If I was close to a panic attack yesterday, than i'm really about to lose it now. Nothing fits me. All of these dresses were meant for women, not girls...

My mom is finally beginning to understand. She's walking on eggshells around me. So are all of the 'helpers'.

I pull out my cell and call Zach. He sounds distracted, but I tell him anyway. "I can't do this anymore Zach. I feel like i'm about to meltdown completely."

This gets his attention. "Kortney-"

"No! I can't do this anymore. I need to get out of here."

There's a silence, before he speaks, his voice soothing. "Baby calm down. Take some deep breaths for me. Please."

I'm silent, and start to breath deeply, half trying to listen to him, and half in shock form him calling me baby. He's never done that before. I... like it.

"Okay... but-"

"No buts."

Zach's POV.................................................................

Kortney sounds like she's about to have a panic attack any second. I really need to calm her down before she makes a scene.

"Are you listening to me?"

She sounds close to tears. "Yeah..."

"You will find a dress, baby. Just relax, and be patient. Can I talk to my mom?"

She sniffs. "Okay. Zach?"

"Yeah."

"Thank you."

I smile. "For what?"

"Just... talking to you makes me feel a lot better." I can picture her biting her lip or something cute like that. "Um, i'll get your mom."

There's some rustling, and then mom get on. "Yes darling?"

"Kortney is really upset mom. What exactly is the problem?"

She sighs. "Well, most of these dresses are too big for her, and for more fully developed women. Her chest is actually quite small, and her hips are wide for her age, but not like a woman's..."

I think her chest is cute...

"This is really just the reason why fourteen year olds don't get married. We might have to have a dress custom made. We'll look for another couple hours, but then we'll have to look somewhere else."

Wow... no wonder. Kortney probably feels like a complete freak(knowing how she thinks, anyways).

A loud squeal interrupts my thoughts, and I hear mom gasp.

"What happened?"

"It's perfect, Zach!"

Kortney's voice startles me, and I almost drop the phone. "When did you try on another dress?"

"When I gave the phone to your mom. But its perfect Zach! It fits in all the right places."

I can't stop my grin. "How much is it though?"

Silence comes from her end. Uh oh. "Baby how much is it? Tell me."

"$59,000..."

What. The. Heck. I am not paying for that.

"Zach?" I hear the almost fear in her voice, and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"I need to talk to my mom."

The phone is handed over in silence, and I feel terrible. Mom is livid.

"Zachary Thomas! How dare you tell my daughter in law that she can't get this dress. Your father and I already said we would pay for it!"

"I just want to know why that dress is so expensive."

She sighs, and explains as if talking to a toddler. "It's an original. There's not another one like it in the entire world. Of course it's expensive."

"Alright. Put Kortney back on please."

Kortney is quiet when she comes back on. "Yes?"

"I'm glad you found your dress. I can't wait to see you in it."

She squeals again, and I laugh. "I'll see you when you get back alright?"

"Okay. Bye."

...............................................................................................

Kortney practically throws herself into my arms when she walks into her room and sees me on her bed on my laptop. "What are you doing on my bed?"

I smile into her hair, breathing in her shampoo, that smells like apples. "It's smells like you. I like it. And it's soft."

She laughs, snuggling into my chest.

"I'm taking you out for dinner tonight."

"Really," she questions, her voice muffled by my shirt.

I nod. "Yeah. You should change into something a bit... dressier."

Now she lifts her head, staring at me. "Where are we going?"

I grin. "That's a secret. Go get changed. I need to shower too."

She nods, and jumps up, running to her closet.

.........................................................................................................

Kortney's POV.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,,

Zach and I walk down the boardwalk, close, but not too close. Dinner was amazing, and very romantic. He bought me one white rose, and actually wore a tuxedo. He looks pretty good in it too...

I'm wearing a floor length dress, made out of a slightly stretchy material that clings to my waist and chest in a flattering, and modest way. It's royal blue with silver stitching around my chest and down the sides. My shoes are silver strappy flats, with royal blue stones, and I have on a diamond necklace that Mrs. Thomas gave me before we left. She actually took pictures, looking so proud that one would think I was actually her daughter.

The stars are twinkling slightly in the sky, and the air is cool, without being too chilly. There's a slight buzz as we walk through the crowd, towards the beach, and it just feels completely natural, as if we've been dating for years instead of engaged for a few weeks...

"You're quiet. What are you thinking about?"

Zach glances over at me, smiling. Lots of girls are openly staring at him, but he either doesn't notice, or pretends not to. It feels good to have all of his attention on me.

"Not much... just enjoying this."

He nods, looking ahead once more. We walk onto the beach, and I slip my shoes off, walking barefoot to avoid getting sand in them. Zach takes my hands and we walk down closer to the waters edge.

"I know i've said this a lot today... but you really look beautiful, Kortney."

I smile. He looks up at the sky for a minute, taking a breath. "I'm still happy that you forgave me, you know. When you left. You're the only person i'd want to marry right now. I hope you understand that."

I nod slowly, feeling a warm feeling start to spread over me. He's trying to say something... I just don't know what yet.

"I hope you don't feel like I deserve better, because the truth of the matter is that I deserve so much less than you. You're really too good for me, but i'll do my best to do you right. To give you the most that I can..."

"Zach..." I turn him to face me. "Don't say that. I don't deserve any better than you. I don't want anyone else either. What are you trying to say?"

He locks eyes with me for a while, before looking down again. "I thought about what you said yesterday. About not being actually proposed to beforehand... I had already been thinking about it, but you really made me want to do it. Before, I thought it would be too much, but-"

I laugh softly. "Zach, you're rambling. What is it?"

He laughs too, before turning me around, and putting his arms around my waist, holding me against him. "I think i'm actually falling in love with you, Kortney. I am. When I first met you, you scared the heck out of me. You wouldn't leave me alone no matter what I said to you."

He rests his head on my shoulder. "I'm glad you didn't, because then we wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be happier than i've ever been in my life. I want to spend that life with you. I know it's a bit late... and there's only one answer, but..."

I feel a nudge against my stomach, and look down in front of me. I gasp.

Zach is holding a small black velvet box, with an engagement ring inside. The ring is platinum, with a small, emerald-cut diamond in the center. So simple, but still beautiful nonetheless.

"Will you marry me, Kortney?"

I can barely contain the pure joy that comes from me. I turn around in his arms to face him, and put a hand on either side of his face. "Of course I will."

He grins, looking happier than i've ever seen him. He laughs a bit. "I was half sure you'd say no."

I roll my eyes. "How could I say no to you? You get so paranoid sometimes."

He slips the rings on my left ring finger, and I admire it for a few seconds, before looking back at him. It seems like the right things to do, so I stand on tiptoe and kiss him lightly.

When I pull back, he pulls me in for a hug.

I've never felt so safe. Now I know everything will be alright. And I know I didn't say it to him, but deep down, I think i've already fallen for him. I'll tell him eventually. All that matters now though, is that he feels the same. I don't have to worry anymore.

And that feels better than anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
ONG i'm about to cry. Seriously. I need to stop getting so attached to my characters. I'm starting to believe this is real.

Anyways, chapter.

Read, Subscribe, Enjoy.

Ps. I'll spell check later. It's late. *yawns* Goodnight.