Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 23

I could barely feel her against me. If it wasn't for her knees lightly brushing against my thighs, I wouldn't have known she was there. My dad had left his car for me to use but I thought going with the bike would get us closer. If i think about how much she dislikes me it would be pretty ironic to have her holding on to me. I grinned to myself as we drove. She was being very quiet and if I listened hard enough I could hear her steady heartbeat over the roar of the engine.
At last minute I decided on a different route. It was a more bumpy road that was under some construction. Basically it would have her holding on to me and I think it would be pretty ironic to have her holding onto be since she dislikes me so much. I decided to warn her first. I looked over my shoulder but kept watch of the road with the corner of my eye.
"This road is a little bumpy, I suggest you hold on."
I turn my head back and focused on the road before me. She hadn't latched on to me like I thought she would. I speed up a fraction of an inch down the road. I notice a pothole ahead so I race toward it and dodge it last minute. Immediately I felt her small hands grip my waist. She mumbled something incoherent about my driving as I continued down the path. "Man I'm going to Hell for this."
I noticed the clouds moving quickly above us and the sky darkening. It was going to rain. It was going to be bad, a storm and it wasn't going to hold out. I decided to pull over so we could discuss our options.
"What are you doing? she said he voice sounding alarmed. I kicked the kickstand and cut the engine and turned my body to look at her. Her face was shielded by my helmet and she looked pretty hot. In a strange kind of way. But, I wanted to see her face. I raised my hand to slide up the front of the helmet. It surprised me when she flinched away from me.
For a moment I stood frozen staring at her through the mask. Her eyes which were confused held wonder not being sure if I could see her or not. My eyebrows furrowed as I continued to stare at her brown eyes and listen to her heart which beat frantically. Her breath coming out in little pants as she fogged up the screen.
"I'm not going to hurt you." I said softly as I placed the pads of my fingers on the cools glass the helmet and slid it up. I looked at her flushed cheeks.
"What do you want do?
She looked up at the sky then at the road before us.
"Maybe we should go back." Even if she said no I would have turned back. I don't want to get her hurt. Obviously little damage would be done to me if we got into an accident, but I can't say the same for the fragile, little, human girl behind me.
"Alright let's get you home." I slide the face of the helmet down again and ignore that she flinched again. My, heart ached at that. It had my mind racing for clues that might lead me to what could have gotten her so scared.
I revved the engine and started back down the road. This was have been a great opportunity to talk to her. Of course I wouldn't press on the subject...I want her to want to tell me. I doubt she'd talk to me thought. Moments later thunder sounded across the sky. At this point I really regretted not taking the car. Teddy's hands tightened on my waist I tensed up a bit but then her hands loosened.
"Is she afraid of thunder?" I sped up a bit incase she was afraid. I reached a streetlight it began to drizzle. I glared at the light trying to urge it to turn green. Another crack of thunder along with lightning decorated the sky and I tensed, Teddy didn't seem bothered by the least. It began to read even harder, quarter sized drops. I ignored the children in the car beside up pointing and laughing.
Teddy sighed and muttered "Fuck my life." under her breath. I surprised a groan as my shoulders sagged. "Nice going Jake, now you'er going to get her sick." The light turned green before I could drown myself in my self pity. We were about 4 minutes away now and with my 'speed racer' driving as my Dad calls it we made it in two.
Teddy was off the bike before I could properly stop it. She removed the helmet and flipped her hair back.
"Thanks dude. For ruining my day, hair and outfit. Very much appreciated." She grinned. My face dropped as I looked at the wet ends of her hair and irritated expression.
""I'm really sorry about this." I said as I took the helmet from her. She avoided my eyes and shrugged. "Next time I'll pick the day we go and provide the vehicle." She glared at me at the last part. I nodded.
"You better get inside." Her eyebrows rose and then she settled for a smirk as she squinted at me.
"Really? You think I get soaked more?" She said with mock enthusiasm. Her just standing here had gotten her soaked. Her hair looked darker from being wet along with her face looking pinker.
"Goodbye Teddy." I said as I rolled my eyes. I watched her turn on her heels as she gave me a backhanded wave. I watched the way her hips swung as she walked and wondered if she did that on purpose. When she was inside and the door closed behind her I started to put the helmet on my head. I felt a vibration from my pocket and I pulled it out despite the fact it was raining cats and dogs out here. It was a text from Bella, asking me if I wanted to come over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow a Monday!
Missing my comments...Don't forget about me! :[