Butterfly

Chapter 2

"Alex! Alex!" I had zoned out in the middle of class, again. Roku was waving his hand infrotn of my face to get my attention. "Hey, whats wrong? Why are you crying?" I felt my face, wow, I was actually crying. But I hadnt realized it until now (thanks to my zoning out). And when i realized why, I didnt want to tell Roku. It would devistate him. "It's nothing." He glared at me with longing eyes, he knew I was lying. I was never a very good liar when it cam to him. We had been friends since the second grade. He knew everything about me, except for this one event. "You know you can tell me anything" he said to me. We were now looking at each other, both of us on the verge of tears. I didnt want anyone to hear me say it. We were still in class, so I wrote it down on a sheet of paper. " I was raped last night" it read. When Roku was done reading, he looked back at me, his eyes so crystalized it looked like Niagra Falls was going to flow from them. He whispered " Im so sorry. I wish I could help." I thought that if I was to open my mouth I was going to cry again. So I wrote down my answer on the same sheet of paper. It read " Youve alresay done so much for me. You're my best friend and you'll always be there for me and i'll do the same for you." This made him smile and I was happy to see the sadness fade away, just for a little while.

*Later That Day*

Roku and I walked home together. We havent had time to just hang out lately. We talked about everything. He has family problems of his own. His dad left when he was 3 years old and his mom remarried just a few years ago. Its hard for him. I think he's lucky, even though he doesnt feel that way, because atleast isnt crazy like mine. But his mom's a longterm junkie. He doesnt know what to say to her anymore because she doesnt listen to him anyway. I can see it takes a toll on him. We stop at a small park and sit on the swings. He looks at me with a smile on his face, a genuine smile. Its like we were kids again. I miss those days so much. We talked about when we first met, and how we used to protect each other throughout all elementary and middle school. It got a little nippy outside, so rapped hist jacket around me and held me tight. He whispered in my ear, "Alex, you know i love you right?" I nodded and smiled a shy smile. Roku then asked me to be with him forever and always, I humbally accepted. This was by far the best night of my life.

We were at the park for hours. Right up until the stars started to pop into the lovely night sky.
I knew i was going to catch complete hell for coming home so late, but it didnt matter to me. That night was great. I regret nothing.