Status: Posting.

Never Too Late

Introductions

After living in Forks, Washington for 2 years, my family decided to move. Again.
Eugene, Oregon. That`s where we`re moving. Good thing though, that we got a house near the woods. Umpqua National Forest, to be exact. And South Umpqua High School is my new school.
Like Forks, it`s also just a small city. So I wouldn`t be surprised if everyone knew everyone.
After hours of traveling, we finally arrived at the house. It was huge, fully furnished and has three-stories. On the first floor, was the living room, a 'session room' and the kitchen. On the second floor were the bedrooms. Each has their own bathrooms. And on the third, was the terrace. It can be called as 'rooftop' since it has pretty much nothing in it. Or maybe even a balcony. Whatever.

* * *

Our doorbell rang and our parents answered the door.

"Hey, you have any idea who those are?" Nathan asked me in a whisper.
"The Cullens. Emmett is the big guy, Rosalie is the blonde one, Jasper is the one who looks pained, the pixie-like is Alice, and . . . the bronze-haired guy is Edward." I whispered back to him.

"Alyssa, Nathan, they`re the Cullens." Maegan and Vernon said introducing them to us.
"Nice to meet you." Nathan and I said.
"All of us are vampires too, except for Alyssa. She`s a human." Explained our parents.
"Don`t worry, we don`t feed on humans." Carlisle said.

Then they left to the kitchen with Esme and talked to Maegan and Vernon privately. So, the five children were left with us in the living room.

"So, which school are you guys going to?" asked Emmett.
"Well, only Alyssa goes to school. I already work." said Nathan.
"I`m going to South Umpqua High School. I`m a senior." I answered.
"Well, that`s good. Edward, Jasper and Alice are seniors too. Same school too." Rosalie said smiling.
"I have an idea! We can all go to school together tomorrow! What do you think, Alyssa?" Alice asked with a big grin on her face.
"Sounds like a plan." I smiled back.

* * *

I went to school with the Cullens a bit too early, and we didn`t have anything to do. Alice and Jasper wandered around the school together, then left Edward and I. I sat on the steps and so did he. I was looking at the ground all the time until he spoke.

"Alyssa?" His velvety voice came which made me snap my head up and look at him.
"Sorry if I startled you. I`m Edward Cullen. I`m sorry if we didn`t get to speak last night." He said with a crooked smile.
"Oh, um, it`s alright. Alyssa Johnson. You can call me Aly." I said smiling back at him.
"Are Vernon and Maegan your real parents?" He asked.
"Not really. Carlisle and Esme are your foster parents, right?"
"Yes. How did you know?" He looked surprised.
"Hmm . . . Just a lucky guess." I said then winked at him.
He looked at me and his reaction changed. He looked like he was thinking. Thinking hard. Of what? Of what I really am. But I swear he wouldn`t know what I am. I wouldn`t let him. Well at least, not yet.
"I can`t read your mind." He said in a low voice.
"I knew it. You`re a mind reader." I said smirking.
"Okay, you know what? Stop it. Stop that." He said looking confused and surprised at the same time.
"Stop confusing you? Or stop surprising you?" I asked giving him my own crooked smile.
"You`re doing it again! Stop it! Both." He replied.
"Let`s talk about something else, then." I told him.
"Okay, how old are you?"
"17. You?" I asked with curiosity.
"Same. 17." He answered.
"Nice eye color." I smiled at him.
"Don`t worry I`m not thirsty. Let`s go get our schedule. People are starting to arrive." He said and stood up.

I stood up too and went with him to get our schedule. Turns out we have almost all classes together, except for Math and Gym. While students were piling in the school, Edward and I just talked about random things, getting to know each other. But not talking about his 'secret'. We headed to our first class as the bell rang.

* * *

We met up with Alice and Jasper at lunch and sat at the same table. They bought their food and I just grabbed an apple. Of course, their food`s only for props. I got to know all three of them more and recognized that they were all amazingly beautiful. I wasn`t surprised by this, of course. Vampires are supposed to be god-like. I found out that Alice can see the future, but her visions aren`t permanent. And Jasper has the ability to calm anyone. And well, of course, Edward can read minds.

"Why won`t you tell us what you really are, Alyssa?" Edward aked in a whisper.

I looked around us. The cafeteria was still crowded. But I`m still not ready to tell them my own secret. And with what Edward asked me, Alice and Jasper looked confused. I guess they didn`t notice.

"I`m a human. Nothing special." I answered calmly.
"Edward, what`s wrong? Alyssa looks and smells completely human. What made you think that she was something more?" Alice questioned him.
"I don`t know. I just feel like she`s something more." He answered, starting to be a bit angry.
"Now, Edward, calm down. I`m sure she`ll tell you sooner or later if she`s really something else." Jasper said, trying to calm Edward. And successfully, he did. Way to go Jasper!

* * *

School ended. Nothing was really interesting. Same thing, boring. We all went home. I finished my homework. I decided to come over at the Cullens`. I was half-way there when I felt the need to go into the woods. I felt my eyes go pitch black from dark brown. And then I knew it. I was thirsty.
♠ ♠ ♠
First part. I hope I did this right this time. :)
her outfit for school