Status: Completed (Editing)

The Biography of a Vampire

The Answer has been Here all Along

Stella just arrived at the Arche residence when James flashed downstairs, in a suit. She raised one eyebrow and smirked.

“Well, well. What do we have here?” James rolled his eyes and walked in front the mirror. “Why so classy?” James just re-arranged his tie and grabbed a hand through his brown, messy hair. She furrowed her eyebrows, annoyed, and flashed behind him. “Are you meeting someone…important, James?” The vampire glared at the female through the mirror, seeing her curious gaze. In that moment, Stella looked as the one he met just a few weeks before she lost control over her mind. “It’s not nice to stare, James.” He returned back to the glare treat and simply flashed out the door. The youngest vampire was just entering when he got pushed aside by the rapid older vampire male.

“What’s up with him?” He asked Stella, who was opening a bottle of whisky. “What’s up with you?” She shrugged and poured herself a glass of alcohol.

“I’ve been stressed out by vampires who want to kill me, from afar.” She rolled her eyes and took a sip from her glass. “They don’t even have the gut to come and fight.” Alex walked over the couch and sat on it, parallel to Stella’s seat on the other couch.

“No problem. They came to me.” She looked up to him and raised an eyebrow. “It was a female. She didn’t represent a threat. They’re not that powerful.” Stella nodded, slowly. Something was off about her and Alex couldn’t quite figure out what was she thinking of.

“You don’t have to stare, Alex. I know I’m acting a little out of character.” The vampire was taken back completely. She actually seemed nice. “I bet you’re trying to find out the reason.” She stated, smirking. “Well…” She took another sip of her drink. “Let’s wait for the other two musketeers so I wouldn’t have to repeat myself.” Alex stood there staring at her while she simply opened the TV and started to watch the news. A few hours later, Nate and Eric walked in. They were surprised to see Stella acting as normal as someone could, like nothing was wrong in the world. Nate stood there, dumbstruck, while Eric walked to her.

“What are you doing?” It was a skeptical tone. She grunted and switched positions: from staying on one side and leaning on her hand to simply roll on her stomach.

“Watching TV, duh! Can you move? I can’t see.” He stood there, eyes widened at her behavior.

“She’s been like that since I came home, a few hours ago.” Alex explained to Nate. All three men were staring curiously at the only woman in the room. She glanced at them from the corner of her eye and sighed. She turned off the TV and sat up, stretching.

“Now that you’re all here…I bet you want an explanation.” They nodded slowly. “Matt sent one of his friends to keep an eye on me.” She said in the most serious and deadly tone she could master. “Maybe it doesn’t sound as a bad thing.” She started to walk to them. “But…it is. Jerry is the werewolf who keeps the agreement. I am the obstacle from a war being started. I don’t want a war and I don’t want that agreement to be ripped. But…”She glared intently at all of them. “If they want a war, they will get one. “ Nate looked as intently at her as she was. It seemed that he could finally put his plan in action.

“Then be it.” He said. Everyone stared at him. “They want to kill you? Let them come.” Alex gasped while Eric stared thoughtful.

“Are you sure?” Instead of Nate, responded Eric.

“Yes. He’s right. The only way to end this is to kill all of them. It would be easier to get it done with all at the same time.” Alex nodded and glanced at Stella. Unfortunately, she disappeared in the second Eric opened his mouth and gave the response.

Meanwhile, Stella couldn’t hold anymore that much stress, mostly because she knew that if she wanted, she might as well kill each vampire and set them on fire, but it would be a risk; obviously big fire would get everybody’s attention. Not a good plan. She didn’t flash anymore, instead she choose to walk slowly to the lake Alex got her while they were training on that first day. She would never forget it. It almost made a smile appear on her stoic face. Almost. As cold as she became while losing all the rationality from her mind, that kind of feelings were forbidden. When she arrived at the lake she hid behind a tree. There was already someone. She furrowed her eyebrows, trying to get a better view. She was a good distance away from that person. Her eyes widened when someone came from behind and simply shoved her into a nearby tree. She was caught off guard. She didn’t even have time to react because the attacker shoved her into another tree, this time, harder.

Stella put a hand to her head and groaned. She surely didn’t expect that to hurt. Whoever was that vampire, it was strong.

“Aren’t you going to fight back?” She growled when she heard his voice. Her eyes reddened and hissed at the man that finally chose to come into view.

“Why should I tire myself over you? You know the rules. Do not hurt or kill Stella.” She responded in a monotone voice.

“True. We don’t want you dead.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“You agreed to it just so the agreement wouldn’t be destroyed.” The brown haired man nodded. “Doesn’t this show how weak werewolves became, Jerry?” Her tone was amused and she smirked wickedly, getting a glare from the old werewolf.

“Vampires are weaker. They get overwhelmed by strong emotions and chose to ignore them or get rid of them. We control our feelings.” Stella glared at the man, getting where he wanted to hint at.

“Emotions are just a burden. They make you weak and helpless.” Jerry titled his head back and grinned.

“Your parents didn’t think so. You didn’t think so when you thought you love Eric.” She sneered and rolled her eyes annoyed.

“And again we’re going back to that stupid, fairytale-ish story. I never loved Eric. I was just blind. I held a big respect for humans but Rebecca changed my mind. Humans are-“She got interrupted by Jerry, fact that got her eyes redden even more.

“You liked a human, Stella. You changed him.” She bent her head down, relaxing her muscles. That was right. She did change Alex because she didn’t want to suffer anymore by just being herself. He seemed to be her only salvation. It wasn’t like that, though. “Cat got your tongue, Stel?” She didn’t even glare at him. She didn’t move at all. She had so many thoughts running through her head that it simply got her speechless. “You know…Matt never wanted this for you.” She raised her head and stared expressionless in front. “He though Nate will be the one in your place yet here you are. I do agree that you are pretty strong. I don’t even want to imagine what would happen if Matt would train you. You would really become a killing weapon. Thanks Eric and Alex for not being that bad.” He mumbled the last part.

“Eric is a nuisance. Alex is…” Jerry’s eyes softened. She shook her head and simply flashed away. Jerry smiled softly.

“You were right Matt. The answer has been here all along.” He chuckled before leaving too.