What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 12 Resurfacing Problems

I traveled back to Green Day's dressing room. I must have taken a wrong turn, because I suddenly came face to face with another band's dressing room. I turned around to backtrack, but someone pushed me against the wall. My eyes widened in fear and surprise as I saw my old boyfriend, Trent.
"Hello again." He almost growled, his whole body pressing against mine. He grabbed my hands and held them together with one hand.
"Get the hell away from me." I hissed. Trent smirked.
"I'm afraid I can't do that. Your brother left me quite the scar. I'm only giving the gesture back." He said, all the while pulling out a switchblade. I started to tremble in fear. Yes; I used to cut myself, but nothing deep like what Mike did. When I broke up with Trent, he tried hitting me. Mike came into the picture and brought out a a pocketknife. He slit Trent's arm open.
"Get off!" I screamed, hoping someone would hear me. Trent frowned and produced duct tape, placing it over my mouth. At this point tears started to fall.
"It's okay, Hun. You won't feel a thing. Just like when you used to cut yourself." He said in a hushed tone, pressing the knife against my exposed right arm. Trent slowly slid the knife down my arm, from my shoulder blade to my elbow. The pain was agonizing; it felt as if, well, you arm was being slit open, only with a red hot butcher knife. I screamed, but the duct tape muffled it. Trent let me sink to the floor.
"Now, to make sure that little singer won't be doing anything to you now." He talked to himself. He took the palm of my hand and cut a 'T' into it. Trent bent down, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. I glared at him through my tears, every insult running through my mind at that moment. "Tell little Gerard to give up on you."
"Maybe he'll know your mine now." Trent said happily. "I'll be seeing you again, very soon." and with that he walked off. I sat there, slumped against the wall, to shaken to get up and find help.
My arm hurt terribly. The tears kept coming. I had no idea why he was here-he lived in New York. Why was he coming after me now? It's been four months. Why not last month, when we were closer to New York? Ah, the pain is killing me!
"Jay?" I heard a familiar voice call. With my good arm, I took off the duct tape, and let out a pitiful wimper. That was all I could manage. Gerard came from around the corner, his wet hair falling in front of his sweaty face. His confused face twisted into one of shock and concern.
"Jay!" He yelled, running over to my side. He removed his shirt, revealing his toned chest. He wrapped it around my arm, using pressure.
"I'm going to get you out of here, Jay." Gerard told me, picking me up. He sprinted to Green Day's dressing room. Gerard swung open the door and placed me carefully on the couch.
"What the hell happened?" Mike exploded. Billie just flipped his cell phone open and dialed 911 for an ambulance.
"I found her lying on the floor like this." Gerard told him breathlessly. Billie flipped his cell phone shut.
"Ambulance is down. We have to get her to the hospital ourselves." Billie told us. Gerard nodded and picked me up once more, leaving the room, Billie and Mike trailing behind him.
We arrived at Billie's car, some fans following. Gerard placed me inside, him following. I took up two seats because my legs and torso were on the car seats. Gerard propped my head up on his lap, still applying pressure to my arm. Mike was in the passenger seat, telling Billie how to get to the hospital.
"Gee?" I said weakly. He looked down at me, eyes full of concern and fear.
"Yeah?" He replied shakily.
"Thanks." I mumbled. Everything went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I awoke on the floor in a gray room. Gray walls, gray ceiling, gray floor. The floor was hard and cold. No doors, nothing at all in the room besides me. I pushed myself into a sitting position on the floor.
"Hello?" I called out hesitantly. My arm was healed, not a scar left behind. The room suddenly flashed a blinding white, and I was sitting in the middle of a field. Wild daisies and other flowers grew around me. I couldn't pay attention to any of this, because my grandfather stood in front of me. My dead grandfather. I looked up in awe.
"Grandpa?" I said. He smiled down at me sadly.
"It's been a long time, Bluejay." He said. A few tears escaped my eyes. "Don't cry."
"It has." I let out a shaky laugh. He sat beside me. His black and gray hair stood thickly on his head, with deep wrinkles surrounding his eyes. His green eyes twinkled though.
"It's not time for you to die, Bluejay. Go back to your family. Go back to your friends. Go back to Gerard." He told me.
"Gerard?" I said. I wondered why he would mention Gerard. Grandpa let out a booming laugh.
"You two are meant for each other. Gerard is crazy about you. Soul mates, some may call it." He told me. 'Soul mates.' I repeated in my head.
"Yes, soul mates. Go back now, little Bluejay. We love." Grandpa said, and he faded away. I reached out to stop him, but I awoke.
"You're awake!" Mike said, relieved. Gerard was holding my hand, sitting in a chair beside the bed I lay in. Mike was sitting at a table along with Tre and Billie. Frank and Mikey were sitting on the floor playing some game, while Bob and Ray were sitting on a mini couch on the other side of the room.
"Yup." I replied shakily. My arm was bandaged in purple gauze wrap. On the same arm, my hand was wrapped in purple gauze also. It felt slightly numb, but the pain was gone. I was terribly scared of hospitals. Grandpa died in one because the doctors couldn't help him.
"You scared me. Us." Gerard told me, offering a small smile. he still held onto my hand, his grip tightening slightly. 'Soul mates.' My grandpa's voice echoed through my head.
"If you thought you were scared, try being me." I replied. Before anyone could say anything else, a doctor walked in. He had boyish looks, and he was young. His longish blond hair fell slightly into his face, which reminded me of Gerard's. Only Gerard's hair was much more cuter.
"how are you doing?" He asked me, offering a large smile.
"Considering my arm is sliced open, I'd say horrible." I replied in a cheerful tone. Frank snickered. This did not phase the doctor.
"And I'm terribly sorry about that, Miss Dirnt. we just need to run a couple more tests, and you should be out in a couple hours." He told me.
"How about, you screw the tests and I leave right now?" I asked. Tension was building in me. I wanted out.
"I'm sorry, but I can't do that. Just sit tight for now." The doctor said, then left.
"Asshole." I muttered.
"He's just doing his job, Jay." Billie said.
"He's still a jackass in my opinion." I said crossly. This got a chuckle out of Gerard.
"You'll be out of here in no time." Gerard told me. I smiled. Gerard would keep me sane.
"How did it happen?" Gerard asked softly. I looked directly into his eyes. I saw him stare back into mine, caringly, lovingly-what?
"I-ah. Well, I got lost, and, well... I ran into someone I knew... And, he wasn't a very nice person." I winced, remembering the intense pain and him promising me we'd meet again.
"Trent?" Mike asked. Everyone was looking at me. MCR was confused.
"Yeah." I whispered.
"Who's Trent?" Ray asked.
"Her last jackass of a boyfriend who beat her, that's who." Billie said angrily.
"Beat you?" Mikey echoed.
"I'm going to kill him." Mike decided, his hands balled into fists.
"I wanna help." Frank said.
"What did he say?" Bob asked.
"He said, 'it's okay, Hun. You won't feel a thing, like when you used to cut.'" I repeated, not telling them about anything else.
"That's not everything he said. Tell us, everything." Mike demanded. I sighed.
"'Now to make sure your little singer won't be doing anything to you now.' Then he cut my palm. 'Tell little Gerard to give up on you.' 'Maybe he'll know your mine. I'll be seeing you again, very soon.'" I repeated, not looking anyone in the eye. Gerard sighed angrily.
"He did this to you because we're friends?" He asked. I shook my head sadly.
"He did it because Mike slit his arm open too. He thinks Gerard and I are dating." I told them. Frank let out a shaky breath.
"Were does he live?" Frank asked. Mike told him.
"You aren't going to get anywhere. he could be anywhere now. I doubt he would go home." I told them.
The next few hours passed with Gerard and I talking quietly. The doctor finally entered.
"You are free to go after you tell us how this happened." He said. I told him. He wrote everything down.
"We will give your statement to the police." The doctor told me, walking out of the room.
"Let's go!" I said happily. Everyone picked up their things and we left. We arrived at the hotel around ten pm. Billie, Mike, and Tre told us they had to leave again for the studio. I was all alone in my room until I decided to go to bed. I was haunted with nightmares.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you just love drama?
~Lauren