Status: Coming back

Right Girl

Girls do what they want

It’s been a week since I started my classes. Thank goodness it’s only a 2 week course. But with teachers like mine it may as well have been a full year. Thankfully Tyler is in all of my classes so we pass the time passing notes or texting each other.

Right after our last class, we decided to go get some ice cream. Being together in class a lot we have gotten a lot closer than I thought possible in the short amount of time we had. Everyday after class we would both go do something together, while my weekends I spent and nights I spent with my other friends.

“Hey Tori” Tyler said stopping me from putting the big chunk of cookie dough in mouth.

“What’s up?” I asked setting my spoon down into my cookie dough brownie vanilla almond swirl- a Victoria Sneaux creation.

“I was wondering maybe” he scratched the back of his neck shyly “maybe you’d like to go on a date with?”

I blushed; he was cute when he got all shy. “Oh, um Ty-“

“I knew it.” He said cutting me off “Forget I asked, it was stupid”

“Ty! If you let me finish you would’ve heard me say yes” I said.

“Wait, what? Really?” he asked me with a shocked expression.

“Yea, really Ty, I would love to go on a date with you” I said truthfully, a smile playing at my lips.

I don’t think I have seen him smile bigger after I said that. “Ok cool, I’ll pick you up at 7 on Saturday? ”

I smiled. “Sure, 7 on Saturday. I can’t wait.”

Matt was waiting for me when I got home. “Hey, John called earlier, something about a party.”

“Oh ok thanks Matty” I said heading upstairs to call John.

“Hey John, Matt said you called about a party, just…call me back when you get this” I left a message on his cell since he was probably out with Mimi again.

About an hour later, when I was just about getting ready to curl up in bed to read my book, John called.

“Hey boo, sorry I couldn’t answer the phone earlier. I was out with Mimi,” he said.

“Hey, no problem, I sort of figured you’d be out with her. And boo really? You haven’t called me that in forever!” I told him remembering how he would call me Boo just to make me smile when I was sad.

“Yea Boo, I know it’s been awhile but I miss calling you that. Anyway Kennedy is throwing a party tonight I’ll pick you up in 10?” he asked

“What?!?! John, I don’t think I want to go to a party now” I complained.

“Aww come on, you never want to go to a party but you go anyway!” he told me.

I sighed knowing what he said was true. You see, John and I we’re different. He likes going to parties, I don’t I’m shy and sure I drink a couple drinks but I don’t get drunk. I take things slow especially when it comes to relationships. John on the other hand has had about a total of 5 girlfriends in 1 year. He’s not a player or anything, he just chooses the wrong girls.

“Fine, I’ll go but meet me in 20 minutes!” I said knowing it was pointless arguing.

We got to the party, which was already in full swing at 8. We spotted Garrett and Pat with their girlfriends who happened to be my best friends.

“Oh my gosh Tori!!!!! Girl I haven’t seen you in forever!! ” Rachel screamed. She just got back from visiting her grandma in Wisconsin. I missed her like crazy.

“Rach!!! I missed you. I can’t believe you’re here!!” I said as she came to give me hug.

“You have to tell me what is going on with you and John!! I can’t believe you are finally together!” she whispered in my ear.

“WHAT!?!?” I yelled shocked at what she told me. “We aren’t anything, Rach what are you talking about?”

The three of us girls moved to a corner of the room while the boys went to look for other people to hang out with. Rachel and Veronica already got their drinks awhile back, but I decided not to drink just incase John got to drunk.

“Rach, I am not with John, he is still with Mimi.” I said rolling my eyes. “Besides he’s my best friend, not thing else he’s like my brother.” I shuddered thinking about dating my brother.

“Really, if he’s dating Mimi why’d he bring you?” she asked raising her eyebrows.

“Seriously, this again? I haven’t seen you in 9 months and we are going to talk about me and John?” I asked incredulous. “Look, he took me I’m his best friend. He always takes me to the parties. Duh, I’m invited to the party. I’m not his date!”

“You sure looked you were his date his hand was on your waist!” Rachel added to the conversation.

“Look, you guys we aren’t and trust when I say we never will be together!”

They sighed. “Ok, but IF you do get together, we have to be the first to know okay? Rachel made me promise.

“Rach,” I groaned. She raised her eyebrows. “Ok, fine IF we do get together you guys will be the first to know. I promise.”

“Good, now let’s party” Veronica said getting out of her seat.

We walked to the dance floor all the while I couldn’t stop thinking of what Rachel said about John’s hand being on waist because right after she said I felt the spot burn. It felt hot and I just couldn’t understand why.I couldn’t be falling for my best friend, could I?
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Girls Do What They Want by The Maine
Thanks for the comments guys!
What do you think of the story so far? Should i keep it??
Comments are welcome! Seriously, good or bad! :)