Sequel: Meant to Be
Status: Complete <3 Go check out the sequel!

What Once Was, Is No More

Love With A Side Of Guilt

Charlotte dropped her fork onto her plate, making people turn around in their direction, but she kept her gaze on Olivia. She leaned her head forward and eyed her curiously.

“Did I hear you right? Did you just say you’re leaving Jason?” She repeated Olivia.

Olivia nodded her head. “Yeah, I’m going with Brendon back to LA.” She said coolly.

Charlotte shook her head in disapproval. “I don’t know what to tell you anymore, Liv. You seem pretty adamant that this is what you want.” Charlotte answered.

Olivia assuredly nodded her head. “It is what I want. I want to be with Brendon.” Olivia stated as a matter of fact.

Charlotte let out a heavy sigh, shaking her head at Olivia. “If it’s what you want, then who am to stop you. I’ll support whatever you do.” She said placing her hand over Olivia’s and squeezing it comfortingly.

“Thanks Charlotte, that means a lot.” Olivia said smiling.

“So, now that we brushed that aside, can we talk about the wedding?” Charlotte asked.

Olivia laughed a little. “Sure, let’s talk about it.”

Brendon grew tired of the TV shows that were on and decided to pop in a DVD. He squatted in front of the entertainment center rummaging through the movies there. As he looked through them he came upon one titled Abel’s Wedding 2007. Brendon’s curiosity got the best of him and put it in the DVD player. It was the day of Olivia’s brother, Abel’s, wedding. Whoever was recording did not have a steady hand, making the first few seconds a big blur.

“Hehehe…Oops!” The camera suddenly fell, filming the floor.

The person filming picked up the camera and swayed their way to a table with two people who had their heads turned away.

“Look who we have here. The lucky girl who caught the bouquet.”

The girl turned around and revealed herself to be Olivia, a slightly younger version of her. Brendon smiled as she smiled; she looked amazingly beautiful, with her hair loosely curled and little flowers in her hair.

“Hey Charlotte.” She said waving at the camera.

“Since you caught it, Jason…Jason!” Charlotte raised her voice calling his name.

The man next to Olivia turned around to face Charlotte and it was whom Charlotte said it was, his cousin Jason. It had been many, many years since he last saw him, but not much changed about him.

“Yeah, what’s up?” He asked chuckling at Charlotte.

“Olivia caught the bouquet, which means she’s the next to get married. When are you gonna propose?” She asked him.

Olivia’s facial expression froze and she blushed. “Oh my God, Charlotte, shut up!” Olivia turned towards Jason. “I’m so sorry she gets a little…forward when she’s had too much to drink.” She said directing her eyes to the camera.

Jason started to laugh. “It’s okay. I don’t mind. I mean we’ve been going out for a little over a year now and I know I love you; so I don’t think marriage is out of the question. I’d love to marry you someday.” He said kissing her.

Brendon turned off the DVD player and sat back feeling slightly jealous, and to his surprise a tinge of guilt. They both looked so happy in the video, it almost reminded him of the way he and Olivia used to be all those years ago. It was obvious that Jason also loved Olivia; that Brendon couldn’t blame him for; she was everything a guy could want and more.

He couldn’t believe he was starting to feel guilty. Olivia was his first after all and he finally had her back. Brendon stood up to throw away his banana peel and grab a bottle of water from the fridge. After slowly closing the door, he noticed the many pictures being held up by magnets plastered on the fridge door. They were all of Jason and Olivia; kissing, hugging, holding hands, or just staring at each other. He took down one of the pictures and studied it intently; and now she was Jason’s.

“It’ll be a classic Vegas bachelorette party. Don’t you worry Char, I’ve been a maid of honor before, and I know how to throw a party.” Brendon came out of the kitchen to see Charlotte and Olivia walking in the front door.

“I’m trusting you with more than the bachelorette party, ya know.” Charlotte pointed out to Olivia.

“I know, I know.” She said to Charlotte and then looked towards Brendon, smiling at him.

“Hey you two, how was dinner?” Brendon asked as they entered the apartment.

“Enlightening.” Charlotte answered.

“Charlotte.” Brendon said nodding his toward her.

“Brendon.” She said politely.

He smirked and chuckled to himself. “So, you still hate me?” He asked her.

“That depends, are you still a jackass?” She replied with the question.

He nodded his head. “Yeah, I guess you can say I still am.” He replied.

“Then yes, I still hate you.” She answered, smiling a little, but not enough for anyone to notice.

“Charlotte!” Olivia said nudging her in the arm with her elbow.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. “Fine, I don’t hate you, but I definitely don’t like you. Jus-just take care of my cousin, okay?”

Brendon smiled and walked up next to Olivia, putting his arm around her. “I’d never let anything happen to her,” and kissed the side of her head.

They all sat and talked awhile before Charlotte decided it was time for her to go. “I guess…I’ll see you whenever. I don’t do much business in LA, but if I do I’ll definitely let you know. And you better come visit me in Vegas okay?” She told Olivia.

“Okay I will, I promise, a trip to Vegas is long overdue anyways.” She said giving Charlotte a hug. “Bye Char.”

Olivia closed the door and turned around to face Brendon, who had subtly made his way over to her, placing his hands on her waist and smiling down at her. She tried her best to hide her smile, but around Brendon it was a hard accomplishment.

“So, where was it that we last left off?”
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't done this & I should've a long time ago, I want to thank NeverPromiseForever, Miyuh, ShawnieRiot, Taylorrrrr, LindsFoSho, & rivals are insane for the comments =) And thanks to everyone who subscribed!
-9.11.01 a day never forgotten