Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Sixteen.

Saturday, April 25th, 2009

It’s had been three days since Alex and Skylar’s kiss, and no one expected a thing. The two of them avoiding each other was completely normal.

Zack had called a few times, and had been fully informed of Skylar’s mother’s battle with cancer. He promised to be there every step of the way.

And today was the day he was coming home. Skylar and Rian were going, seeing as Kara would be coming with Zack on this trip. It truth, Skylar was very excited to meet Kara, for she had heard the kindest things about the girl.

Rian and Skylar made small talk along the way.

“So, you and Zack… you really like him?” Rian began as they pulled out of the driveway.

She smiled lightly, “Yeah, I really do. He’s great. Why?”

He sighed loudly, “Alex might have let it slip, about what you two did….”

Damn it all. “I… it wasn’t… we didn’t… I don’t like-” She was stuttering.

Rian laughed, “It’s fine. He explained. And when I say it’s fine, I don’t mean I’m happy about it. I’m not, at all. But I still understand the state you were in, and I understand you needed someone. Again, that doesn’t mean it was okay to do, but as long as you don’t do anything like it again… I can’t really blame you. But I do want you to watch out for Alex. It’s not that he’s not to be trusted, and he’s a great guy, but he’s had his eye on you ever since the concert. I don’t think it’s anything other than pure lust, but still. When he wants something, he’ll do anything to get it. And I just wanted you to know that if you need anyone to talk to, I’m always here.” He smiled, showing his bright piano-key teeth.

“Thank you Rian, it means a lot.”

“You’re welcome.”

That was the end of conversation for the most part.

|~|~|~|

Zack told Rian to wait outside in the van, right outside the airport, and that he could get both him and Kara’s bags himself. They hadn’t packed much.

They chatted about the songs on the radio until Skylar saw a familiar blond walking out of the airport, followed by a pretty brunette who looked to be about 5’4. Rian pulled up as close as he could get and rolled down Skylar’s window, so she could shout a quick, “Zack!”

Zack’s face pulled into a smile upon seeing Skylar’s face. Sky saw the brunette, who must’ve been Kara, turn to Zack with a smile and say something. Skylar turned to face Rian, “Is that her?”

Rian nodded, “Yeah, that’s her.” He pulled up to the curb to park, and got out of the car. Rian opened the back, and Sky got in to move things around, to make room for both the bags and people in the seats. When she got out, Rian was already greeting the pair, who had set down their bags. Sky looked over to Zack, whose eyes captured hers while Rian and Kara embraced. Zack walked over to her, practically picking her up, and crashing his lips to hers. Her hand immediately went to his hair, and she felt a pain of guilt. They kissed for a few more seconds before parting, resting their foreheads against one another’s.

“Hi,” Sky breathed.

“Hey,” He laughed, looking at his girlfriend’s flustered face.

She pulled away, and turned to the other couple who had just parted, and were now looking at her. The brunette stepped forwards, “Hey, I’m Kara. And I’m guessing that you’re Skylar, I’ve heard so much about you.” She held her hand out, which Skylar shook, introducing herself.

When all the bags and such were put away, they all piled in, Zack and Sky in the back, Kara and Rian in front. As they chatted, and laughed, not once did Alex cross Skylar’s mind.

|~|~|~|

The four of them were welcomed back into the hotel by Taylor and Jack, seeing as Nicole had gone home to check up on the family. After all introductions, Jack spoke, “Alex and Amelia are fighting. Third time today. We’re not getting in the middle of it.” He chuckled.

“They’ve fought three times today?” Rian wondered out loud.

“Yeah, and then they storm off in different directions for a little while, they’ll accidentally bump into each other, and they’re off again. Sorry to say, but Alex had gone into your bathroom, in search for your toothpaste, and Amelia was looking for a top of Skylar’s, and they might’ve, kinda, done it on your bed. Make-up sex on the worst one. Guess that’s how they handle it.” He directed towards the drummer, whose mouth was now hanging open, along with Kara’s.

“What about ours?” Zack asked.

Taylor laughed, “No, you and Skylar are in the clear. It might smell in the room, but still. You guys are pretty lucky, comparing to Rian and Kara.”

“Thanks,” Rian said, rolling his eyes.

Just then, Amelia barged out of the hotel, face red, with her and Skylar’s bags trailing behind her. Sky was quick to run up to her, trying to help her friend as she fell over herself in a vain attempt to keep all the bags upright. “Amy, Am, listen to me, what’s going on?”

Amelia stuffed their bags into the backseat of her car, before turning to Skylar, tears streaming down her face, “We broke up! He’s an ass, and I tr-tried to tell him I lov-loved him, and he just, he put me down! We fought. We’ve been fighting about the sma-smallest things lately! And I thought if he knew I loved him…”

Sky was quick to bring her crying friend into a tight embrace. “Hun, I’m sorry, he’s an ass. Do you wanna go home?” Stupid question.

“What do you think?” Amy retorted sharply.

“Sorry, sorry, sorry,” She responded, raising her hands in surrender. “Did you grab Taylor’s bags?”

“I was gonna go get them in a second, I’m not Superwoman.” Amelia snapped. Sky rolled her eyes; she hated Amy in this mood.

“I’ll go get them, the last thing we need is you running back into him.” She grumbled, turning around and stomping back into the hotel. Taylor clicked her tongue at the pair of them. Whenever Amelia was in a shitty mood, Skylar was soon to follow, and vice versa.

Skylar came back out of the hotel less than thirty seconds later, walked right up to Zack, put her hand in his back pocket, and fished around until found the room key, stomping back inside. The group laughed at Zack’s bewildered expression, while in the meantime; Sky was making her way up the stairs, the elevator being much too slow for her liking. She walked to the room, entering the card, and yanked the door open, walking strait into Alex as he was walking by. His arms instantly wound around her waist, helping her not to fall. “Hey, you.” He laughed lightly.

“You broke up with Amelia.” Blunt.

He looked at her, confused. “What? No, she broke up with me. But she only did because she knew I was about to break up with her.”

“Because she scared you with the ‘I love you thing’, or do you have a better reason?” She attempted crossing her arms, realizing she couldn’t because of his. She rolled her eyes.

“What ‘I love you’ thing?” His eyebrows crinkled together, he still didn’t understand.

“What do you mean what ‘I love you’ thing? You know, the reason you broke up.”

“She never told me she loved me,” It was her turn to be utterly confused. “I was going to break up with her because all she wanted from me was sex.”

“Like that’s a problem to you.”

“It may not seem like it, but sometimes, I’d actually like to just sit. Like, talk, or watch a movie.” He moved his hands from her, gesturing to nothing in order to make his point.

“Really? Strange thing that I don’t believe you,” She was in a pissy mood, he noted.

“No, I’m being 100% serious. It’s also because she has absolutely no faith in me, and she’s clingy as hell. So, she told you it’s because she told me she loved me? Or what?”

“She’s saying that she confessed her love to you, and you shot her down, being the ass you are.” She shushed Alex when she saw his mouth open, he rolled his eyes and fetched a water bottle from the fridge, grabbing another and handing it to her. “Thanks, anyways, she says you guys are fighting a whole lot and shit. But I have a question,” She began as she struggled to open the water bottle. Alex chuckled and gently pried it from her hands, twisting the lid himself, before taking a large sip, and handing it back to her. “Ew, really Alex?” She whined.

“You weren’t complaining the other day.”

Her face blushed deep scarlet, “Shut up, Gaskarth.”

He laughed, “So, what was your question?”

“What was with the make-up sex in Rian’s bed, if you were tired of it all?”

“I’m still a guy. But, I was also humoring her. I felt kinda guilty. I mean, it was probably… the worst fight we had. It was a he said, she said kinda thing, and I might’ve said something that I regret.”

“Nice job, asshole.”

“Thanks.”

“Anyways, I need to get going, grab Taylor’s bags.”

“Why? Is Taylor going home?”

“Yeah, we all are. All us girls. Amelia’s orders.”

“Ah, okay, I can help. She has a few bags.” He followed her into the room, where he proceeded to take

“Thanks,” She said once they were in the elevator. Taylor had packed two large bags, seeing as she had gone to a few friends’ houses as well.

“No problem.” He decided not to go further than the elevator, Amelia probably wouldn’t like that.

Just as Sky gathered the bags and was about to walk out of the elevator, a hand stopped her, she turned. “Yes?”

“You- you believe me, right? I mean, that she never told me she loved me. I’m not that big a dick.”

She hesitated. “Yeah, Alex. I believe you.”

He smiled, before dipping his head, pecking her cheek quickly, before lightly pushing her out the door, chuckling.

“Thanks, Gaskarth.”

“Anytime, DeMoir.”

I got your picture, I’m coming with you…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, who here thinks that Alex is full of shit? And who thinks it's Amelia instead? Comment and tell me!

Anyone just soaking up sweet Alex?
I think I'm in love <3

Favorite part? Mine's:
Skylar came back out of the hotel less than thirty seconds later, walked right up to Zack, put her hand in his back pocket, and fished around until found the room key, stomping back inside. The group laughed at Zack’s bewildered expression, while in the meantime; Sky was making her way up the stairs, the elevator being much too slow for her liking. She walked to the room, entering the card, and yanked the door open, walking strait into Alex as he was walking by. His arms instantly wound around her waist, helping her not to fall. “Hey, you.” He laughed lightly.

I think it has a good balance of Alex and Zack. ;)

Thanks to:
chewy...
Nicholeioli
rivals are insane
ShutUpChristine
imXstillXfalling6
Got Dynamite
Say Hey!
xXswiperXx
Molly Makeout
brianna7x
LittlePixieResa

11 again! ;)

Story Of The Post:
Living In Fear.
It's a slash, and if you like them, I highly suggest it. I personally love the idea, and think it's adorable, and the two authors of it are both amazing writers, who I also suggest.

Check out my two new co-writes, both All Time Low:
Love Wrecked.
and
Take Me Back.

Thank you!
Comments= Date and a treat for Skylar ;)
Ash.