The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Deep Breath In

"Hey," I finished tying my shoes the best I could and looked towards Jonathan. "I'm going to get some groceries real quick."

"Need me to come with you?" Jonathan questioned from his kitchen but I shook my head.

"Nah, I know you've got that interview in an hour," I smiled at him. "I'll be fine."

"You sure?" He looked at me as I walked over to him.

"Yeah," I took my keys. "I'm not going to break."

"Ok," He gave me a quick look.

"We're out of food," I snickered at him. "And you can't let the mother of your two children starve, can you?"

"We're not totally out," He pouted as I wrapped my arms around him.

"True, but we're out of peanut butter and I'm so craving beef jerky," I cuddled up to him.

"Please don't tell me you're planning on eating that together?" Jonathan questioned making a grossed out face.

"No," I giggled. "I don't have that weird of cravings."

"Have fun," He smiled leaning down to kiss me.

"Mm, minty fresh," I smirked.

"Don't be gone too long, we're meeting Duncan and Kelly for dinner," He smirked as I nodded.

"I'll be back soon, promise," I smiled, breaking away from him.

Heading out of the apartment, I got to my car then headed to the grocery store. Still enjoying my Christmas break since I didn' have to be at Empire and the dance studio wasn't open again until the 6th of January. It gave me that much needed break which I enjoyed.

Not to mention it gave me time to hang out with Jonathan and the rest of the guys for a while.

Pulling into the parking lot, I found a space not too far from the door since it didn't seem that busy even though it was close to New Year's Eve. The snow had finally melted which was a good thing for the time being. I just knew the winter weather was going to suck soon with heavy snow and stupid ice, but it was the midwest and Chicago of all places, winter has never been kind here.

Walking into the grocery store, my headphones were blasting in my ears, tuning out everyone and everything around me. It was then that someone startled me, poking me in the sides, almost causing me to scream but I jumped a million feet in the air instead.

Throwing off my headphones, I turned around to be face to face with a slightly taller guy, a smile plastered on his face that I hadn't seen in forever.

"Wow, nice to know that you still jump every time I do that?" He smirked as a smile grew across my face.

"Quinn?" I hugged him quickly. "What are you doing here? And how exactly did you find me?"

"Yes, it's me," Quinn smiled looking me up and down. "And you're not exactly a hard person to find with all this press stuff you've been getting. I asked around a few people told me where Empire Records was, and your dance studio and since you weren't there, I figured why not get some food and didn't know you'd be here."

"Ah, gotcha," I nodded,. "Still doesn't answer the why are you here part?"

"We need to talk," He sighed as I had a sinking feeling that's why he was here.

"I figured this would happen," I shrugged walking towards the groceries that I needed.

"Yeah, it's kinda important since with you dating this hockey player-" He started but I cut him off.

"Jonathan, his name is Jonathan and I'm engaged," I looked over my shoulder.

"Ok, I get it," Quinn defended his previous sentence. "But the press isn't going to let this go."

I stopped to look at Quinn, my expression serious as I knew what he was talking about and knew this would happen but hoped it wouldn't.

"I know," I rolled my eyes.

"So, I was wondering, maybe we could talk tonight, over dinner or coffee or something?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Just talk," I nodded as he followed me. "I mean I haven't talked to you in forever."

"Eh, it's been about eight months," He shrugged. "But you've been busy and that thing with Chris, who might I add, he's a total dick and I only met him once when we were in town."

"You don't know the half of it," I mumbled to myself.

"At least he didn't hurt you, I mean that would be so-" Quinn started but stopped halfway when he seen my body language change. "No, Blaze, tell me he didn't."

"He's out of my life now and that's all you need to know," I sighed.

"I'm sorry," Quinn looked actually sorry which I knew he meant too.

"Me too," I sighed shaking my head. "So, where are you staying?"

"Hard Rock Hotel on Michigan Avenue," Quinn mentioned.

"Seriously?" I looked at him. "And you got that much money, how?"

"Um, my guitar is at the Hard Rock Cafe," Quinn looked at me with a smirk. "I pulled some strings, that you shouldn't worry about."

"Right?" I nodded giving him a look. "Um, I just gotta let Jonathan know that I'm coming to talk to you. How's seven sound?"

"Sounds good," Quinn smiled. "I'll see you then."

"Seven," I smiled watching him leave and getting what I wanted.

Heading back to Jonathan's apartment, I stepped in to see him on the phone with someone as I put the groceries away. I had a feeling he was talking to a teammate, just by the way he was talking, and it was probably Kaner.

He hung up the phone as he sighed, running his hand over the back of his neck. I smiled as he walked up to me, looking stressed.

"Stressful time Captain Bipolar?" I questioned with a smirk on my face.

"I thought we got rid of that nickname?" He groaned.

"You might've but I didn't," I giggled. slightly. "What's up?"

"Seabs needs a place to stay for a few days after New Years since they're working on his apartment. He asked Duncan but Kelly's family's coming in then, so they won't have room and I told him he could stay here." Jonathan sighed.

"You sigh like that's a bad thing?" I half questioned since it wasn't.

"It won't bother you?" Jonathan gave me a questioning look.

"No, why would it?" I shrugged.

"We just haven't had alone time to ourselves in a while," He shrugged back, wrapping his arms around me. "I thought we could get some by then."

"We will," I smiled kissing him quickly. "Just be patient."

"But I don't want to be patient," He whined.

"I know," I smirked at him.

"What about tonight?" Jonathan questioned. "I'm not doing anything."

"Actually," I drew out moving out of his arm to go to the fridge for a second. "I'm meeting a friend at the Hard Rock Hotel at seven tonight."

"What friend?" Jonathan questioned.

"Um," I thought of someone, anyone but no one would come to mind. "Quinn."

"Quinn?" Jonathan's eyes widen. "As in Quinn Allman?"

"Yes," I sighed. "But don't make it out to be something it's not. There's somethings that I need to talk to him about that I swear I'll tell you about later."

"I wanna go with you," Jonathan crossed his arms.

"No," I shook my head quickly.

"And why not?" His voice half raised.

"Jonathan, please. I love you to death and I'm going to marry you," I moved closer to him. "Just let me do this alone tonight. I promise you, nothing bad is going to happen. I'm just going to talk to him."

"Fine," He rolled his eyes.

"Please don't be mad," I pleaded with him. "I swear as soon as I get back, I'll tell you what's going on, just I need to do this alone. Ok?"

"You look worried," Jonathan looked down into my eyes.

"I'll be fine," I gave him a light smile.

"I don't want you to be too stressed," He rubbed my arms slightly.

"Promise," I kissed his lips lightly. "I love you."

"I love you too," He kissed me again.

"So we've got a few hours before I gotta meet Quinn," I leant into him slightly. "Wanna go out for dinner?"

"You mean it won't be leftovers?" Jonathan hoped.

"Yeah, no leftovers," I smiled at him.

"I'll drive," He rushed out as I let him get his keys.