Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Nine.

Friday, April 10th, 2009

Two days. The boys have been gone for only two days, and that was when the girls really, truthfully realized how dull, boring, their lives really were. The rest of the day the boys had left, they went back to their house, cleaned up a little, got groceries, and did normal, everyday life things.

The day after was spent eating ice cream on the couch watching old reruns of their favorite shows, and that was fun for a while. But now it was Friday, and they had absolutely nothing to do.

So, what does Amelia like to do in her free time? “Shopping? You’re making me go shopping with you?”

“Yup, come on, maybe we can get something for the boys,” Amy wiggled her eyebrows.

Sky rolled her eyes, “No, not happening. I’ll go shopping, but I’m not getting any…” She shuddered fakely.

In turn, Amelia rolled her eyes as well. “You know you want to, for Za-ack!” She squealed, running into the other room. Sky looked to where she had been standing with a glare, before getting up out of bed and grabbing some clothes.

It was gonna be a long day.

|~|~|~|

Victoria’s Secret. In another language= hell for Skylar.

When her friend dragged her there against her will, she simply refused to go in. So, she went to the candy store instead. She looked around for a little while, before she heard a giggle from behind her. She turned around, only to see Amelia giggling at something in a corner of the store, two bags in her hand. Sky walked over to Amy, and looked at what she was having a fit over.

Candy lingerie. She should have known.

“Should I get it?”

“This is a candy story, why the hell do they have things like this?”

“It’s in the adult section,” Amelia pointed upwards, and Skylar’s eyes followed, quickly seeing the lazy sign that read, ‘Adult.’

“So, should I get it, or not?”

“Why would you?”

“For whenever Alex visits. You know, just to spice things up,” She giggled again, quickly grabbing three pairs.

“I’ve never understood how those don’t break, I mean, it’s candy.”

“Trust me, it’s not supposed to last long.”

Skylar rolled her eyes; she walked out o the store, and yelled to Amelia that she would be in the music store next door. She walked to the alternative section, looking at Paramore’s new CD, where she heard a gasp. Three girls stood, maybe fifteen or sixteen. “Aren’t you the girl who was hanging out with All Time low on the boardwalk a few days ago?” They looked at each other and giggled.

“Uh, yeah,” She answered unsurely, putting the CD back on the rack and turning to them, arms tightly crossed against her chest, “Why do you want to know?”

“Are you Alex Gaskarth’s new girlfriend?”

“Um, no. Again, why?”

“Well,” She started, pulling out a magazine. She flipped to a page, and held it up to Skylar. “That’s why, it says you guys are expected to be dating or something.”

Sure enough, smack dab in the middle of the page, next to a largish paragraph about the two of them, was a picture of Sky on Alex’s back, her face hidden between his shoulder and neck, and his laughing. Around that one, were four littler pictures on each side of the other. The first picture was them all on the boardwalk, the next was the Crazy Mouse ride picture they had gotten along with the ride, Alex and Jack with both arms slung around the girls’ shoulders, and then the one where Alex and Skylar where embracing at the airport, his singing in here ear made it look like he was whispering sweet nothing. The last one, however, surprised Skylar. It was when they first met. Alex had just helped her up, and their hands were still locked. It looked like they were holding hands.

She brimmed over the article lightly next. It just talked about how she had been seen with the boys all week, getting cozy with Alex. Of course, it said nothing about Amelia. Considering the fact that she was actually his girlfriend. But, that would probably be saved for later. They would make it look like he was cheating on one of the girls with the other. It didn’t really bother her, of course. She knew it wasn’t true.

She handed the magazine back to the girl, “Yeah, that’s bull. We’re just friends.”

“Oh, well, could you give this to him, for me?” She handed Skylar an envelope that read ‘Penelope’ in elegant script across the front. Sky looked at it and the girl strangely. “Don’t open it, he has to.”

“Um, sure, okay. Bye,” She waved and ran out of the store before the girls ask her of anything else strange. When she walked out, she ran into Amelia, walking out of the candy store.

“Did you get anything?”

“No, just some fans got in my way.”

“Fans? Fans of what?”

Sky gave her a look. “Who do you think?”

“Oh! What did they want?”

“They showed me a magazine. Clarification is all they wanted,”

“Clarification on what? What did the magazine say?”

Skylar walked into a nearby pass store, wandering to the weekly magazines section. She pulled a copy of the one the girls had showed her, and handed it to Amelia.

It took Amy about five minutes to read the article, and when she was done, just raised her eyebrows, “So, what kind of clarification did those girls get? You guys look pretty cozy in these pictures.”

“Its bullshit and you know that. Those pictures were just taken at the wrong times, to make it look like something’s going on. Then, in a few days, they’ll release pictures of you and Alex and make it look like he’s cheating on one of us with the other, which is not true.” She tacked on the end when she saw her friend’s face.

“It better not be.”

I’m a sucker for their gossip, man, I take it too far…
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, but, next chapter will bring some hardships for Sky and her family.

Oh, and check out my new story, One In A Million! It's Alex Gaskarth. Good feedback so far.

I'll try to have the next one out soon.