We All Have Our Secrets

What Are You?

*No One‘s POV*
Carly yawned as she lay in the middle of the woods, completely alone. Her journal rested on her stomach open, with a pen in her hands. She whispered under her breath in Latin and the wind soared around her, closing her journal. She sat up and looked around. She didn’t hear or see anyone so she crossed her legs and started whispering rapidly under her breath. On the other side of the clearing Jasper watched her, entranced. He had never seen her with her hoodie off and now he understood why. Her arms were red, and had marks, scars on them.
“What are you doing?” Emmett boomed, leaping up on Jasper
“Shut up.” he hissed watching her carefully.
Emmett frowned confused but watched silently. He only got more confused as a grey fog seemed to form around her. She sighed and stopped her whispering, the fog disappearing with her words.
“What?” she asked the figure that approached her
“I‘ve been looking for you.” Coach Hyde told her, sitting in front of her.
“Well, if you didn‘t guess, I didn‘t want to be found.”
“You need to stop casting in school Carly. It‘s getting dangerous.”
“Sure it is Hyde. Kuz everyone reckons when they trip over it‘s me.” she scoffed rolling her eyes.
“Someone will start asking questions.”
“When, before or after I get killed and they realize nothing seems to happen anymore?”
Jasper frowned confused and Emmett went to go and find Edward and Carlisle.
“No one will kill you. You need to be more careful, that‘s all.” anger bit into his voice
“There is a pack of wolves after me.” Jasper took a step closer to them as Edward and Carlisle joined him, Emmett not far behind. “Humans are the lea--” she sighed again “Hiding in the shadows might work on most people, not me.”
Jasper stared, thinking he was on about them but relaxed when black figures emerged from the forest in front of her.
She stood up and pulled her hoodie back on. She grabbed her journal and whispered something before it disappeared.
“What are you doing here? Seriously?” she asked Hyde
“You are putting us all in danger.” Hyde said gravely, the circle took a step closer to the two of them “We can‘t allow that.”
“And I‘m thinking your forgetting who‘s boss.” Carly growled, her voice echoing in the clearing. Jasper, Edward, Carlisle and Emmett all took a step closer as the circle did as well.
Hyde took a step closer and Carly grabbed his throat. He spat at her and she threw him backwards, members of the circle restrained him and tightened the circle as far they could. She wiped the spit of her face
“I‘ve lost everyone doing favors for you Hyde, and now you try and take me out.” she laughed humourlessly. “Let him go.” she shook her head and Carlisle spoke.
“Excuse me, but we couldn’t help overhearing.”
No one in the circle moved as Carly turned to look at us.
“God damn it! See what I mean Carly? This is your fault.” Hyde yelled.
She yelled something at him furiously and he fell from the circle, crashing to the ground. He stayed there, knowing it was more dangerous for him to get up.
“We think we can help.” Carlisle told her.

They all sat in the Cullen’s living room, except for all of the figures dressed in black who stood behind Carly.
“Do they ever leave?” Alec asked
“If I tell them to.” she glanced behind at them “Do you want them to leave?” she asked
“It‘s kinda… awkward.” Nessie told them
“Nessie, you should be in bed! You have school tomorrow!” Esme scolded her.
“No. I wanna know what‘s going on.” she said stubbornly, sitting beside Rose who pulled her onto her lap.
Carly turned and whispered to the people in black. One of them whispered back something and she shook her head.
“Wait at my house. And take Hyde, but do NOT lay a finger on him.” she warned.
He nodded and they left and Carly sighed. Jasper handed her a cup of coffee and sat beside her.
“Nessie? Where‘d you disappear to?” Jacob called. Jacob walked into the living room and froze when he saw Carly. “What are you doing here witch?”
“I was about to ask you the same question mutt.” she spat, standing up.
“Jacob, Carly is here on out invitation.” Edward told him, as Bella put a restraining hand on his shoulder.
“She‘s murderer, y‘know?” Jake spat
Carly stood up, the mug in her hand smashed, spilling the coffee over her hands. She made a circular movement with her hand and a fireball floated in her palm.
“You killed my father mutt. An eye for an eye.” she spat, the fireball growing.
“So you flood our house? You could‘ve killed my father!” his voice rang angrily through the room
“How?” she flung the fireball at him which exploded against his skin, leaving a raw, red burn “We made sure he wasn‘t in the house.” she created another fireball and threw it at him. “You killed him because you didn‘t listen to a word he had to say.” she created another one but Nessie stood in front of Jake before she could throw it.
“Stop it.” Nessie warned.
“My father was right though wasn‘t he? Victoria came back didn‘t she?” Carly asked “Twice. Like he said. Once to do with water, the second time with an army.” Bella gasped “He told you and you fucking killed him!” she screamed at him throwing the fireball at him. Nessie didn’t feel the impact of the fireball but Jake stumbled back. Jasper but a hand on Carly’s shoulder and she relaxed.
“We need to talk about this in a civilized manor.” Carlisle said calmly as Rose glared at Jake and Carly. “Please will everyone sit down?” it was less of a question but more of a demand.
Carly whispered under her breath and cleared the remains of the coffee. Jake and Nessie glared at Carly, which she returned, with twice the hate.
“You know we‘re not human?” Esme asked Carly
“Kinda figures when you haven‘t got a heartbeat.” she muttered under her breath. “So what are you?” she asked
“Vampires.” Alice told her. She raised her eyebrows, and shrugged “Are you a witch?”
“Yeah. Is she half/ half or summit, because she has a heartbeat.”
“Bella gave birth to Nessie when she was still human.” Edward explained calmly “Are all the people in black witches?”
“No. I‘m the only one. They‘re my guard. Hyde is supposed to be a human in between but recently, he‘s becoming a pain in the ass.”
“Guard?” Alec asked
“I have a lot of enemies.”
“No shit. Piss her off and she‘ll ruin your life.” Jake snarled
“I‘ll huff, and I‘ll puff, and I‘ll burn your house down.” Carly sneered at Jake’s comment.
“What‘s the limit to your powers?” Esme asked
“I don‘t have one. Since I have no family left, all power resides in me.” she sighed bitterly
“How many more witches are there?” Jasper asked
“7”
“7 families, covens?…”
“7 people.”
Silence fell upon them. Jacob glared at her and shook his head.
“Liar. You have 2 brothers and a mother last time I checked.” he spat
“Then you might wanna check again.” she hissed back, her hands clenched into fists. “You said you could help. How?” Carly asked Carlisle.
“Make a deal with the wolves.” Carlisle answered simply.
“They wouldn‘t agree to it.” Jacob answered “Making a deal with you guys was already a serious problem. Witches too? Get the leprechauns and pixies in it too.”
“Wolves are the least of my problems. I can handle them.” Carly told them “When you said help, what did you assume we needed help with?”
“We thought you had problems with the wolves.” Edward frowned
“And we have communication with the wolves.” Carlisle gestured to Jake
Carly sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. She stood up and shook her head.
“Well thanks anyway, I gotta go. I‘m guessing I keep your secret you keep mine?”
They all nodded, even Jake who did grudgingly. “Oh, and keep away from Coach Hyde. Friendly warning.”
Before anyone could ask why, she had gone. A gasp escaped Alice’s lips and all eyes were on her. Her eyes were unfocused and moving from side to side rapidly as if reading.
“Alice what do you see?” Emmett asked
Her eyes focused and she turned to Jacob who just reappeared
“You bastard.” she spat at him “How could you?”
“She had it coming.” he snarled
“Alice?” Bella asked timidly
“He called the attack on Carly. The Volturi are going to kill her.”