Sequel: Mockingbird.

Not So Jasey Rae.

Two.

Saturday, April 4th, 2009

Skylar moaned as her friend dragged her out of bed with a smug smile on her face. If only she had gone to college early, she wouldn’t have to deal with this. Two nineteen year-old girls’ living together was bound to be trouble. She would be leaving for next year. She wanted to be a photographer.

“Sky, get up! We promised your parents we’d go and see them. It’s called responsibilities! You have them, so get your lazy ass up!” When she had finally gotten Skylar out, she did a little happy dance before running to the kitchen to make breakfast for the two of them.

Skylar walked lazily over to her dresser, pulling out a simple outfit for the day before going to the bathroom to get ready.

Meanwhile, Amy put the mini-pancakes into the microwave; their definition of ‘making breakfast’.

Afterwards, she decided to get her things from last night. When they had gotten in it had been about eleven, and they had been busy all day. So naturally they had been very, very, tired. Their stuff had been deserted and thrown to the floor beside the bed carelessly.

Amelia looked for her CD, it was their new one and she hadn’t heard it yet. When she came among one of the two in the seemingly endless pit of a bag she opened it and flipped the booklet to where Alex had signed, to see whose it was. When she saw where, or rather what he had signed, she squealed.

Skylar, having just got out of the shower, heard the squeal and rushed out of the bath room with a toothbrush in her mouth to see what the fuss was about. She raised an eyebrow at her friend when she saw it wasn’t serious.

“How come you didn’t tell me that Alex Gaskarth gave you his number?!?” She practically screamed.

Skylar didn’t quite know how to react so she motioned for her friend to wait while she rinsed her mouth out. When she could speak, she said, “Now, where exactly did he give me his number?” She walked over to her friend. Surprisingly, there, right under the “To Skyler, love Alex,” was, in an equally messy scrawl, ten digits, his phone number.

But instead of responding to the fact that she had received the phone number of someone that her best friend obviously admired, she said, “He spelt my name wrong.”

Amelia scoffed, and turned to look at her friend, “Who gives a damn if he spelt your name wrong? He gave you his phone number!” She locked her gaze back on the number. She was obsessed.

“Well, I won’t be calling him anytime soon, why don’t you?” She said, brushing her hair out strait.

“Noooo!” Amelia whined, “He gave you his number, so that means…” Amelia motioned with her hands for her friend to continue the sentence.

Skylar grumbled, “He wants me to call him, right. Here, give me the damn number.” She walked over to the phone, dialing the number quickly. She didn’t expect him to answer, so, when she heard a ‘Hello?’ erupt from the other line, she was surprised to say in the least; truth be told, she hadn’t even expected it to be his real number. “Alex? It’s Skylar from last night.” She sighed, before an idea came to her.

“Oh, hey. I’m surprised you called, you didn’t seem to like me last night…” He grumbled the last part, obviously not happy about it.

“Yeah, and to tell you the truth, I still don’t like you.” She looked over at Amelia, who was shocked and glaring at her slightly. “But that’s not what I’m calling to tell you. Actually, my friend from last night, Amelia, you remember her, right?”

“Yeah,”

“Well, she wanted me to call you, probably to talk to you herself, so here she is.” She shoved the phone into Amelia’s hands, before returning to the bathroom. She didn’t want, or care to deal with Alex Gaskarth, so why not let her friend?

She heard giggling erupt from the other room.

“Sure… sure. So, six? Okay, we’ll meet you guys there. Okay, bye.” Amelia hung the phone up and skipped out to the living room to meet her friend.

“We’re going on a double date tonight.”

|~|~|~|

“Sky, are you ready? It’s time to go! We have to meet them at Andy’s Diner! It’s ten minutes away!” Skylar sighed and looked towards the door, where her friend was. She looked back at the mirror before nodding. Amelia had picked out both of their outfits and was pretty pleased with herself. She knew exactly what Skylar liked, and was happy to see that her friend liked it.

Sky grabbed her bag before they walked out the door, heading to the diner.

|~|~|~|

They entered the nice-sized diner with Amy feeling nervous, and Sky bored. Skylar quickly spotted Alex sitting in the corner booth with a cute blond, laughing and talking animatedly, both of them wearing rather large sunglasses, probably a vain attempt to hide from fans. Sky nudged her friend, nodding her heads towards the boys. Amelia’s entire face turned up at the site of him as she bounced over happily. Once Alex caught site of the girls, he stood up, looking them both over quickly, before opening his arms in invitation to Amelia. An invitation she quickly took, and as they hugged, Sky noticed how low Mr. Gaskarth’s hands traveled.

When they separated, Alex looked to Sky, invitation still standing. “I’ll pass,” She muttered wrinkling her nose, making the blond boy laugh. Up close she saw how good looking the ‘boy’ really was. No, he wasn’t a boy, he was a man, unlike Gaskarth. Let’s face it, the dude was fit. And his tattoos and nose ring just made his seem all the more sexy.

He stood up, holding his hand out towards her, “You must be Skylar, Alex has told me all about you.” He smirked, looking over at a blushing Alex. Nameless boy continued, “No, he was just surprised that there was at least on girl that could resist his ‘boyish charm’.” He made hand quotes.

“’Boyish’ is right,” She muttered, succeeding in making two out of the three laugh. Guess which one wasn’t.

“You seem cool, I like you. Anyways, I’m Zack Merrick, one of Alex’s saner friends. And by the way the two of them are feeling each other up, I’m gonna guess that you were the one that was brought to be my date.” Sky looked over at her friends who were in fact making out and feeling each other up shamelessly. She laughed lightly and shook her head. He smiled at her, and Skylar couldn’t help but smile back.

I’m gonna break down these walls, I built around myself…
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
This picture made me laugh. Their faces are all so funny.
So, I have two comments, help?