Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

Three Hard Words

Image

While Eric had lost himself in old memories, Stella was in her victim’s car, draining him out of blood. She got her fangs out of his neck and titled her head on one side, looking innocently at the dead corps. His eyes were still opened and wickedly enough, she loved the soulless stare the dead was giving her. In the end she walked out the car and set it on fire.

Walking through the town, her eyes back to green and her shirt and mouth cleaned up, she felt watched. Everywhere she glanced she could see a few men and women staring at her, even glaring at her. She smirked, knowing fully that those vampires were there for her. She walked slowly to a darker alley, sensing one vampire after her. When the female vampire stopped to look around for the noble she got pulled into the darkness. Stella got out and smirked.

“And so the game begins.” And she continued her way to the Arche residence where she knew she will have fun with Alex.

Meanwhile, Dana was searching for Nate, who simply disappeared. Austin was searching for Eric too, but no nobles were near school.

“What do we do now? Mom already killed a few vampires and Jerry said…” Austin interrupted the girl.

“Jerry? The Jerry a.k.a werewolf who keeps the contract between vampires and werewolves? Jerry, friend of Matt?” She nodded. Austin’s face got enlightened by a huge smile. “He’s a legend! Dad told me about him once. He’s the only werewolf who dares to even joke around Matt. And his transformation doesn’t even hurt!” Dana raised an eyebrow, watching Austin amused.

“Right…that Jerry. It seems he’s a very good friend of mom’s. He told me about the agreement. If vampires kill Stella-“

“Matt will be mad. And a mad, old and sadistic vampire is even worse than Stella.” She nodded.

“Exactly. Vampires are already here. I told Nate to use Eric and Alex to keep Stella safe and maybe get her back to normal…I hope he got the hint when I said ‘puppets’.”

“He did. I’m sure of that. He’s very smart. How do you think they will get her under control again? Last time she had to forget everything so she could change.” The young vampire slayer simply sighed and shrugged.

“Let’s just hope. We’ll see what happens next.” Austin nodded and both walked back in the school, with an eye opened for the nobles and Alex.

The ‘puppet’ named Alex wasn’t at home as Stella would’ve wanted. Instead he was walking through the town aimlessly, not paying attention to his surroundings. He was close to a park when he started to remember the first time he met the dangerous vampire female.

It was a cold day and the sun wasn’t giving any clue that it will appear soon on the dark cloudy sky. Alex, dressed in a much more antique clothes and his hair styled in a certain way, had to be at the mayor mansion for new assignments. The mansion was near and Alex didn’t pay much attention to the raindrops that started to invade the small city. When he walked inside the building he saw two persons, a man and a woman, dressed beautifully, talking with the mayor. The sad old man made a sign to Alex to walk closer. The woman smiled at the young human.

“So you are the one who will teach my daughter.” Alex nodded and kissed the woman’s hand, respectfully. Her smile was showing the perfect white teeth she had as well as the glow her face was emitting. Alex got himself amazed by her from every point of view.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Blanche. I was delighted when mayor Wenford asked me to be your daughter’s teacher.” The woman glanced back to her husband and nodded.

“He’s perfect for Rebecca.” The man nodded and got back to talking with the mayor. The woman turned her attention back to Alex. “How old are you Alexander?”

“20 soon enough. I was a little surprised you want such a young teacher. I, myself, just finished my studies.” She nodded and grabbed his hand.

“You’re perfect for this job. I want you to take this…” He looked down to his palm to see what the woman gave him. It was a medallion. His eyes widened and almost dropped the jewelry. “Take it. It’s made of small amethysts and you will need it in the future.” He nodded, a little skeptical, and kissed her hand before retreating. Outside, he walked straight into the now hard pouring rain. He looked up to the sky and trailed his eyes down until his blue orbs found a small figure in the middle of a pretty much empty street. He walked straight to her.

“Aren’t you cold in the rain?” The tiny figure turned to him and that’s when Alex was sure it was the ultimate surprise. The girl was young, a teenager about maybe 16 years. She simply stared at him with her intense green eyes, not even blinking once. He felt a chill run down his back. Her gaze was so entrancing and at the same time, frightening.

“It can’t be colder than I already am.” She responded in a dry, emotionless voice. Alex furrowed his eyebrows together curious. Her eyes trailed every part of Alex until they went back to his blue eyes. “You must be Alexander Smith, Rebecca’s new tutor.” He nodded, speechless. She gave a tiny smile, showing the same features as the woman before. “I’m Stella, her sister.” He was even more surprised when she stuck her hand out. He stared for a second before shaking it. Her smile got wider and happier, her eyes started to sparkle, flowing with emotions into those green orbs. He couldn’t help but smile too.

“Why are you doing in the middle of the street, alone and in the rain?” He finally found his voice to say. She glanced back to the sky and closed her eyes, a peaceful expression gracing her face.

“I love the rain. I love how the drops fall down on my skin, how no sound can be heard except it and how powerful it is. The rain does whatever it wants, there’s no one to tell it to stop. It’s like a flood of power rushing down on the ground. It takes the dirt with it and leaves just fresh air behind.” She looked back into his eyes, her smile being melancholic. “It makes me feel alive.” He raised an eyebrow not understanding her words. She chuckled softly. “You can’t understand until you live through it.”


The memory got Alex to smile. She was right. He couldn’t understand her words or what she was feeling in that moment because he hasn’t lived such a life…until now. Every time when was raining he would go and simply stand in the middle of it. He would always remember the time he confessed to her. It was in the same place while there was a storm. She was sad…

“Stella?” The girl didn’t turn to face the man. Her face was bent down, covered by her dark bangs. He walked to her and turned her around forcefully. “What happened?” She didn’t respond. He shook her shoulders but there was no answer. “What’s going on, Stella?” She sighed and finally gave a sign of life.

“It’s Rebecca. Even if she’s just a harmless human girl, she’s powerful than me. I can’t even drink blood; I don’t know how I live!” She turned her head to the right, the bangs still covering her eyes. “No one believes I’m a vampire. Mom is supportive but…I lost my hope that I will someday be a powerful vampire like Uncle Matt.” Alex sighed and hugged her tightly. “And adding to all these….mom wants me to marry a stranger.” Alex tightened his grip on her. “I don’t want to suffer because of that too.” He grabbed her face and forced her to look into his eyes.

“I will never let someone make you suffer.” Her eyes bent down but he forced her chin back up. “I love you.”


I love you. Those words she never told back to him. She was convinced she fell in love with Eric. The smile that was gracing Alex’s lips transformed into a straight line. She never loved anyone; she just tried to make herself believe her own lies. She wanted to be human because she wasn’t good at being a vampire. He showed her what happiness was and Eric’s presence simply turned everything upside down. But he knew then and still knew that Stella couldn’t love and still doesn’t have the power to make her heart beat. There is just the organ which is pumping blood through her body, but there is no emotion.

Alex got out of his thoughts when he got slammed into a building. When he opened his eyes, he met two red ones. He raised an eyebrow but didn’t make any move to defend himself.

“Filthy blood. You’re not even with your own kind.” He remained silent and emotionless. “Why are you against vampires? Why do you help them?” Instead of a glare, the vampire female in front got a smirk. Her glare, though, got deeper. “Stella Blanche will have a painful death.” Alex’s smirk got even bigger.

“If Stella dies, you will be the one to die painfully. Matt won’t be merciful when he will find out his favorite niece got killed.” The vampire continued her glare and was ready to kill Alex but everything that could’ve been heard was her own yell. Her heart has been ripped out. “Too slow.” He left the body there and walked back to the Arche mansion.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! And I'm getting close to the big finale...which hopefully will be big because this IS huge!
Comments would be appreciated:)
Hope you all like this chapter. It's more of what Alex seems to feel at the moment.