Status: Last Update: October 23rd, 2010

Luck & Intuition

First Time.

THE COLD, HIGH viscosity liquid squirted from the bottle into the palm of Joe’s hand, then he begin to rub his hands together followed by running his fingers through his hair to get the gel off. The front of his hair stuck up just like it always did. He ran his hand along his five-o’clock shadow deciding that it was fine for a first date, plus he didn’t even have time to shave.

Joe walked into his bedroom, grabbing his leather jacket off the chair and sliding his arms into the sleeves. He tied the laces of his Nike shoes up and proceeded to snatch his phone, keys and wallet off the bedside table. His eyes flickered to the clock, noticing that he had ten minutes to drive downtown and arrive on time to pick up Autumn.

“Well don’t you look all... Joe Jonas-y.” Storm snickered from the couch in the living room while burring her hand into a bowl of popcorn.

“Oh how creative, Storm.” Joe laughed, taking his car keys off of the hook near the front door. “Do I look okay?”

“Dude, I just said you looked all Joe Jonas-y, of course you look fine.” Joe sighed and nodded. “So um, do you have any vodka around here?”

“Storm you are not going to drowned yourself in vodka just because Nick is being an ass.”

“Psh, who says I was going to do that?” Joe gave Storm a knowing look as his hand gripped around the door knob. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Don’t do anything stupid.”

“Only if you use protection!”

Storm’s face with covered with smug. Joe rolled his eyes and exited his own leaving Storm to do basically anything she wanted which is life threatening decision made by Joe. He wouldn’t be surprised is his kitchen was burnt down when he came home.

The door slammed shut as he started his car and turned on the radio. Joe swerved out of the driveway as he drove silently with his thoughts clouding his mind. The light ahead turned from yellow to red. Joe eased the brakes, and he watched the cars in the lanes go by. He began to tap his fingers against the stirring wheel as he bit down on his thumb nail.

He turned as soon as the lights flashed green then turned another right into the parking lot of Autumn’s apartment building. Appearing at the front entrance was Autumn chatting on her cell phone. Joe parked the car and stepped out, walking around to the other side. Autumn smiled seeing him and held up her finger to indicate that she would just be a moment. Joe nodded taking in what he was in for.

Autumn wore jean washed shorts with an oversized white “Choose Life” WHAM shirt. Her feet were covered by sleek black cowboy boots. Autumn’s long, dark brown pin straight hair ran down to the middle of her back. Joe’s eyes must have looked over body more than a thousand times in the spanned of a minute.

“Thank you so much. I’ll call you in the morning.” Autumn’s voice snapped Joe away from his dazed expression. “Hey!”

“Who were you talking to?”

“Kevin. I was just seeing how things were going with Ella and he said everything is fine. Taylor’s been making suggestive comments to him now, if you know what I mean.” Autumn began to giggle as she slid her phone into her back pocket.

Joe started to chuckled. “Well I wouldn’t be surprised if in nine months I have a niece or nephew.”

“Yeah, which would be nice. So um, where are we going?”

Joe stepped forward and pulled the handle on the car door open. He motioned for her to climb in which she obeyed to and buckled up her seat belt. Joe walked quickly to the other side and got in.

“I was thinking we could walk along the pier, maybe go on a ride or two. Maybe even get some ice cream or whatever you want.”

Joe pushed the gear shift into drive and drove out of the parking lot in the direction of the pier. Autumn nodded and rolled down the passengers’ seat window. The breeze circulated throughout the Jeep, Autumn laid her head back against the headrest. With hidden side glances, Joe’s eyes barely stayed focused on the road.

Was is so bad to want someone so much?

[&&]

“Okay, how about, ‘So you think you’re Romeo playing a part in a picture-show’ who is the artist, what year was it released and the title?” Autumn licked the side of melting chocolate ice cream cone. “Time’s ticking.”

“Oh shush. Take The Long Road Home by Supertramp released in October of 1979 from the album Breakfast in America.”

Joe stopped walking and started to laugh. “You know everything about music. It’s pretty insane.”

“I don’t know everything but I do know some things. Did you know it reached number ten on the US Billboard Chart?” Joe shook his head; he was still in amazement by her music knowledge.

He started to walk again by her side, close to her side making subtle attempts to try and grasp her hand. His many attempts casually failed on him, causing Joe to get slightly frustrated with himself. Perhaps it was because he was nervous, or maybe she just didn’t hold hands on a first date. Or maybe she just wasn’t getting the message at all.

“Do you remember when I stopped by your office and we were fighting? You said London reporters were calling your house at three in the morning. Why were London reporters calling you?” It was a question that had been on Joe’s mind for a while, although he never spoke it aloud until now.

Autumn finished off her ice cream cone and wiped her hands with a napkin. “Um, my mom is sort of a singer-songwriter and a fashion designer. If you’ve ever heard of the British indie band Powder from the 1990’s, she was the lead singer.”

“Wait, you’re telling me that your mom is Pearl Lowe?” Autumn nodded slowly. “Holy shit, A, that’s fucking insane.”

“I guess?”

Joe laughed. “I meant it as in amazing. But then why is she over in London and you are here?”

They stopped walking at the end of the pier. Autumn leaned against the wooden framed railing and stared out at the setting sun. The mix is pink, yellow and orange danced around the sky.

“My mom and dad got a divorce when Aiden and I were nine because my dad was cheating on my mom with his female clients. My dad is the CEO of this movie industry in England.” Autumn sighed. “So then my mom married some young guy. Aiden and I left London when we were twelve, coming to Los Angeles to stay with our Aunt.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Autumn.”

Joe frowned, but Autumn laughed and shook her head. She didn’t really want apologizes or pity from anybody, it was life and shit happens and she dealt with it. It’s not like anyone can go back in time and change the past, which is just how it is.

“We’re all fucked up some way. I mean, I have to look after a two year old now so everything is going to be different. I have to be a mother figure to that little girl and chances are that she won’t remember Aiden at all when she grows up.” Autumn breathed out deeply and turned to Joe. “Sorry. Inner frustration is breaking through.”

“I don’t mind.”

He smiled genuinely, reaching out and succeeding in his attempt to hold her hand. Autumn smirked, pulling her hand away and stepping back. She pulled off her shorts, shirt, and her cowboy boots. She boosted herself up on the railing and stood.

“What the hell are you doing, A?”

“Going swimming.” She smiled, looking down at Joe. She balanced on one leg, hopping around until she finally decided to go straight into the water. Her body crashed against the water as she went under, only to surface a few seconds later. Autumn’s eyes adjusted to where see was and looked up to see Joe leaning over the railing.

“Come on, Jonas! Live a little! Jump!”

He really didn’t plan on swimming, let alone getting wet at all. But he couldn’t resist this opportunity. Joe quickly undressed himself, minus his boxers, and lunged himself over the railing, plunging into the ocean. Autumn turned away from the splash and began to laugh. Joe broke through the surface and flicked his head backwards, oh-so model like, and ran his fingers through his hair.

“It’s fucking freezing in here!” Joe shouted with a laugh added towards the end. Autumn’s laughter continued to surround him. He watched her as she stayed above the water on the tips of her toes and spun around with her arms wide open.

Joe knew this is what he’s needed; it’s what he’s always needed. He could care less if he had a stupid, pathetic, sickening smile spread across his face. He didn’t care if he looked like a little boy getting a new Transformers Autobot on Christmas day. He wouldn’t say he loved her but it was sure close.

“Joseph!” Autumn pushed her hands in the water to make a splashed against Joe’s face. Joe shook his head to snap out of the thoughts. “Your head is in the clouds again. Does that happen a lot?”

“What? Uh, no, well sometimes I’m not sure.” He paused. “It’s cold and the sun is going down, I think we should get out. You know brrrrr!”

Autumn snickered, walking towards the edge of the water. “You were doing so well up until just a moment ago, Joe.”

Joe followed Autumn out of the water and trailed behind her as they climbed back up to the boardwalk. “What do you mean?” He watched his pick up their clothes, handing Joe his items as she slid her shorts, shirt and cowboy boots on.

“I mean that we’ve known each other for a while now and I’ve seen who you are. And now tonight, I’m possibly seeing a softer side of you, almost the nervous type.”

“Great. That’s just great.” Joe sighed, tucking his shirt over his head and pulling his jeans over ass. It was almost as if he was rushing to get out of there, or excuse himself for a moment.

“Joe, Joe.” Autumn giggled. Her hand rested on his forearm indicating him to stop. “It’s cute, okay? I’m nervous too, you know. So let’s just go hang out at your place. Watch a movie, make hot chocolate or soda, and eat candy that will rot our teeth! Let’s just not do anything when in reality it will be everything.”

She was right. Joe laced his fingers with hers, and with a nod they headed in the direction of his car.

[&&]

The backseat floor was filled with bags of candy and soda pop that Joe and Autumn picked up just before they arrived at Joe’s house. The two of them staggered to the front door. Joe struggled to get the key, but they both were laughing. Joe pushed open the door with his knee and they stumbled inside.

“Next time, we’ll take trips instead of carrying fifty bags at once.” Autumn breathed out. Joe nodded, setting down the bags and looking around sceptically. “What’s wrong?”

“Something’s not right.” He mumbled. “Storm? Storm, are you here?”

Autumn set her bags down beside Joe’s and tagged along side Joe. Their feet stopped dead in their tracks, they stood in the entrance to the living room both with vacant expressions on their faces. There were empty bottles of alcohol scattered across the area. The glass coffee table was shattered along with picture frames broken and photos ripped. However, there was no sign of Storm at all.

“You go check upstairs; I’ll you look down here and the basement.” Autumn pushed Joe out of the way and pounded up the stairs. She shoved the doors open to every room, but every room happened to be empty.

“Autumn!” Autumn turned and ran over towards the railing, looking down at Joe. “Autumn, I found her.” She sighed in relief, jogging down the stairs. Joe led her out towards the pool in the back. Low and behold, there was Storm passed out on a floaty chair with an empty bottle of Vodka clench to her chest.

“Oh my God.”Autumn smacked her head to her forehead. “I should have just checked here first.”

Joe glanced around and grabbed the football from the patio table. He gripped the ball and tossed it to Storm’s stomach. Storm yet out a yelp and doubled over into the pool. Joe’s eyes widened as Storm went under, whereas Autumn busted into laughter.

“She’s going to come up, right?” Joe asked, side glancing at Autumn.

“Yeah she will.” Autumn walked to the edge of the pool and sat down, dipping her feet in. “In about ten minutes, maybe.”

“Ten minutes?” He stole the free spot next to Autumn.

“She’s like Percy Jackson. It’s pretty awesome.”

The time past with a low key conversation, the Greek Gods as the topic. Soon enough Storm punched her body through the surface of the water.

“Time?!” Storm shouted.

“Nine minutes.” Autumn glanced at her watch. Storm set a smirk on her lips, she had beaten her pervious time of six minutes.

“Hey drunky, I told you not to drink away your sorrows.” Joe called out. Storm swam towards the stairs, pulling her tired body out of the water. She shrugged and staggered towards them, popping down and sitting in the middle of them.

“You two are so cute. You guys are gonna be together—" She wrapped her arms around their necks, pulling their heads close to hers. “Forever!”

“Woah!” Autumn and Joe shouted, pushing away from Storm.

“Your mouth seems like a liquor store!” Autumn backed away.

“Psh, no it doesn’t!” Storm giggled. “But Joey needs to buy all new alcohol!”

“And Stormy needs to buy me a new coffee table.” Joe glared.

Storm’s eyes shifted from side to side. “Bed time!” She jumped up, dropping the bottle into the water and running back into the house.

“I wonder if she made it up the stairs...” Autumn questioned aloud and blinked. Joe fished the bottle out of the water and shrugged. “Come on, I’ll help you clean up since the rest of our evening is being postponed for a bit.”

[&&]

Within a hours time, the house was cleaned. The recycle bin with filled to the rim with the bottles of alcohol and the table and glass pieces had been removed from the living room.

“Who knew my brother could cause so much havoc to a girl’s life.” Joe spoke, tying the last garbage.

“She loves him, but she’s been feeling neglected by Nick lately. I’m not gonna lie and say that she had every right to trash your house and get drunk, because it was wrong. But she’s just heartbroken, legitimately heartbroken. It’s crazy how much she’s in love with him; I mean it’s just...” Autumn trailed off and smiled to herself. “I want her to be happy and Nick makes her happy.”

“I know he makes her happy. Storm makes him happy, too. I don’t know he’s in a funk of some kind. Maybe he’s confused because of what he has is gold with Storm. The last time he was truly in love was with Miley... And well, everyone knows what happened between them. But I have a feeling that he’ll make it right.”

Autumn nodded, glancing at the clock. It read half past midnight. She knew that in a seven hours that she’d have to go pick up Ella, but she also knew that Joe wasn’t in the mood to drive and taxi’s don’t accept credit cards this late at night.

“You’re staying, right?”

“Well, my phone just so happened to coincidentally decided to die, and coincidentally taxi cabs don’t take credit cards.”

“Oh, is that right?” Joe laughed and smiled, leaning down towards her.

“I’m sorry. I don’t kiss on a first date.” Autumn placed her hand in front Joe’s lips. It was a lip-block, plus a cock-block. Joe pouted. “Bed time!” Autumn pulled on Joe’s hand, dragging him up the stairs, pushing open his bedroom door.

“You’ve got to be kidding me!” Joe sighed loudly. Storm laid sprawled out on her stomach in Joe’s bed, yet another bottle of alcohol sitting on the bedside table. Autumn couldn’t help but laugh, covering it up with coughs.

“I guess we’re sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight.”

“I’m sleeping in the spare bedroom; you’re sleeping on the couch.” Autumn smirked, running towards the spare bedroom. “But if you happen to get lonely, I suppose you can join me.”

Joe stood in the middle of the hall, watching the door close behind Autumn. He blinked, looking around.

“I’m lonely!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is long overdue, but here it is! It's extra long for the lack of updates. So what do you think of this one? Good? Bad? Average? If there are spelling mistakes, I apologize!

By the way, I have a new story I am slowly going to be working on. It is called Perfect Accident, it is a Joe Jonas fic. However, this story is my main pirority, this story is like my child so the other story will be slowly active.

Make a comment, spread the story :)