Take My ***ing Hand

Pocketless Pants And Mind Readers

"Wakey wakey Ryro." My eyes fluttered open at the annoying voice in my ear, and I was face to face with you-know-who. I guess I must have fallen back asleep after not getting up because I was so comfortable. But now I was cold and uncomfortable. I was no longer wrapped in his warm,strong, comforting, embrace.  

"What did you call me?" I grumbled sitting up. 

"What? Are you def now? I said 'Ryro.'" He said flicking something at me. I was too tired to care. 

"Well don't. I don't like it." I grumbled further. 

"Then why would I stop?"

"It doesn't even make any sense anyway." 

"Yes it does. 'Ry' as in 'Ryan' and 'ro' as is 'Ross'. You're a lot dumber then you look Ryro." Great. He's a morning person.  

I hate morning people. 

"Brendon. Shut. Up." I said each word slowly like I was talking to an idiot. A satisfied smirk grew on his face. "Wipe that smirk off before I do it for you. Painfully." I growled. 

"Aww. Someones not a morning person." he said in a mock little kids voice. I sent him a death glare that said nothing more then "Shut your fucking mouth ass hole before I do so forcefully." 

"Look, I was thinking-" he started. But I interrupted him. 

"That's a new one." I smirked at his glare and he continued.

"Anyway... I was thinking maybe we should just stay here." he mumbled. 

I looked at him confused. "What?" I questioned. 

"Its just, for one, we have no idea where we are, or where were going. And by now they've got to have notice that were missing, and won't it be easier for them to find us if we stay in one place?" I didn't respond at first. I was shocked by the fact that he was actually making sense, and was actually saying something that wasn't part of a complaint, or an attempt at making me miserable. 

"Uh, what about food and water? We still have to find a water source, and it's already day two." I countered. 

He looked thoughtful for a split second. 

"Well there's got to be some sort of spring around here somewhere right?" he offered. 

I have to admit, it was kind of weird having an actual conversation with him. One with no name calling, or tackling to the ground... 

"Well, maybe we should continue moving until we find a water source, then settle down there." I offered back. 

He grimaced, but agreed nonetheless. You could tell he was just a pansy who didn't want to hike any further because he couldn't handle the wilderness. It was amusing to think that I was actually tougher then urie when it came to dealing with…anything not related to being a whore. 

"Well we should get going." I said stretching my arms and getting to my feet. He was still sitting across from me, so he looked up at me. 

"Why? We just woke up. And what's the difference between leaving now and later? It's not like we have to be anywhere." he said. 

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm starving and dehydrated. I need some food and water A.S.A.P. " I mumbled as I grabbed my camera and the water bottle. "Now quit being a lazy ass and get moving before I leave you here."

He grumbled a few unintelligible curses before getting up and storming out of the shelter. I rolled my eyes before following.

~*~

We hiked aimlessly for hours. Both of us were tired and twice as bitchy due to the tiredness. At one point, we came to a spot that stopped the bitching completely. Covering the forest floor, in between the trees and ferns was nothing but garbage. Crushed soda cans, broken beer bottles, candy and fast food wrappers, plastic bags, even what looked to be an old hood to a car. 

We both stopped and looked at each other. We knew we were far from civilization, and yet all the way out here, tainting the forest were the remains of careless human consumption and waste. 

I grabbed hold of my camera, and snapped a picture of the scene before me. 

"Sad isn't it?" I mumbled.

Brendon was silent for a second before speaking. 

"Do you think this means were close?" he asked. 

"No closer then we were before." I mumbled. I began to walk towards the piles of trash. "There might be something here we can use." I said scanning the forest floor. Brendon followed behind silently. Nothing here seemed useful. It was all candy wrappers and useless broken crap. 

"Wait." Brendon stopped and bent over, picking something up. I did not look at his ass.Yes I did. He held in his hand a lighter. My eyes widened when I saw it. 

"Do you think it still-" I was cut off by a clicking noise and a flame appearing in front of my face. We both smiled hugely at the smallest bit of good luck we've had since the whole accident began.

~*~

"I can't believe it!" he exclaimed ecstatic about his finding. "I am so BOSS!" he exclaimed clicking it on and off. I quickly grabbed it from him and shoved it in my pocket. "Hey!" he protested. "I found it first! Give it back bitch!" He nearly tackled me to the ground in order to get the lighter back. 

"Br… Bren… BRENDON! STOP!" I said pushing him off. He stool back and held out his hand expectantly. 

"Give me the lighter." he demanded. 

"Brendon," I started catching my breath. "first off, I don't need you playing with the thing and using however much of the gas that's left in here so that it doesn't work later on when we need it. Second, I'm just going to keep it in my pocket so it doesn't get lost. It's not my fault you decided to wear pocketless pants the day we get stranded in the middle of the forest." I argued.

"Yeah, because I always plan my outfits according to which life dangering event might take place that day." he grumbled crossing his arms over his chest and walking ahead. His shirt still only covered only about half of his torso, which with his weird pocketless tight pants, made him look like he was headed for a gay bar in San Francisco.

I smirked at the thought and followed after him. 

~*~

About an hour of hiking through the woods later, I stopped dead in my tracks. 

"What are you doing?"  he questioned. I shushed him. 

"Ry-"

"SHHHH" I interrupted again. "Do you hear that?"

"Water." It wasn't a question, it was a statement. I nodded slowly before shooting off in the direction where the sound was coming from. I looked back and noticed Brendon was running the other way.            

"What are you doing?!" I called. He stopped and turned around looking confused. "Its this way!" I said pointing in the direction I had been running. 

"But I thought- ugh, fine." He turned and began running towards me.

I continued to run towards the sound, and finally, there it was. Right in front of me was a small spring that seemed to make it's way down from the top of a steep hill, running down from different rocks positioned on it. It ran past us and disappeared somewhere off in the distance passed some trees.

"Oh my god." I exhaled a sigh if relief before kneeling down, cupping the water in my hands and taking a drink of the refreshing spring water. It's been nearly twenty four hours since I last had water, and I felt like dying. 

I heard Brendon kneel down next to me and do the same. I feel like today had been a fairly good day despite the fact we were still hungry and lost. 

~*~

By dark we had managed to build a decent sized "camp fire". At this point, I was hungry beyond belief. I took out my candy bar and began nibbling on it, hoping to make it last as long as possible. 

Once I finished about one third of it I wrapped it up and stuffed it back in my pocket. 

Silence. 

There was no sound but the crackling of the fire that was strangely hypnotizing. 

I became lost in my thoughts.

That's always dangerous. 

When I get lost in my thoughts, daydreams form. Day dreams that may revolve around a certain dream that was had a previous night. A certain dream that should never cross y mind ever again. 

But does. 

Okay, so maybe if he wasn't a whore, if he wasn't so annoying, and if I didn't hate his guts like he hates mine, I might consider it.

I mean he is incredibly good looking. 

Not that I'd ever tell him that. Or anyone else. 

"Hey Ryan?" 

"Hmmm?" I answered. 

"Whatchya thinkin' about?" he asked. 

"What does it matter to you?" I came back with. It's times like this I'm glad he can't read minds. 

"It doesn't. The silence is just getting to me. I guess I could just antagonize or throw things at you instead." he suggested. 

"No, no, I'm just thinking about… my family." I lied. 

Again, so glad he's not a mind reader. I'd never hear the end of it. 

       
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. I am so sorry this took so long. I suck. I know. Anyway, yeah, I kinda let my hippie side shine through a little bit. Sadly, there are places (around here) where you find trash in the middle of the forest. Far from any civilization. :/

So, yeah I know it's going kind of slow, but things will get exciting soon. I promise. :)