A Killer In Me Is A Killer In You

Réveil de l'horreur

“Protect me,” he whimpers. “Please!”

Gerard blinks. A thousand thoughts and warnings fly through his head, telling him to get up and walk away before he’s pulled in too deep. Before he, too, can be found guilty of Frank’s crime, by watching it from the sideline, doing nothing.

But he nods. “I’ll try, my hardest. I promise,” he says, keeping it a bit safe for him as well. He’ll try, but if he fails, he won’t be breaking his promise.

“Don’t let the monster inside of me kill you,” Frank keeps whimpering. “I need you, okay?’

Gerard nods again. “I’ll try, I promise.” Frank nods too, as a tear finds its way down his face, dripping of it after a while.

“It’s coming back, Gerard. I can feel it, yet I can’t stop it.”

Hearing this, Gerard shoots up, and he frantically starts collecting the girl’s clothes. Stumbling next to the pair, he tries to push Frank off Anna, as he still lays on top of her, his body refusing to move and free the girl.

Clumsily and as quickly as possible, Gerard dresses the girl. ‘I should have played dress up with Barbie when I was younger,’ he mumbles in his head.

Glancing over to Frank, he knows he doesn’t have much time left.

“Shit,” he mumbles under his breath.
Scooping up the girl, he makes his way out of the restroom, after throwing one last glance at Frank.
He feels bad about leaving his best friend, in such a state, but he realizes very well that the option of staying pretty much doesn’t exist.

Reaching the door, the bar tender stops Gerard by grabbing his arm.

“You still gotta pay dude, you can’t run off like that just to get laid.”

Gerard turns around to look at the man. He pushes the girl into the other man’s arms, grabbing his wallet. He pulls out a fifty as he glances over the bar tender’s shoulder. Panic takes over his body as he sees Frank leave the restroom, too.

“Here, keep the rest. I gotta go!” Gerard says hurriedly as he tears Anna from the man’s arms. As soon as the door falls shut behind him, he starts running as fast as he can, not caring where to.