Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Love in the Way

I looked up at the clock once more. It was 2:57, three more minutes until I got my freedom back. Three more minutes of torture. I could already here Professor Carmichael telling us we could leave only to add at the last minute that we were going to have a quiz about the useless things he droned on and on about today. I counted the seconds as they passed I felt a piece of paper hit at the side of my head. I looked to the side and saw Tyler moving his hands in an attempt to tell me to open the letter. I rolled my eyes as I opened the letter. You’d think that after high school no one passed letters anymore, apparently not.

What you doing later? Wanna hang out? I looked back at Tyler who shrugged his shoulders then looked back down at the paper. Sorry can’t,have plans with John later. Passing it back to him I grabbed my stuff and ran out. Finally I was free.

I found John waiting for me in the parking lot. My face instantly lit up only for it to falter seconds later when I see Mimi, his blonde bimbo girlfriend. Jeez, I haven’t seen my best friend in so long and the first day we have the chance to meet he has to take her. Don’t get me wrong it’s not like I have a crush on John or anything. It’s just whenever I see Mimi I just get really annoyed seeing her flaunt her boobs around and whine and whine about everything. But I guess that’s life for ya.

“JOHN!!” I scream hugging him tight.

“Hey Tori!” He says laughing. “Man I’ve missed you”

“John, it’s hot can we get out of here now?” Mimi whined pulling John away from me.

“Right, sure babe come” he says taking her hand. I groaned inwardly.

Walking into the house, I screamed “Mom, I’m home. John’s staying for dinner, if that’s ok?”

My mom walked out of the kitchen. “Sure hun. John how are you dear? We haven’t seen in you in awhile?”

John chuckled before saying “Yea I’ve been busy with touring and stuff. It’s great to be back home though.”

We talked a bit more with my mom and then we went up to my room.

“Soooo….” John said lying down on my bed.

“Sooo, what?” I asked pushing him to the side so I could sit next to him.

“Well, you seemed quiet earlier, I was just wondering if something was wrong” he told me propping himself on his elbows.

“ No, nothing is up” he looked at me with raised eyebrows. I sighed before starting again. “Ok, it’s just I haven’t seen you since you came to visit me at Julliard for my birthday with the band and the first day I have time to see you, you take Mimi!! I just wanted it to be us 2, you know best friends chilling.”

“Sorry Tor” he sighed “I wanted to hang out with you alone too. But Mimi wanted to spend the day. I promise we’ll hang out another day just us two, alright?”

I nodded my head. I know I sound like a baby or like I have a crush on my best friend but it’s not like that at all. John and I have know each other since we were 2. He was with me when I had my appendix removed and I was with him when he had his tonsils removed. We’ve been together for everything. We’ve never been away from each other for longer than 2 months at a time. But lately we see each other less and less what with him being in the band and me being miles away in Julliard. Coming home this summer I was stoked to be able to just hang out with y friends but the day after I arrive home my parents tell me that I need to take some courses for a few weeks this summer just incase things don’t work out, so much for the vote of confidence.

John and I talked a bit more just before dinner then we watched a movie with the twins Matt and Morgan my siblings. Then he left knowing I had tog ready for another day at the dump my parents are making me take the classes.The only good thing about the school is Tyler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Love in the Way by this century
This is my first story. Tell me what you think.
Comments would be great!