Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Seventeen.

Saturday, April 25th, 2009

“We should go on a date.” Zack said while she was loading Taylor’s bags into the trunk.

“What kind of date?” He just blinked at her. She sighed, “I mean, where? Do I need to change?” Skylar asked.

He looked her up and down. “No, we’ll probably just drive around until something comes to us.” He smiled. “You want me to pick you up when I get things settled down here?”

“Sure. I’ll see you later.” She pecked his lips before she got in, him shutting her door behind her.

The drive back to the apartment was quiet the air full of Amelia’s sadness and hostility.

“I believe Alex.” Skylar was the first one to speak, about ten minutes into the drive.

Amy looked over at her in the passenger seat. “What do you mean, you ‘believe Alex’?”

“I believe that you lied, that you never really told him you loved him.”

Amelia’s voice turned icy. “You believe the asshole who only wants in your pants over your best friend?”

Sky didn’t hesitate to nod, “Yeah, yeah I do.”

“Why?”

“It makes more sense. You used to tell me you didn’t even believe in love.”

“I changed.”

“Maybe he did too.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I’m not sure I can trust you about this. I’m not taking sides, just voicing my opinion.”

“Whatever.”

The rest of the ride was silent.

|~|~|~|

Zack came and picked her up a few hours later; reassuring her once again that what she was wearing was fine. They were driving out of the apartment complex when a familiar song came on, both of them singing the words.

I think I’ve walked too close to love,
And now I’m falling in.
There’s so many things this weary soul can't take,
Maybe you just caught me by surprise.
The first time that I looked into your eyes

There's a life inside of me
That I can feel again
It's the only thing that takes me
Where I’ve never been
I don't care if I lost everything that I have known
It don't matter where I lay my head tonight
Your arms feel like home
Feel like home

This life ain’t the fairy tale we both thought it would be
But I can see your smiling face as it's staring back at me
I know we both see these changes now
I know we both understand somehow

There's a life inside of me
That I can feel again
It's the only thing that takes me
Where I’ve never been
I don't care if I lost everything that I have known
It don't matter where I lay my head tonight
Your arms feel like home
They feel like home
(hold on, you're home to me)

There's a life inside of me
That I can feel again
It's the only thing that takes me
Where I’ve never been
I don't care if i lost everything that i have known
It don't matter where I lay my head tonight
Your arms feel like home
They feel like home.


Skylar laid her head on the passenger seat, out of breath from the singing. She smiled, to her, the song represented something that she felt her and Zack could have one day, if she tried hard enough, and let him in. Her smile widened as she looked down at their intertwined fingers sitting in the space between them.

“You like Three Doors Down?” Skylar asked.

“Eh, some of their songs aren’t so bad. That one’s probably my favorite of theirs.” He smiled at her. She bit her lip as a blush came to her cheeks. She looked out the window, face away from him, and saw the perfect thing to do.

“There!” She yelled, pointing.

He looked over in that direction, his curious expression quickly turning into one of amusement and surprise. “You… you want… you want a tattoo?” He babbled.

“Yeah, I’ve been thinking about one for a while. So why not?” She shrugged.

“You sure?” He asked as he turned into a different lane in order to get to the small building.

“Yes, I’m sure. I’m a big girl, can make my own decisions,” She smiled as she settled back into her seat.

“Decision, decisions, hmm…” He laughed as he looked over at her.

“Shut up, Zachary.” She shoved his shoulder playfully.

“You first, Skylar.” He knocked her shoulder with his as they waited at a red light.

When they pulled into the parking lot, Zack spoke again, “You are aware that this will hurt, right?”

“I’ve gotten a tattoo before, Zack.”

“You have a tattoo?” He asked in disbelief.

“Yeah,” She said, raising the left of her shirt up, right under her bust, where the small tattoo sat. “Eighteenth birthday. I was drunk, and my friends thought I should do it.”

“It’s cute,” He said, tracing the small heart with his index finger. He then pulled back, and they both exited the car. “I’m paying, hope you know that.”

“No! You’re not.”

He grabbed her waist, pulling her closer to him, “I have every right. Think of it… as an early birthday gift.” He whispered in her ear.

She gasped, “How did you find out? You guys weren’t supposed to now!”

“Amelia. Did you really think she would miss out on the chance for a party? Don’t you know her better than that? She is your best friend…” He laughed.

“Not so much anymore.” Sky muttered.

“What happened?” Zack asked as he opened the parlor door for her.

“We fought. About Alex.”

“Why?”

“I told her the truth: that I believed him over her about the reason they broke up.”

“I’m not sure about who I believe. I mean, they both sound pretty reasonable.” He scratched the back of his neck.

“I think the facts tell the truth. She doesn’t even believe in real love.”

“Ah, makes sense.”

“Exactly.” They closed that subject again. In fact, they didn’t really speak to each other again, until she was actually on the table, with her shirt done, getting the tattoo on her lower back. It was a little higher than what some people would call a ‘tramp stamp’, but not too high up. His fingers once again were attached to her first tattoo, running along it lightly when he could.

When it was finally finished, paid for, and Skylar had been told once again how to take care of it, they left, satisfied. They decided they were hungry, and after searching for a quick fast food joint to dine at, they settled for Wendy’s, something Skylar had been craving for the past week.

“So, what are planning tomorrow?” Skylar asked once they were seated with their food.

“What do you mean?” He asked, playing innocent.

“You haven’t stopped texting for the past two hours, you seemed very eager to get me out today, and you mumble when you read your texts, I don’t know if you mean to or not, but I heard the words ‘Skylar’s birthday surprise’. So, what are you planning?” She smiled when his smirk faltered in her knowledge.

He leaned his chair back on its heels and raised his hands, as if in surrender. “I’m not telling you a thing. Sorry, try again next time.” His smirk came back.

“Bitch,” Sky said playfully, crossing her arms.

“Dick,” Zack retorted, the same tone in his voice. They looked at each other a few seconds before letting the chuckles escape from their lips.

On the way back to Sky’s house, Skylar decided she didn’t feel like facing Amelia’s wrath, and Zack offered to drop by her place, and pick up a few things, so she could stay at the hotel with him again that night, she agreed it may be better, also sensing that he wanted her there with him. When they got to her house, Amelia ignored them completely, with the exception of shooting dirty looks at the pair. They left quickly.

Finally, they pulled up at the hotel, walking into an empty space. Jack had taken Alex out on what he called his ‘break-up make-up’, whereabouts unknown, while Rian and Kara had rented another room, wanting not to be disturbed during their ‘reunion’.

Both being extremely tired, they changed into their sleepwear, deciding to sleep in Jack’s bed, seeing as his was the biggest, and a twin bed for the two of them was a little tight.

They slipped into the nice size bed, Skylar very careful of her new tattoo. “Hey,” He whispered once they got situated in each other’s arms.

“Hi,” She giggled. “How are you?” She lightly traced her fingers over his tattoos, and down to his stomach, making him shiver lightly.

“Currently, I’m feeling perfect.”

“Well, that’s good.”

“How are you?” He asked as her fingers teased him, going lower before coming back up.

“Well, there is one thing I want…” She trailed off, kissing his bare chest lightly.

“And what would that be?”

She sighed before shifting up, pressing her lips to his and straddling him. His hands instantly went to her hips, and she got strait to the point, grinding her hips with his, making him moan. As soon as the sound graced his lips, she got off, plopping back down to where she was beside him, cuddling into his side.

He glared slightly at her, “You wanted to make me moan? Are you serious?” He asked, bewildered.

“No, I wanted that.” She pointed towards the slight bulge in his pants. “Goodnight,” She said before turning the light off, and slowly slipped into unconsciousness.

Hips swaying, lips lie…
♠ ♠ ♠
*Song: Your Arms Feel Like Home by Three Doors Down. I own nothing.
Aw! Some Sky and Zack time <3
But I'm serious when I say this, I think everyone will have a big change of heart in the next chapter for 'Lex ;)
Favorite part?
Mine:
“What kind of date?” He just blinked at her. She sighed, “I mean, where? Do I need to change?” Skylar asked.
and
“I changed.”
“Maybe he did too.”

The last one because I think it shows she's coming to trust Alex a bit more.

Thanks to:
imXstillXfalling6
jadeeee
violeteyes
ShutUpChristine
brianna7x
rivals are insane
Got Dynamite
xXswiperXx

8 comments! :)

Anyways, I'm not going to post a story of the post for this one, because I'm not even sure that you guys read it. Tell me if you do?

Skylar's first tattoo, right below her bust line.
Skylar's new tattoo, on her back.
The reason for her new one may be revealed soon ;)

I have the next chapter written and the one after that about halfway done. I will not post today, as I don't like posting two in a day, but I will tomorrow. I may post both tomorrow, because the next chapter [[the Alex one]] is very, very short.

Comments= A look inside Alex's mind.
Thanks!
Ash.