Status: Inactive: Sorry guys, a lot of busy stuff going on right now :/ but I promise You'll have an update sometime this week!

Meet your new friend

Chapter 5

Frank’s POV ~

A lot of things have been on my mind lately. School, making friends, a job, and.. That girl. That strange twisted girl who’s apparently living in my attic. She claims she’s dead. But I think she’s just crazy.

I went downstairs and found my mom talking to a lady with bright blonde hair, and heavy lipstick on.

“Oh, Frank. This is Donna. And this is Gerard,” She said pointing to the guy with the long black hair. “And this is Mikey.” She said pointing to the boy with glasses sitting next to Gerard. I nodded at them.

“Frank, why don’t you show Gerard and Mikey your room?” My mom suggested.

I rolled my eyes. Usually when my mom wanted me out of the room with company over, she was usually talking about me. But whatever. I went upstairs and they followed.

I walked straight over to my bedroom door, pushed it open, and led them inside.

“So uh.. I’ve never really had to entertain guests before.” I shrugged. “So what are you guys like?” I asked. Wow, Frank. What an odd question.

“Well, I like to draw. And I like music. That’s pretty much it.” Gerard said.

“I like music, and I play the bass.” said Mikey.

Okay then.. They were the shy type. There’s one thing we have in common.

“What kind of music do you guys like?” I said, leading them over to my Cds by my radio.
When I didn’t get a reply, I looked over to Gerard who was looking through all of them.

“Well… It looks like we like the same music. If that answers your question.” Said Mikey, joining in with Gerard.

I smirked and walked over to my fouton and turned it into a couch, and sat down. I grabbed my guitar from behind it and started strumming.

“You play?” Mikey asked.

“Yea, just a little. I’m not that good though. But I’m learning.” I said.

“Oh yea? We’ll have to play together sometime.” Mikey smiled.

“Psssh, whatever Mikes. You suck at your Bass.” Gerard said as he sat by me.

“Hey shut the hell up Gerard! I’m better than you.” He said, joining us.

Gerard didn’t say anything after that. I guess Mikey’s better than Gerard then.

We sat in silence for a long while. With no sound but my guitar.

“So .. Uh… “ I picked up the old newspaper from behind my bed and showed them. “What do you guys know about … this family?”

Immediately after I asked the question, Gerard stood up and left.

“What’s wrong with him?” I asked Mikey.

He sighed. “Well.. You see that girl in the picture?” He pointed to the familiar face of the ghost girl.

“Yea..” I said.

“Well.. Her and Gerard were like.. Best friends. When she moved here, her and Gerard bonded like that.” He snapped his fingers.

“Gerard.. He kinda had a thing for her. But he never got to tell her how he felt. He figured it would freak her out and she wouldn’t talk to him ever again. After all, they’ve been best friends for 6 years. She moved here with her parents when she was 11. Gerard was 12. They were in the same grade together. They met in Art class. Their project was to build a clay sculpture of any 3-D shape they wanted. She couldn’t figure it out, but Gerard helped her. And they’ve been buds ever since.

“Gerard was really her only friend. He was the only one with the same interests as her. Art, music, comics, and everything else. She even dyed her hair for him when she was 13. Gerard’s favorite colors are black and blue, you see. So she died her hair completely black, and had one blue streak going down the side. And she kept it that way for a long time. I think that’s when Gerard fell for her. The fact that she went and changed her appearance just for him. It made him think that someone cared for him.

“Why wouldn’t anyone care for him?” I asked.

“Gerard.. He was like Becky. He didn’t really click with anyone before her. They would always make fun of him for listening to different music, and always running away at recess and drawing in his sketch pad. And our dad never paid him much attention either. Once, Gerard drew him a picture of me and him. He even had it framed. But dad didn’t do anything about it. He just took it,
Layed it on the table, and used it for a coaster. Eventually the glass broke, and dad burned it.
After that, Gerard lost all hope in dad. He doesn’t even consider him his father anymore.

“But Becky.. You could tell she felt the same way about Gerard. They way they looked at each other, and acted around each other. They would always flirt, but never admit to it.” He smiled.

“Were you friends with her?” I asked

“Me and Becky? Well.. We weren’t like her and Gerard, but we were close.”

“Mikey, we’re leaving.” Said Gerard from the doorway.

“Well.. Talk to you later, Frank.” He said as they left.

I waited till I saw them walk back to their house then I ran to the attic.