Ruby

12: Kaori

The smell of bacon wakes me up so I open my eyes and stare at him, next to me. My digital clock mark 7:57 am.

“Shit I’m late” I whisper hardly jumping out of bed. While I search for my clothing, he laughs softly while pressing a piece of bacon in his palm.

“Get out of here, I need to get dressed for school” I yell without looking at him.

“Today is Sunday” he says firmly offering me the piece of compressed bacon which I deny.

“Freak, stalker, creep!” I yell at him hard at the same time I try to hurt him throwing a black stiletto with all my strength. Jasper laughs at my failed attempt.

“Eat your food crazy Korean chick! Is going to get cold” he tells me trying to joke, even is he is mad at my aggressive reaction. I obey shyly and sit in my bed to eat. Pancakes with maple syrup, scrambled eggs and bacon accompanied with a big cup of orange juice.

“Did you make this for me?” I question with my mouth full of breakfast.

“I poured orange juice in the cup” Jasper answers proudly, smiling as I roll my eyes. Like a statue he stays staring at me eating my morning food.

“Can I ask you something?” Jasper question slowly showing his shy side. I agree eating the last bite. He remains silent for a few seconds.

“Do you like me?” He asks serious, in a volume so low it could count as a whisper. His eyes on the floor as he questions then he search for the answer in my eyes. I swallow roughly the last bite and drink rapidly the juice, giving me the time to think.

“You don’t need to answer me now, it’s fine” He interrupts me when I’m about to speak and before I can speak again he leaves with the tray, leaving me alone. I run in my pajamas to his room but he is not there. He is not downstairs or in the kitchen or in the house. I run to my room to prepare for my morning routine. I decide not to turn the heater on so the cold water in my faces calms me down.

Searching throw the television channels I find the perfect movie to watch, Edward Scissorhands. Minutes later someone knocks at the door and I open it.

“Kaori” A woman says deeply in shock as if she has seen a ghost. I turn my head to the left in confusion. Esme is next to me now, welcoming the strangers.

“Kaori, I am your mother’s sister” My aunt says holding my shoulders.

“That’s great!” Esme joyfully opinions.

“My name is Ruby” I murmur angrily.

“No dear your name is Yamamoto Kaori” The woman informs me. The name trembles in my ears. All I can do is run to Rosalie’s room but it’s locked, maybe she saying goodbye to Emmett. I lock myself in my bedroom pissed off, confused and annoyed. I sit on something hard in my bed, Jasper left his music player. I turn it on to find something relaxing to hear, music is divided in years. I pick a song randomly and laugh second later to see Valentine’s Polka, a song from 1853. As the door is being knocked I turn the music player and place it under my pillow.

“You are going home” Esme says in a sad tone hugging me when I open the door.

“What? Why? I don’t want to!” I try to explain to Esme.

“I talk with Aya and she is right, she is your blood family and… you are better with her” Esme replies slowly pushing her words out of her mouth with pain.

“No, I am better with you!” I scream crying in her shoulder. She rubs my back softly. It doesn’t take long when the women shows up.

“Pack your stuff, we are living” She tells me in monotony.

“Nothing is mine! They all cared for me when you were in the other part of the world” I yell to the strange women.

“Watashi wo nabiku” The woman orders me in Japanese. Somehow I manage to understand her words.

“Please Ruby, I mean Kaori don’t make this difficult, I’ll help you pack all your stuff” Esme whispers. If vampires could cry, she would be flooding right now. For Esme’s sake I obey the woman as she requested before.

“I want to pack my stuff alone, so go downstairs or go away and pick me up later” I manage to say calmly. The woman leaves and I lock the door to hug Esme.

“Where’s Jasper?” I ask Esme as she brings Rosalie’s luggage.

“He already left with Emmett” Esme tell me in the time she opens the luggage in top of my bed. Consequently we start filling the leather luggage with my belongings. At the end Esme organizes the four pieces of luggage in the floor.

Because of airport mistakes I end up in a different plane, far away for the woman. Sitting in my place, traveling to Japan, I think in a few things that pissed me off. Leaving without saying goodbye to my family, specially Jasper, Rosalie and Emmett. Particularly after Jasper’s unanswered question. I turn the iPod and play in shuffle. Minutes later I start crying subsequently turning the music player off.

“ Maybe it’s because the kiss you gave me touched my heart and went right through. I can’t tell you why I only know that I fell helplessly in love with you. Maybe it’s because the song we dance to, told the story old and new. I can’t figure out just by came about or how I fell in love with you. I could say or …” Maybe it’s because by Judy Garland & Bing Crosby, 1949.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally! I finish this chapter. Comment and Subscribe