Status: School has started, so updates may be a bit slow<3

It's Not Faith

Four

Matt paced up and down the hardwood floors of his living room. He wasn't sure what to think. Leila had tears in her eyes when came up, that's for sure. But, It was a hard transition for her.
Fuck He though as he paced up and down. He picked up the phone and called Val.

Leila paced up and down her half unpacked bedroom. She had unpacked her books, her laptop, her shoes. Clothes were scattered on her bed and in her new dresser. Three shiny metal blades were on the floor, nicely in a line. She was unsure. She couldn't cut herself in her new house, could she? While her father was sitting downstairs? She let out a sigh, and sat on the floor. Picking up a razor blade, she help in her tears.

Matt got off the phone with Val. She was going to come over in a while, and make then all dinner. They guys would come over later. Matt was still feeling uneasy. There was a sense of dread and guilt lying somewhere inside of him. He didn't like the feeling. It would be difficult for him to have Leila live with him, he was, after all, a twenty-six year old man, who's job was to perform. How would he deal with her boyfriends? Or what about if she fails a class? Oh Lord, what about her..periods? Matt shuddered, but let out a laugh in the empty room. His laugh was met with the rhyme of someone walking down the stairs.

Leila was soon standing in from of him, wearing a sweater. Even in his air conditioned house, he felt hot just looking at her.
"Aren't you hot?" She shook her head.
"I'm always cold."
Matt sat down on the couch, and motioned for her to follow.
"So Vals gonna come over, okay?"
She nodded. Silence crept in between them, and Matt was desperate to keep it away.
"Your social worker says you love English.."
Leila nodded.
"Yeah, I'm good at writing. Not so great at math." She let out a sad laugh.
Matt smiled.
"I was never good with math either. I failed grade eleven math twice."
Leila laughed at her father, and moved closer to him. Matt was confused, until she leaned her body against his.
This is probably the closest thing I will get to cuddling with my daughter.
Leila sighed.
"Whats on your mind Hun?" Matt asked.
"You. Her. Me. This."
Matt nodded.
"It's hard. One minute I'm so happy to see you. Then next I want to punch you in the face, then I want to cry."
Matt nodded.
"It's a rough transition."
"Speaking of punching people,You're social worker said you got expelled for punching a girl out."

Leila laughed, and nodded.
Matt shook his head.
"No more of that, okay?"
"Can't guarantee that, Ma-uhm, Dad." She said.
The doorbell rung, interrupting the silence.
"That's Val!" Matt cried, and got up. Leila trailed behind him, nervous.
♠ ♠ ♠
i dont really like this one.
let me know what you think.