Ruby

9: Preparing

I open my eyes and he is next to me. I run away but he catches me then I feel light-headed.

“If you keep it like this you will fall downstairs and die” Jasper says to me almost father-like. I go back to my crib as he is behind me. Afterward he gives me some flowers and a piece of wood. “Sorry you are too stubborn” I read loud, smiling. He sits close to me.

“I don’t think I got all the blood out yet” I warn him but he shrug his shoulders, then I look away shyly.

“Do you know that movie, Edward scissorhands?” I ask him with my eyes away from him. He rolls his eyes and smiles.

“If he was blonde, or you had black hair, you guys could be twins!” I say at him laughing. His happiness goes away.

“Are you working with Emmett? What is he giving you?” He asks me. By surprise my heart start beating nine times per second, I start sweating and my head is feeling tight.

“Look, I think I’m going away. Forget it, is a joke. I don’t want to kill you from a heart attack you weird human” He insults me leaving the room. Again I find myself accompanied by a vampire, this time Rosalie.

“Hey, Carlisle told me got a space in school so you better buy your things. We already graduated. School starts in two days you know… Why do you smell like blood?” Rosalie questions.

“I scratched my stitches” I murmur. She rolls her eyes grabbing my arm and walking me away to her car. On our way to the mall, Non c’e from Laura Pausini is on her radio.

‘Why did Jasper got discouraged when I emphasized he looked like Edward Scissorhands” I ask Rosalie confused. She laughs in that way it makes me think of Emmett.

“When the movie was released, Emmett said the same and for almost a year he called Jasper “Scissorhands” until it wasn’t funny anymore” Rosalie explains. Later for a long moment only the music was heard.

The day passes by notebooks, pencils, backpacks and “proper for school” clothing as Rosalie said.

Rosalie parks in a restaurant and we enter.

“Do you know this could be considered the restaurant of Edward and Bella’s first date” Rosalie says smiling. I look around, smiling, surprised as we sit. The waitress gives us both a menu and a bowl of bread. I ask for spaghetti and Rosalie for a fancy stuff I can’t pronounce. Minutes later the waitress comes back with our food and goes away. Rosalie takes my spaghetti and hands me the fancy plate.

“If you are going to be my friend I can’t let you eat this stuff. Now eat this instead” She tells me.

“Italian restaurant, spaghetti” I compare, she nods.

“Italian restaurant with cheap person, spaghetti. Italian restaurant with Rosalie Hale, Tagliatelle Al Salmone” She smiles. I roll my eyes and take the plate. When I finish eating Rosalie takes her golden magic card that pays for everything and hands it to the waitress. I stare at the plate, thoughtful.

“Can I ask you something?” Rosalie asks me. I agree and look at her golden eyes.

“Do you like Jasper?” She throws the question as a war bomb, her voice firm but softly. I blush hardly, my cheeks about to explode like a grenade. She giggles.

“Please don’t tell him” I beg her.

“Trust me, nobody has to tell him” Rosalie assures

“He knows?” I ask Rosalie terrified at the thought.

“What I mean is that is obvious the love between you both. Jasper may seem all, but he is very shy” Rosalie explains getting up, picking up the magic card from the waitress’s hand. I follow her, after all I don’t want to stay here and never return to my house. On our way home we don’t speak much. I step directly to my room, carefully put my school stuff in the closet and fall asleep with my shoes on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry my post are so slow, I am going to move to Florida (I live in Puerto Rico) and is not easy. Are you from Orlando FL? TELL ME!
Comment and Subscribe!