Ruby

6: Working for a Car

I wake up and look around, as usual. This time I look at my drawer full of underwear. I take a black simple bra and pink panty. I open the closet and it’s full of clothing and shoe boxes. I pick a light blue jean, a beige long-sleeve blouse and multi-color low heel shoes. I comb my hair in a low ponytail and fix my bed. I unlock the door and Rosalie is waiting for me.

“I’m going to the bathroom” I say to her. She doesn’t move a single centimeter. When I get out, dress and fresh I enter her room. She finally moves and enters too. She does my make up and we both go downstairs. This is my morning routine.

I go to the kitchen to have breakfast. Esme is waiting for me with a plate with a good looking sandwich.

“It’s an Italian panini” Bella says while cutting some fruits. Esme hands me the plate with the Italian panini, some fruits and two oatmeal cookies.

“Do you like coffee?” Bella asks me. I agree with my head. She hands me a cup. Even if she is a human like me, it makes me feel like everybody in the house just waits for me to pass the time. Esme cooking, Rosalie’s makeup… I don’t know how to react to, I just follow.

When I’m done with my breakfast, Bella takes my dishes to clean them.

“I can do it myself, don’t bother” I say politely. Bella smiles with the plates in hand.

“Let her do it. Do you want another cup of coffee?” Esme says to me. I disagree and go upstairs. I smell fresh paint and look around. I enter my room and Emmett is there, painting white stripes to my blue drawer.

“What are you doing?” I ask Emmett.

“Finishing your room. It looks too plain” He says. I raise my eyebrow and go away.

“Hey! Come back!” He yells at me. I sneak my head trough the door.

“Work if you want your car” He says. I stick my tongue out at him like a little girl. I go downstairs. Jasper is reading a book. I think for a moment.

“Hey Casper, are you doing something?” I say trying not to laugh. He looks at me slowly.

“I am reading a book” He says.

“What are you reading?” I ask him. He shows me the cover of the book.

“Oh the type of old boring one. OK” I say turning around, I feel sad.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to say that” I say feeling sad. He laughs closing his book. I feel me again.

“That is not fair! I told you to never do that to me!” I say angrily at him. He laughs louder.

“Can you tell me your story?” I say randomly, I know if I ignore his laughing he will stop. I sit next to him. He stops breathing.

“Before I start, you have to see for yourself” He says serious, taking his jacket out. He is full of bite scars. Even if it’s shocking I have to do my job, so I scream my lungs out and jump behind the sofa. He opens his eyes wide.

“It’s ok! Come back and let me tell you” He says calmly. I shake my head in disagreement with a scared face. He smiles and waits for me. I take a deep breath and sit next to him. When he looks at me I stand up and sit far away.

“I was born in 1843 in Texas..”

“Wow your old” I interrupt. He ignores me.

“I faked my age to join the Army” He says and I interrupt again.

“That sure sounds fancy” I say in a hillbilly tone. His smile fades and his face hardens

“One night…”

“Are you afraid of the dark?” I ask him randomly. He says no with his head.

“Do you sleep with a night light?” I ask randomly again. He cleans his teeth with air in his tongue. I gulp.

“If you interrupt me, ever again…” he says without finishing his sentence. There is silence for a moment.

“Yes sir” I say placing my hand militarily in my forehead. He smirks at me looking deep into my eyes. I look away.

“As I was saying, one night I stop to three Mexican ladies and they started talking about me. They were vampires, they were the ones who bite me” He explains, I wait for his silence so I don’t get bitten too.

“It most feels sad” I say to him. He looks at me confused.

“That three women raped you” I assure.

“They didn’t rape me!” He yells at me. I pet his shoulder.

“Whatever you say” I say with a sad face. He stands up and before he goes away I try to stop him. He turns back and hisses at me. I scream, this time truly scared. Before I end up my scream, Edward and Emmett are next to him, holding him.

“Go to your room” Emmett yells at me scared. I obey and run away for my life. Before I lock the door, somebody knocks it.

“Shit” I think.

“Is me, Rosalie” She says. I open quickly and close the door. Rosalie looks angry.

“Why do you listen to Emmett?” She asks me angrily. I look at her confused. It’s her husband after all.

“He got your life in danger. You got your life in danger! He could have killed you Ruby!” Rosalie says waiting for an answer.

“I didn’t think it that way. I thought it was fun” I say to her. She looks at me and then smiles.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you think this is funny, COMMENT. If you like my story SUBSCRIBE!