The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Hey Jealousy

Patrick went to go talk to his friend while I headed back to the stereo to change the music from the Forever the Sickest Kids playlist to some Anberlin and a few other alternative bands since I was pissed at Jonathan. I didn't have anything against Jonathan Cook or Forever the Sickest Kids, it was Taser who was being an idiot.

I was just flirting, not making any moves and Jonathan asked a perfectly logical question since I wasn't exactly official with Toews yet. I didn't plan on talking to him until he apologized or something.

Needless to say, everyone left me alone the rest of my day until the end of my shift was fast approaching. That's when Jonathan Cook walked over to me, a half smile on his face.

"Hey, can I still buy you dinner?" He questioned which I stopped to think about.

"I am hungry," I looked at him as he smile grew.

"Great. You aren't upset are you?"

"Not at you," I shook my head, "You didn't do anything wrong."

I drove Jonathan to this resturant not far from the United Center which I knew Toews was at, making me want to do it even more. Show him that I didn't need him or I didn't depend on him. Yeah, that's it.

Parking the car in a spot, Jonathan got out which I climbed out to see a familiar car belonging to Patrick Kane as I half glared at it but continued on my journey. I took Jonathan's arm as we walked into the room to be seated but that's when I noticed Kane, Duncan, Brent, and Taser all sitting around a table. They motioned for me and Jonathan to come sit with us in which I took the offer relucantely.

I locked eyes with Jonathan across the table as my chair was pulled out for me. There was talk about the upcoming game flowing around the table but I kept silent, only smiling every now and then when someone said something to me. Jonathan was the same way, only his eyes would burn a hole through my head if I didn't look at him. About 15 minutes into eating at the now 7'o clock hour, Jonathan stood up quickly to push the chair away from him in a huff and walked off.

"What's gotten into him?" Jonathan Cook asked while everyone stared at me.

I stood up from my chair, throwing my napkin down on the table to follow the direction that he went in. I seen him standing in the hall as I aggrivately walked over to him, the anger seeping through my veins.

"What the hell is your problem?" I questioned his serious expression that didn't even flinch.

"Problem? I don't have a problem," He looked at me coldly.

"You're being an idiot right now!" I raised my voice a little, "So another guy asked me out to dinner and I accepted. I don't see what the hell you're so pissed about."

"I'm not."

"Bullshit," I snapped with an eye roll, "You won't even give that guy one look or say a word to him. And don't act like you're not giving me death glares from across the table."

"He looks nice," He replied snarky at me.

"It's not like we're official," I glared at him, "Hell you've never said anything like that. All you've done is make out with me, make my world complete, save me. But you and you're ego aren't going for anything more, so I don't see why you should be so upset with me saying we're just dating?"

"What if I want more than that?" He snapped at me now, "Did you ever think of that?"

"You never made a move," I mentioned quieter as he let out an aggrivated laugh.

"You're just so-"

"Annoying?" I raised an eyebrow while his expression lightened towards me.

"Addicting," He sighed, tensing a bit as a smile spread across my face.

"So," I moved closer to him, "what you're trying to tell me is that you want me in your life?"

"Yes."

"And that you want to be more than just friends with benefits or dating?"

"Yes," He sighed as I looked down.

"Say it," I challenged him, his brown eyes meeting mine, "Come on Captain Serious, tell me what you want. I'm not a mind reader."

"I want to be your boyfriend," He looked at me, "That is if you can handle being the girlfriend to super busy, pro hockey player."

"I can, just as long as said hockey player can handle the just as busy, super challenging record store employee girlfriend."

"I can," He smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck to meet his lips, "So I guess that makes us official."

"Wait? You meant that hockey player was you?" I looked seriously at him, "I was talking about Sharpie."

"I swear-" Jonathan mumbled to which I let out a giggle to kiss him again.

"Like you didn't expect that," I whispered when someone cleared their throat from around us.

"I guess we should finish eating," He shrugged, breaking away from me slowly.

"I'm still pissed at you," I fixed my lipgloss, "Not wanting to hear my side of the story and just blowing up like that."

"I'm sorry," He took my hand but I took mine back.

"You're going to have to make up for it."

"Blaze," He groaned.

"If you win tomorrow night, I'll be easy on you," I nudged him lightly, "Come on, let's get back."

We headed back to the table like we were still arguing with each other. Kaner decided to have everyone, minus Jonathan Cook, back at his place for a while which I agreed to. Jonathan Cook gave me a quick kiss goodbye before heading on his way out, which I knew bugged Tazer since I seen his jaw clench but just gave him a smile and wink before I got in my car to drive to Patrick's.

It was a relaxing night for 9pm. No one was drinking, no one was totally crazy, we were just sitting around talking. Jonathan was sitting on a couch when I came back from the bathroom to sit on his lap. His arms went around my waist as I settled into his warm chest.

"Someone looks comfy," Duncan smiled at the two of us as I nodded.

"He's warm, that's all," I shrugged.

"Are you two still fighting?" Patrick shook his head while sitting back down, "I swear it's the most aggrivating thing when you do."

"We're not fighting," Jonathan smiled lightly, his warm breath moving my hair slightly.

"So, what are you guys then?" Brent questioned while I played with Jonathan's fingers.

"We're official," Jonathan added as I smiled.

"Aww," Duncan cooed at the two of us, "Little Taser's got a girlfriend now."

"Shut up," He glared which caused me to chuckle.

"Yeah, one that's going to drive him crazy," Brent shook his head at the two of us.

"You know it," I smirked at him, "Is there any other way it should be?"

"As odd as it sounds," Brent started, "no. If you didn't push his buttons, I don't think he'd have fallen so hard for you like he did."

"Me either," I smiled at Jonathan to run a hand down his cheek, "Of course I can't wait til the finals are over so he can finally shave."

"Not a stubble fan huh?" Duncan smirked at me.

"Nope," I shook my head then looked at my phone with a yawn, "And I know it's early but I'm dead tired."

"We all should be getting some sleep," Jonathan added as I stood up so he could stand.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow night," I smiled giving them quick hugs before heading to the door with Jonathan.

He walked me to my car in silence which it was finally one of those good silences again. I opened my car door to start it up, then stand back up to look at him. The night sky hitting him in such a light that made the butterflies in my stomach flap around harder than usual.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow night," I leant against my door as he leant againt it from the other side as well too.

"Ok."

"Good luck tomorrow," My fingers touched his hand lightly, sending a spark through me or my car just shocked me.

"You're early."

"It's in case, I don't see you until after the game."

"Thank you," He flashed a quick smile at me then placed a sweet innocent kiss on my lips.

"See and you thought I'd leave you for some rock star," I chuckled at him, "I never get tired of kissing you as tempting as it was with that hottie Jonathan Cook around."

"You're never going to let that go, are you?" He sighed as I shook my head.

"You were cute jealous though. I'll have to do it more often."

"Don't you dare," He threatened as I kissed his cheek.

"Good night Captain Bi-polar," I smirked while getting in my car to head back to mine and Adam's place now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so I'm super bummed that Adam Burish is not on the Blackhawks anymore. I mean I was sad that Versteeg was traded yesterday and I thought that Adam was still safe, but now I'm bummed. It's going to make today suck so much. It makes me sad, pissed, bummed, everything. I still love the Blackhawks but now I think I'm going to have to make room for some Dallas Stars....dude words can't describe how bummed I am he's gone.