The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Baby Sitting

Jonathan woke up at 6 am since he had to be at the rink for morning skate since there was a game against San Jose tonight. He also knew he had Bradin coming over to his apartment after that which he wasn't sure exactly what to do with him.

As for me, I was hanging out with Talia for the most part before heading to my dance studio. I haven't talked to Jonathan since that night I left the house but hopefully it'll all work out.

After morning skate, Jonathan went back to his apartment to get cleaned up when he heard his buzzer in which he went to let up Quinn and Bradin. When they finanlly got there, he opened to the door to see Bradin wearing a hockey jersey, standing next to Quinn.

"Hi," Quinn smiled. "This is Bradin, Bradin this is Jonathan."

"Hi," He smiled lightly looking half scared.

"Hey buddy," Jonathan smiled at him then noticing the Vancouver jersey he was wearing. "You're a Vancouver fan?"

"And Blackhawks and Montreal, and Buffalo," Bradin smiled up at him.

"W/ho's your favorite player?" Jonathan smiled watching the small boy get excited over the subject of hockey.

"Well," He shrugged. "Luongo, Crosby, Patrick Kane, Marian Hossa, and you."

"He's really into hockey," Quinn smiled looking down at the boy. "He can go on and on about it forever."

"Cool kid," He smiled at the boy.

"I should be done by eight at the latest," Quinn nodded. "Unless he wants to stay with his mom tonight."

"Ok," Jonathan nodded looking down at the kid. "We'll have fun."

"You be good Bradin," Quinn knelt down to the small child. "I love you."

"Love you too dad," Bradin hugged him quickly.

"Remember, I better not hear any bad reports," Quinn looked at him as he rolled his eyes.

"Yes dad," Bradin sighed causing Jonathan to chuckle.

Quinn headed out the door as Jonathan turned to look at the kid. There was that awkward silence between him and the five year old standing there, but Jonathan cleared his throat.

"Bradin, have you been on the ice yet?" Jonathan questioned as Bradin shook his head.

"I keep asking my dad but he doesn't want me on the ice yet," He shrugged. "He told me when I'm older but I really want to be a hockey player."

"You wanna go get some ice team in with some hockey players?" Jonathan smirked at the boy as his eyes lit up.

"Yeah," Bradin smiled brightly.

"Ok," Jonathan chuckled to himself as he watched the boy's reaction. "First we're going to get you a cooler jersey then pick up Kaner and we'll teach you how to play hockey."

"For real?" Bradin's smile brigthened.

"Of course," Jonathan smiled at him.

Jonathan took Bradin to the Blackhawks Store on Michigan Avenue where he bought him a ton of Blackhawks stuff along with two new jerseys, one of each being his number and Kaner's. After that, the two of them went to pick up Patrick then headed to Wrigley Field to the outdoor ice rink.

Bradin was in total awe that he was now in a car with Toews and Kane, making him almost speechless until Patrick started talking to him about hockey. Then the kid wouldn't stop talking until they got to the ice rink.

"Ok," Jonathan helped Bradin lace up the laces on the skates he bought him earlier. "The ice is going to be a bit slippery."

"I can handle it," Bradin objected with a smile on his face.

"Ok buddy," Jonathan helped him up as the poor kid wobbled a bit but he caught him.

"Whoa," Bradin looked up at him.

"Small strides first," Jonathan skated backwards as he held onto Bradin's hand. "We'll go slow."

"Do you guys think you could teach me how to play hockey before I go back home?" Bradin looked at Jonathan and Patrick.

"Sure," Patrick shrugged. "When are you going back home?"

"Dad said not for another week or so," Bradin smiled at the two of them. "He said I had some family here that I should meet."

"I think we can teach him in between games," Patrick shrugged. "Besides he's wearing the best number ever."

"That's because he's wearing your jersey now," Jonathan rolled his eyes at Patrick. "But I think we can work something out. And when you're not here, your mom can help you."

"You know my mom?" Bradin stopped to look up at Jonathan as went speechless for a second.

"Um yeah," Jonathan cleared his throat. "She's my girlfriend."

"How come she didn't come to find me?" Bradin questioned as Jonathan didn't know how to respond to that.

"Bradin," Patrick spoke. "She always wanted to find you but sometimes when people are in a bad situation, they don't want to bring anyone else."

"Is she ok?" Bradin questioned looking worried.

"She is now," Patrick smiled at her.

"Is she nice?" Bradin looked up at Jonathan.

"She is," Jonathan smiled. "She's amazing."

"Can you take me to meet her?" He asked.

"How about we get some lunch after this and then we'll meet up with her before we go to stadium before the game again?" Jonathan asked as Bradin nodded.

"Ok," Bradin smiled.

"Come on kid," Patrick smiled at him. "Let's try to some stick handling."

The three of them spent the next few hours getting some practice time on the ice with Bradin, they all headed back to the his apartment to relax a bit before figuring out where they were going to eat. Jonathan had his phone out, half debating if he should dial my number since he knew we were fighting and I was staying with Sharpie, even though he thought Bradin was a great kid.

"Just call her," Patrick sat next to him. "Bradin's a good kid and you love her."

"I just think she's still mad at me," Jonathan shrugged as Bradin was changing clothes in the bathroom.

"I doubt it," Patrick shrugged. "Just call her."

Jonathan nodded as Patrick went to check on Bradin and Jonathan dialed my number. He waited for a few rings when I finally answered.

"Hello?" I questioned clearing my throat.

"Hey," Jonathan spoke softly. "Are you doing anything right now?"

"Just at the dance studio," I shrugged. "Hanging with Talia and Jenna."

"Um, would you want to meet me for lunch at Rainforest Cafe?" Jonathan suggested.

"Why?" I half snapped.

"There's something I need to talk to you about," He sighed.

"Ok, fine," I shrugged thinking about why he wanted to talk to me. "Just as long as I can get to the United Center since I told Talia that I'd hang out with her tonight."

"Ok, meet us there in half an hour," Jonathan nodded.

"Us?" I questioned. "Who's us?"

"I'll see you then," Jonathan half smiled as he hung up the phone then looked to see Bradin and Patrick standing there ready to go.