Status: Kind of Active.

Please Just Let Me Go

Chapter 7

Adrenaline pumped through my vains as I dived into the rampant water.When I finally did I had a small speck of regret since I wasn't used to this frigid,wet weather. It felt as if a thousand neddles were being pricked into my skin.I swam upward, well what I thought was up and resurfused. I let out a gasp and a squall of wind blew my wet hair out of my face.I wiped at the droplets of water on my face.
"Whoo!" Seth roars from about 5 feet away from me. He pumped his fist in the air.
With all my might I smiled and threw him a "whoo" I quickly wrapped my arms around my self taking a look at how close the shore was. Just as I was about to make my way to land I heard a yell coming form above , with a splash Paul cannonballed himself infront of me. I sighed as I wiped the water out of my eyes with my already wrinkling fingers. I waited for him to resurface after 20 seconds I started to get a vibe that something was wrong. Then I felt a pair of warm hands latch onto my waist. I winced my ribs still slighty sore I jumped...toward the warmth mometaraily placing the hands from my waist to my shoulders. The hands began to rub the back off my bra strap that brought me back to life. I pulled away from him.
"This means nothing Paul." I said in a serious tone as I looked into his brown eyes. Paul over here had a playful smile on his face which I wanted to smack off.
He scoffed as his eyes drift lazily to my chest. I let out a huff as I drew my hand back and slapped him in the head.
"Ow" he responded smiling as he looked me in the eyes.
"Your a pig" I said turning and purposly slapping my wet locks in his face. I dived in and swam, not before I heard Paul call my name. I resurfaced quickly
"Oh yeah asshole go get my shirt." I shout at him as I swam back to shore without hearing his response
I trembled as I made my way to the beach. My shoes felt really wet and squishy inside. Would have been a good idea if I took them off first.
"Teresa" a voice called as I looked to my left at Seth sitting on the sand.
I made my way to him I shivered when I felt the cool breeze blow again. He smiled at me as I sat next to him. His smile dissapeared as he looked down at my body and quickly turned away.
I scoffed. "Oh stick it Seth I'm your cousin." I said as I bumped my shoulder against his.
"Well I don't wanna see this side of you." He put quotations around "that side of you". I let out a laugh. Seth still wasnt looking at me.
"Here." he said as he pulled of his shirt and handed it to me. It was a dark green t - shirt and about 2 sizes to big. I didn't refuse I slipped on the warm t-shirt without hesatation.The shirt felt warm agaisnt my cool skin.
Slowly I watched Paul's shirtless figure emerge infront from the right of me.He came back empty handed
" I couldn't find your shirt" he looked down at my covered chest
"Seth you cock blocker." he shouted just as the words left his mouth Seth's fist collided with Paul's lower stomach. He recoiled as he heaved air. He straitghen as he held his stomach.
A disturbing dark frown was on Seth's face. I smiled. Not once in my life have I ever been stood up for like that. But my smile quickly vanished as I watched Paul's body convulse.Not many seconds past but I felt scared for my life.My heart raced as if I just jumped from the cliff again. I sheet of sweat formed on my forehead as I glanced from Paul to Seth.
Without really thinking I climbed over Seth's body so I was directly infront of him. I got on my tip toes and put my hands on Paul's cheeks. His eyes were wild as his chest heaved up and down as he tried to excape my grip. I forced him to stare me in the eye. I felt a strong tug on my calf.I pulled away from it.
"Paul," I said my voice said shakely. He was breathing cool air into my face.
"Teresa!" Seth shouted
"Paul." I said in a more asserting voice
"Calm down." He closed his eyes and the trembles that racked his body finally stopped. I let my hands fall to my side . It was quiet between all 3 of us for a moment.
"I'm Sorry." Paul managed to stutter out.My hands were shanking when I started to walk away from them.I was glad when no one called out for me.I rubbed at my cold knuckles to try and stop them from shaking.I tried to keep my mind blank but of course I couldn't.A Little flashback kept entering my mind.
"I'm sorry." He would say after he'd hurt me. Then he'd do it again and again.When I got to the door Leah opened before I could get a clip from my pocket to pick the lock.She let me in without another word I climbed the stairs to my room and locked the door behind me.My hand went to my pants pocket and I placed my hand inside. I pulled out a shiny sliver blade. I had promised my mom I wouldn't cut anymore beacause the last time was really bad. Not the whole hospital experience, but when I got home. I got the welcome of a lifetime. With much struggle I pulled of my shoes and wet jeans.My butt was freazing when I sat on the bed. I stared at the the blade not fully sure what to do with it. I sighed heavly when I touched the blade to my skin I could already feel the blade just taking the pain away.I started to press it to my skin.
"So give me reason
To prove me wrong
To wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross
The distance in your eyes
Give me reason
To fill this hole
Connect the space between
Let it fill up to reach the truth and lies
Across this new divide."

Startled I dropped the blade to the ground. It hit he wooden floor with a light thud.
"So give me reason to prove me wrong to wash this mem--"
I quickly snatch the blade up and hid it in my pocket and sererched for my phone in the tangle of sheets.
"Hello?" I said as calmy as possible
"Hello Teddy, How's Washington?" Lucas says coyly
"You little stalker!" I shout into the reciever
"I have my ways, Are you okay you sounded a little weird."
"Oh shut up! How's Texas been without me?" I stalled
"Boring. It's been no fun I need someone to come with me to rob Tanner's store, It's just not the same without you."
"Are you high?" I asked laughing considering all the times I had to drive him home when he'd get in his little situations. Not like he wouldn't do the same for me.
"Eyy maybe just a little." he responded
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes it's been forever! You can blame highschool!
here's a chapter.
Subscribe. Comment.
Thanks to:AshleyxTwilightx