Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Twenty-Three.

Sunday, May 3rd, 2009

Days passed, and Skylar still wasn’t feeling up to date. Tired, worn, always sleeping, her friends were worried about her. It had gotten to a point where she never wanted to go anywhere, and she was constantly having nightmares. She never ate, never smiled, and always seemed to be in pain.

“We have a solution!” Jack announced when she finally got up to go to the kitchen the Sunday morning which the boys were scheduled to leave.

“And what’d that be?”

“Fun!” Nicole yelled, coming up behind Jack. “The eight of us are going out today to have some fun before the boys leave, and you’re one of those eight!” She smiled.

“I’m not going,” Skylar said, monotone.

“Yes, you are. Even if we have to carry you,” Jack said, leaning on the counter next to her.

“Exactly,” Spoke Zack, joining in on the kitchen conversation, and leaning down to give Skylar a kiss on the temple.

Sky sighed, knowing at this point she had no choice in the matter. What are we doing?

“I wanna go junk out,” Jack.

“Mini golf!” Nicole.

“Bowling,” Smiled Alex, who walked in with Rian and Kara.

“Main Event had all those things, doesn’t it?” Zack asked.

“Yeah,” Kara spoke up. “And it’s got an arcade, too. It’d be a fun goodbye party. I’m not really in the mood to get drunk.”

Everyone’s heads nodded in silent agreement.

“Great, then it’s a plan. Want me to call them and get it set up?” Nicole asked, already reaching for the phone. Her shirt and short shorts moved up from the movement.

“Well, before you do anything, I suggest you put some more clothes on,” strained out Jack, giving her his signature smirk.

Everyone else giggled as they watched Nicole’s face turn red.

|~|~|~|

As the morning grew on, everyone moved towards getting ready for Main Event. They were set for noon, and the boys had to leave by nine. They had all afternoon to say their goodbyes.

Everyone piled into the van, Rian driving. The half hour drive to the nearest Main Event was filled with belting out the wrong lyrics to old, horrible songs, and cracking the best dick jokes of all time.

Skylar seemed happy enough. Sure, she wasn’t exactly as thrilled like everyone else (excluding Taylor), but she seemed to be content to get out of the hotel.

“What are we gonna do first?” Jack asked, excited as they parked.

“Well, I say we start with the lamest and work ourselves up.” Nicole put in, looking at a Main Event brochure.

Alex leaned over to get a better look at it, and then smiled. “I say we start with mini golf.”

Nicole looked offended, “It’s not the lamest!”

“Uh, yeah, it is. We stand around pushing balls into holes.”

“That’s what she said.” Skylar put in, simply. They all stared at her. She hadn’t said much on the trip there, let alone make a joke. “What are you guys staring at?”

“Nothing,” everyone chorused.

This was going to be a strange day.

|~|~|~|

Everyone sucked at mini golf. Everyone except Nicole, it seemed.

“I am the champ!” She concluded when they walked out of the arena. “No offence, but ya’ll kinda sucked.”

“I know! I didn’t know it would be so hard!” Jack exclaimed, mad that he couldn’t beat her.

“Don’t pout. It doesn’t suite you,” Alex snapped, pissed off for the same reason. The boys were both very competitive people when it came to little things like this, especially when girls were fit into the equation.

“You are both sore losers, get over it,” giggled Kara, who found it hilarious that they were actually mad. Of course, it didn’t help that Nicole was dancing around them, skipping and yelling, “I beat you, I beat you!”

“What’s next?” Asked Rian, who was trying to stop from laughing at his band mates’ behavior.

“Bowling, because we’ve already laser tagged recently, and then we can get something to eat before we head back.” Kara concluded.

“Agreed,”

Bowling was probably not the wisest choice. It turned out that Nicole, Taylor, and Skylar had played very few times in their life, and someone got hurt every time they were up. When Zach tried to show Skylar how to position the ball right, he somehow got racked. Then for shits and giggles, Nicole did the same to Jack on purpose.

“Can we go home now?” Jack whined as they headed back to the car after grabbing some McDonald’s.

Rian checked his watch and sighed. “Looks like we have to, anyways. We have nearly three hours before our plane leaves.”

Kara frowned then, looking back at the girls. “I’m gonna miss you three so much.”

Taylor smiled, “We’ll miss you, too. You’ve all been a great help to us.”

“What the hell are we doing? You guys sound like you’re saying goodbye now! We’ve still got three hours left!” Alex yelled, wailing his arms up and down and jumping to the car.

“He’s right, let’s make the most of it.” Zack agreed, throwing his arm around Skylar’s shoulders.

When they all climbed into the van, Skylar got a call from Amelia. “Hey,” She answered, avoiding the eyes on her.

“Hey, what time are the boys leaving again?”

“Um, they have to be at the airport by nine, so we’ll probably leave a little while before that. Why?”

“You guys are heading back here afterwards, right? You’re not staying at the hotel?”

“No, why would we? Taylor and dad are moving into a hotel room for a few days while they go apartment hunting, though. Why do you ask?”

“What time do you think you’ll be back?” Amelia ignored Sky’s question.

“Oh, uh, probably somewhere from nine-thirty to ten. Why?”

“We’re having a girl’s night when you get back. Me and you. ‘Kay?”

“Oo-kay, but Amel-” The line went dead. Amelia had hung up. Skylar stared at her phone in confusion for a few second, wondering why Amy had a sudden change of attitude before putting it back in her pocket.

“Who was that?” Alex asked from behind her in one of the back seats.

“Amelia. She’s planning some sort of girls’ night for us I guess.”

“Why would she do that?”

“No clue. It’s Amelia, and I’ve never bothered to try and understand her random and strange actions before, so why start now? It’s her choice she’s not here with us now, anyways.”

“Good riddance,” Alex muttered, and that shut off the conversation.

***

“Aw, I’m gonna miss you guys soo much! We’ll have to stay in touch, okay?” Kara sniffled, close to tears as she hugged the girls she would be leaving behind. “I’ll come before the guys do, for sure.”

“I sure hope so,” Nicole said, and everyone agreed.

Next were the boys. Jack came up to Skylar first and gave her one of his awkward, but very comfortable, hugs, telling her how he would miss his Sy-Sy. Rian came up and, like always, was calm and collective and apologized for Jack’s behavior, even though it wasn’t needed. He promised to be down as soon as possible. They weren’t making a stop in NC this tour.

Next was Zack, he swooped her up in a bear hug and swung her around. As he set her down, he crashed his lips to hers like it was the last kiss they’re ever share. Her fingers wound up in his hair as his lips moved accordingly against hers. When they parted, both were panting hard and smirked at each other. “Guess I’ll see you in three months, eh?” Skylar sighed.

“Less than,” Zack whispered. “See you in my dreams?”

Skylar giggled, “You know it.”

With that, Zack hugged her once more and got into the van, for the girls had decided to just part with them at the hotel.

Alex was the last one. He walked up to her with the infamous smirk. “What do you want, Gaskarth?” She asked, crossing her arms.

His smirk didn’t fade. “Ooh, harsh. But I can tell after that kiss you guys just shared, my goodbye won’t be as epic, so I decided to just do the one thing I thought I should.”

“And what is that?” He was going to apologize; he was going to apologize…

“Well, I’m not gonna apologize…” Ouch. “…but that’s just because I don’t think I have anything to apologize for. If I do remember correctly, both times you forced yourself on me. I’m the one who stopped it both times because I knew that you’d regret it. No matter how much I wanted to e selfish and just let it happen, I didn’t. Because I knew that you wouldn’t be happy.”

Skylar was shocked, and a little mad at herself. He was 100% right. He did absolutely nothing wrong. Well, he was an ass, but he saved her twice from doing worst. From cheating on Zachary, even when he wanted her to. She felt tears coming, she had been so emotional lately with everything going on, and she had been such a bitch. She threw her arms around Alex and squeezed him as hard as she could, willing him to understand how sorry she was. He held her, letting her calm down so that the tears didn’t fall. The more she thought about it, the more she saw how perfect Alex was for this. He always comforted her, so well. Skylar stepped back a few moments later, smiled at Alex, and turned before walking over to Amelia’s car, which had picked them up.

Things would go back to normal.

This real life, just isn’t right, let’s fabricate…
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow.. just wow.
Hi there.
It's been, what? Nine months.
Wow.
Urm, so I've been working on this for a while. I actually yesterday just reread the entire story to write this. I'll probably lose a lot of subscribers for this, but I deserve it.
Are any of you interested anymore? I am. It's summer now so I have endless time to update. I'll be updating everything a lot. I've updated a bunch of stories since I've seen you last, and I've even made a new story only on wattpad. You can find my wattpad account here.
Uhm, as you all probably know, today (for me anyways) is June 7th, and the release of All Time Low's new album, Dirty Work. I didn't even plan it out, but I just happened to finish this finally on the day of the release xD So what's your favorite songs on the album? Mine's Heroes and Guts and Under a Paper Moon.
I wanted to get it out on June 7th to kinda celebrate, and it seems I have... 8minutes left until June 7th is officially over where I am(: That's why this isn't edited...
ANYWAYS(:
I hope you all enjoy, and I'll be getting back on schedule.
Love you all, Ash.
Get Dirty, Do Work. Dirty Work.