Status: Completed.

Saving Sloane Winters

F O U R

Kayla C. Mac Robertson
Keywords George Craig, web, of, love, evil, plans

I’ve been watching Sloane for the past weeks.

She looks... like she was before she met that fucktard Teak Richardson.

Pfft, not miserable, or whiny and bitchy like that stupid Bella Swan whore in Twilight when her beloved mind rapist vamp Edmundo left her to go partying in Italy with a royal vamp cult, leaving her to cry pathetically to some horny dog.

I shall be as frank as a guy named Frank though; Sloane’s story kind of related to it.

Sloane was Bella, Teak was Edward, and Tristan was Jacob.

But of course, Sloane was a much cooler, much funnier, much prettier, not pathetic and realer than immortal loving freak Bella. Teak was so much more badass, and dare I say—more hotter—than stupid mind rapist Edmundo. And Tristan was adorable, kind and didn’t have weird anger management issues and imprinted on the demon spawn with a funky name.

And in some way, they were all caught up in a love triangle. Never mind that Teak and Tristan didn’t seem that they were fighting for her. It kind of made me sad, Sloane seemed like someone to fight for. Or maybe I was just theatrical, or Stephenie Meyer was so typically clichéd it made me laugh.

Never mind. Twilight doesn’t even deserve to be compared to Sloane.

The point is that Sloane is acting just like before Teak. Exactly the same as she was with him (she wouldn’t change for him anyway) except for the fidgeting, breathless responses and furtive glances at him.

She was just as sarcastic and apathetic as ever, but there wasn’t any light in her eyes.

I don’t blame Teak. I mean, I do. If you look at the situation, ignoring all the feelings and emotions, he was stringing her on all along, and Sloane—as strong headed and careful as she is—fell right into it, being wrapped in his deceitful string and snapping when the string ended.

But add in all the emotions?

It was entirely different.

I tell you, that I am a student of not only fashion, but love. And I’ll tell you the situation, as the stark naked truth. I realised it ever since they were both under the clump of trees outside the Arts Building, when a bunch of year nine girls were fawning over our beloved hero, Teak Richardson.

Remember that look they shared? That intense, questioning, but knowing look that screamed of passion and—

Love?

I know, my honey bunches. It angered me too, it angered me that I let one of the people that I cared most about in the world, fall in love with somebody I didn’t trust. It made me angry that I didn’t stop her, before she fell into the web of that is called love.

And he broke her, he broke that web.

But what was funny about it? It was his web too; he shared that web with Sloane. Because he was in love too, he was just too badarse, guy-ish or Teak-ish to admit it.

I told you, I am student of fashion and love.

And so I was miserable, like Sloane for first few weeks of Term 3. I like to think that I can see people’s love life aura’s. Call me silly, but I think it’s my sixth sense, or a vampy time power—like Pixie Cullen in Twilight.

I look at Bess, she’s glowing with her girly-ish crush for Riley, who in turn became sheepish and nervous around her. I look at Sarah, who’s indifferent, because she is now having a celebrity crush on Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low (never mind that I fancied him in the first place, but by the end of my possessive rant over said hottie, I had found a Vogue magazine with a Burberry SS ’09 campaign, with George Craig from One Night Only, so I resorted to his lovely and posh splendour instead). And then I look at Sloane’s aura, and it’s as gloomy as Teak’s eyes.

But time is superb! Time is so brilliant at its job, that it can change things!

Like, help Bess’ fashion skills develop, acquire a certain crush on an outrageously gorgeous and funny Jaiden, make Sarah much more nicer, give happiness to Sloane’s dad—or wipe that lovely smile off Sloane’s pretty face.

And it also brought Tristan along!

Oh sweet, wonderful, funny, swoon worthy Tristan, who had taken an interest in Sloane when he bumped (quite literally) into Sloane at Woollies the other day. He saw the beauty in her smile (which so rarely came now that her heart was broken)! He saw the humour in her sadistic jokes!

So, if Teak was being a miserable coward and not admitting to his feelings—then it should be Tristan.

That is; Sloane should be with Tristan.

But Sloane is in love with Teak, and vice versa! You protest snottily.

I know, but listen, time is wonderful, right? And time can bring love, so the plan could work! As much as I loved to see Sloane happily in love with Teak, I still didn’t like him at all. I liked Tristan for Sloane, he wasn’t unpredictable and had issues and secrets so big! An even better substitute for Teak! (In my eyes, anyway).

So.

All that was for me to do was to brainwash Sloane with Tristan’s gorgeousness, and find a loose seam in Sloane and Teak’s web of love, and then gently, gently, gently...

Break it apart.
♠ ♠ ♠

GEORGE AND EMMA CAN I JOIN YOUR LOVELY THREESOME