Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 22

I followed behind him slowly down the porch and out into the humid driveway. When a bike came into view I glared at his back and stopped walking. I couldn't help but notice the way the material of his sweatshirt hugged his back and and defined his muscles. I studied the back of his head instead.

"Why'd you bring your bike?" I questioned

Black stopped in his tracks and turned around and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes. "Here we go."

"Oh I don't know." he started sarcastically as he shrugged his shoulder. "Maybe to get where were going. I think, but I'm not sure."

I bit my lower lip hard to stop myself from screaming out profanities at him. "He's trying to get you mad, just look at him." I glared at him as he stood holding his head up high, his posture confident his hands tucked away in his jean pockets as he smiled a teasing smile at me.I sighed and smiled at him and fluttered my eyelashes at him as I pursed my lips.

"Oh really? Well you know I guess we can carry the parts like the new bumper and headlight covers on our heads! I'm okay with it if you are."I flutter my eyelashes again for effect and didn't forget my sarcastic smile.

Black chuckled at me and I frowned. I was not pleased that he hadn't gotten angry. I shifted my weight on to my left leg and placed my hand on my waist and sighed yet again.

"Listen," he suddenly sounded serious and he took a small step closer to me. My eyes widen as I stared at him for a moment.

"If were going to be working together we have to get along you know? Or we won't get anything done."

"Yeah well if you weren't so stupid." I mumbled shamelessly under my breath as I glanced at the ground. I looked over to see his reaction and he rolled his eyes, I smiled a little.

"Okay Teddy. I actually got all the parts already." he said as he took another step toward me. I noticed a slight trace of annoyance on his face as he stepped toward me again. My eyebrows scrunched together as I squinted at him.

"Why did you do that?"

"Because I knew you didn't get a job yet, and when you did, it would take a while for you to actually get the money saved up. And I actually want my Rabbit fixed up."

I stood there speechless for a moment. Then pressed my teeth together tightly in my mouth. "Well I told you I'd pay half!"

"And I'm saying it's okay because I already have the money!" Black arms flew up in the air as he tried to get his point across. I stared into his brown eyes and gave him a harsh glare.

"You probably didn't even get the right parts." I countered. Black looked up at the sky and held the bridge of his nose. Then he looked at me right in the eye. His eyes flared with an intensity of anger but mostly annoyance. He reached his hands up as if he were going to shake my shoulders but stopped himself.

"I built the car myself." He said through gritted teeth, he was inched toward from my face and it made me feel extremely uncomfortable. But, however I dared him to touch me. I cocked my head at him and smirked. I don't know what I'd do if he did because I wasn't sure I was strong enough but, something inside of me told me I would be able to do what was needed to done.

"Yeah and?" I said as I stepped closer to him. He looked astonished as he searched my face but, he didn't back up. "What makes you think I trust you your insight?"

Black's face flushed and he backed away from me and turned away and began to walk toward his bike. I roll my eyes and cross my arms around my chest and walk toward him.

"Okay-"

"I actually didn't buy the parts yet because I knew you'd go crazy like this...I know a guy and he's got them saved up for me...you know if you want to go look at them." He turned around at the last part to look over at me and gave me a genuine smile.

"Of course I want to go look at them!" I shouted slightly feeling stupid.

"Alright then Princess if you would kindly get on." he said after he gracefully straddling the bike. I walked toward him and he handed me a helmet I quickly put it on and ignored the fact that he wasn't wearing one , then swung my leg over the back. Sad thing was it was much to fast and I found myself falling off the other side of the bike. I let out a shriek of surprise. My arm lashed out looking for some kind of leverage.

"Whoa." I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt Black's fingers around a loop hole of my belt and pull me up. I noticed I had a tight grip on his sweatshirt so I quickly let go. I focused on my aching hand and opened and closed it as I tried to slow my heart. "That was embarrassing." I thought as I realized how hot my face felt, thank god for this helmet.

"Can't drive, can't sit. What a pity." Jacob said loud enough for me to hear. I rolled my eyes and made sure I wasn't close to him. I was use to motorcycles.

"Just drive."
♠ ♠ ♠
Opps it's been a while I apologize!
Comments for new chapter soon!