Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 25

Jacob's Point Of View

It's been a few weeks since I've last spoken to Bella. If I wanted to be more specific then I'll say we haven't spoken since I told her I imprinted. I guess it's just taking her a while to realize I'm not infatuated with her anymore. Or the whole "My best friend is an animal" thing finally sunk in. I love her she is still my best friend, she needs me to be there for her since her bloodsucker isn't. I don't think she's using me like the guys say, it's just complicated.She left her shed door open for me as I asked her. I parked my bike in the corner then ran back into the rain with a smile on my face. I miss Teddy. I can't deny that empty feeling even though I was just with her. I loved the time I had with her. Those short moments with her were passing through me like a drug. Her smirk stayed plastered in my brain. She reminded me of a cat. The way her lips curved upwards when she smiled and the way her eyes gleamed when she managed to annoy me.
I knocked on the door and waited. If this is how it feels to imprint. Then I don't mind being a lost puppy. Lighting flashed across the sky when the door began to open. Bella smiled at me then I watched her eyes scan my body. "Wow you're soaked." she moved aside to let me in. "Really I didn't notice. What? I don't get a hug?" I inched toward her she backed into the house with her hands up in surrender. Then she turned and ran "Let me get you a towel!" I watched her proceed to bump into the corner . "Ow." she mumbled as she rubbed her shoulder.
I missed her. I stood on the matt in the doorway in hopes of not flooding the kitchen with rainwater. I heard Bella's footsteps and she soon appeared with a dark blue towel. She handed it to me. Her brown eyes studied me, probably looking for the old Jacob. I'm not sure how many times I'm going to have to tell her that he's gone. I rubbed the towel over my face gently before shaking out my hair. 'Ugh really Jake?" she muttered as she wiped the rain off with the inside of her wrist.
"How are you Bells?" I asked honestly. I studied her face she had dark bags under her eyes and she looked even paler then usual. She shrugged and handed me a a buddle of clothing. "Here. Change." I proceeded to pull of my sweatshirt. Bella gasped and turned away. I rolled my eyes and I pulled the wet material over my head. Then slipped on the shirt, then pulled of my boots and socks. I quickly pulled off my wet jeans with much difficulty for my temperature was making them stick to my skin even worse. Leaving on my wet boxers I pulled on the pants. They were a little tight but I was guessing they were Charlie's.
"You can turn around now." I said as I picked up the the clothes of the floor . Bella took them from me and started out of the room. I followed her silently. "Maybe I shouldn't have come." I followed her up the stairs and into her room and sat on her bed. She placed my wet clothes on the radiator and I watched her carefully.
She sat on the edge of the bed farthest from me. When she didn't speak I turned my gaze to the dream catcher above her pillow and stroked it.
"So Jake, how have you been?" her voice said. I looked at her as she bit her lip tightly and crossed her legs.
"I guess this is a lot to take in. You find out your best friend is a monster then he might be leaving you for some girl. His imprint. What I never wanted." I remember telling her that I didn't want to imprint. I mean that stuff just makes life even harder. I mean look at Paul and I fighting over a girl. I don't see Paul as a threat to me. I see him as a threat to her because he's a dumb ass who can't control his anger. If he does anything to hurt her...
Bella flushed after I spoke. I kind of wished I never said it because now she looked sick. She sucked her lower lip into her mouth and bit down.
"Your not a monster Jacob. You're still my Jacob. Yes, I'm worried about you leaving me...because if you do. What else will I have?" I watched her crumble and instantly felt bad. I quickly pulled her into my lap seeing that as the only right thing to do, sobbed racked through her shaking her ;almost like she was about to phase. I pressed her warm body closer to me.
"Bells, I would never hurt you like that." I ran a hand through her brown hair. "I'm not him." I whispered. "That vamp is really stupid. I wonder what would happen if he ever returned?"
After several long moments Bella pulled herself away from me. I watched her wipe her face. Thunder sounded shaking the house.
"You know I love you right?" Bella said softly
"Yeah I know." I said grinning. "And smile it won't kill you." Bella managed a smile.
"That's my girl." I said moving a strand of hair away out of her face. She rolled her eyes.
"Tell me about her." she said with a genuine smile. She sat in front of me with her legs crossed.
"Well it's pretty complicated..."

Hours passed and I filled Bella in about Teddy. It seemed once I opened my mouth and began talking about her I couldn't shut up.
"She sounds like she can beat me up." Bella said with a smile. "And Paul? she's going out with him? Whoa?" She looked like she was still traumatized from their last encounter.
I frowned. "Yeah I really wish I could kill that bastard." crossing my arms around my chest.
"Aww Jealousy." Bella gushed poking my stomachcompletely oblivious that I was being serious. I rolled my eyes and swatted her away. " This imprinting shit makes me feel like a girl."
"What that suppose to mean!" Bella said jabbing me with her finger.
"Oh nothing." I said smirking while I pushed her away effortlessly.
"Bella!" I heard Charlie's voice from downstairs. We both glanced at the door. "Looks like Charlie's home, and he brought a girl." I said with a wink. "Let's go investigate." I stood and opened the door and waited for Bella. I smelled the air it smelled of Charlie and a strong unfamiliar scent of tulips and apple blossom.
"Hey you better not say anything stupid." Bella said with a warning tone.
"Please Charlie loves me." I said as we entered the kitchen. "A little to much." I shoved her gently. Charlie glanced at us and gave me a look. I merely grinned then turned my attention to the other presence in the room.
She was gorgeous. At first glance I could tell she wasn't from Washington. She wore heels, I noticed mud was caked at the bottom of them. She's obviously not familiar with Fork's weather. She has pale skin almost as pale as Bella's and she wore a black skirt along with a white blouse. She wore a red bra underneath and I couldn't help but notice since it was now visible because of the rain.I'm no girl but I'm pretty sure that that shouldn't be done. Then I looked at her face. She had pouty pink lips. And her eyes there was something weird about them. But it was gone before I could study it. She has long silky brown hair that stop right below her breast. I glanced down at her chest again. "Man, is she some prostitute? Way to fuck up Charlie. You could be a little more subtle about it."
She caught me staring then looked down at her chest. Her eyes went wide then she blushed and slowly brought the suitcase in front of her chest. I tried to remember her eyes again. "Wait, what was I trying to remember?"
"Bella, this is Alex she's an FBI agent she's staying the night because of the storm." Charlie paused and looked over at me. "What are you still doing here Jacob?"
"I guess I lost track of time." I said glancing over at Bella. "How weird would it be if I called her? Really weird. I bet she wouldn't pick up." I looked at Charlie and he shook his head.
"You're staying the night too. No way I'm letting you out in this weather."
I nodded.
"And FBI agent? In Washington? Weird. And this good looking girl gives me the creeps. Although she isn't as gorgeous as Teddy." There's something off about her. Or maybe I'm just over thinking things."
"Why don't you take Alex upstairs to her room?" Charlie says. I glanced over at her and she was looking at me. Actually, checking me out. It's to bad I didn't feel the littlest bit attracted to her.
"Good idea." Bella said "Come on Alex." Bella said from by my side. Alex continued to stare at me as if her name wasn't just called and I continued to stare at her, just for the hell of it. She looked a little young to be an FBI agent too.
"Alex!" Bella said a little more urgently.
"Oh." she said stepping forward. She looked away from me to Bella.
"Thanks again Officer Swan." she said adding a sweet smile.
"It's no problem." Charlie said while removing his jacket. Bella nudged me with her elbow and when I looked at her she gave me a "really?" look. I merely shrugged. Bella started for her room and I let Alex go in front of me. She didn't forget to smirk at me after she passed.
"This is going to be an interesting night." I thought to myself as I started to follow behind Alex.
"Hey, is that my shirt? and my pants?" Charlie asked me suddenly . I turned to look at him and he studied me.
"Yeah I guess." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Sorry when I came by it was already raining pretty hard."
"It's alright son." he said as he removed his belt
"You are on the couch by the way." he said as I turned to leave the room again.
"Yeah I know." I said rolling my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot Woot! Happy New Year! Thought I'd update again.
Comment.
Message Me!
Follow me on twitter! @NessaTeddyBear
ANd Teddy and Kim have a twitter too! Talk to them...they don't bite.
Teddy's Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/TBearCollins
Kim's Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/Ms_KimmyC