What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 19

Wellll..." Gerard drew it out. "We could either go to a boring press conference oooor we could go to the Arizona State Fair." Gerard offered, pulling his head out of my hair. I pretended to think.
"I don't know... The interview seems tempting..." I teased. He jutted out his lower lip. I laughed.
"We are going to the fair." Gerard decided. I raised my eyebrows at him.
"What's the magic word?" I sang.
"Come to the fair with me, best friend, or you'll wake up without your supply of eyeliner." Gerard threatened teasingly. I widened my eyes in horror.
"Not my eyeliner! Okay, I'll come." I gave in. Gerard laughed at my dismay. I glared, but couldn't hold it for long because his laugh is contagious. I tried to get up and get dressed, but Gerard held me down.
"I kinda have to get ready to go. So please let go?" I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes at him. He sighed and let go. I jumped to my feet and walked into the bathroom.
I changed into my green high top converse, black skinny jeans, and a deep purple, slightly tight shirt. I brushed through my hair, applied eyeliner,and quickly brushed my teeth. I walked out of the bathroom to find Gerard already dressed in jeans and a black t-shirt. He had thick black eyeliner on that was slightly smudged, but was supposed to be that way. I think he caught me staring because he smirked slightly.
"Shall we go, Miss Dirnt?" He asked in an English accent. I giggled slightly, putting my cell phone in my back pocket.
"We shall, Mr. Way." I replied. He put his hand out for me to grab. It would have been impossible to not hold hands with him, so I took his hand. We walked down the hallway to Billie's room to ask if he wanted to go. I guessed Tre, Mike, and Olivia would be there too. Then we would leave to go get Mikey, Bob, Ray, and Frank.
"Hey guys." Gerard greeted when we entered the room. Billie, Tre, and Mike were here, but Olivia wasn't.
"Where's Olivia?" I asked before anyone could reply to Gerard. Mike, Tre, and Billie looked up at me, confused.
"Our mom called her and told her that she had to go to Australia with her. She said it would be better." Billie explained. "She didn't tell you?"
"No, she didn't." I replied, feeling confused.
"She left in a hurry, so maybe she was going to call you later." Mike said. I nodded.
"Gerard and I wanted to know if you guys wanted to go the fair with us." I asked. Tre squealed like a little girl.
"Oh yesss! Can we go Billie? Can we?" Tre begged. Billie tried keeping a straight face but failed.
"Yeah, we can go." Billie answered.
"Yay!" Mike exclaimed. He and Tre raced the the bathroom and Tre beat him there. I laughed but Billie cleared his throat.
"Why are you two holding hands?" He asked. I felt my cheeks grow hot.
"Gee's English accent is hard to resist." I answered as innocently as possible. Billie chuckled.
"Now," Gerard started in his English accent once more, "we have to go find me band mates." And we turned and left.
"Hey guys." Bob said as he came out of his room across the hall.
"Hey Bob." Gerard said.
"What are you two kids up to?" Bob asked with a raised eyebrow.
"WE'RE going to the fair. I don't know what YOU'RE doing, but you can come." Gerard said. I nodded.
"Okay." Bob said, then went back into his room. We followed to find Frank, Mikey and Ray already in the room playing xbox.
"Guys, we're going to the fair." Bob announced.
"Yes!" Frank exclaimed, still by the xbox, then noticed everyone had left him. He sulked off towards the bathroom.
"We'll be out by the cars." Gerard said, then dragged me out of the room and to the elevator.
~~~By the cars~~~
"Jay?" Gerard started hesitantly.
"Yeah?" I replied, blowing some hair out of my face.
"Have you ever, you know, liked someone, but didn't know if they liked you back? And you didn't want things to become awkward if she didn't?" He asked. I nodded.
"Of course." I said.
"Well, Jay..." Gerard started.
♠ ♠ ♠
What's gonna happen? What's gonna haaaaaappeeeeen?
~Lauren