What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 3 Seconds Meetings Are Always Better Than Firsts

I was now 20. Green Day made it, big time. We already had many albums out- and I dare say it, everyone was loving our punk rock tone. My position in the band was a backup guitarist, also able to do sound. I was also like a mini manager.
You could say I changed. I was now against violence. Yet I cut myself. It was like I couldn't feel emotions anymore. About two months ago I started cutting. Before that, a boyfriend of mine abused me and cheated on me. The last couple of my boyfriends cheated on me. My take on it was this-
Anger and agony are better than misery.
Yes, I'd gotten this from "Pain" by Three Days Grace. I'd certainly been miserable before cutting myself. Cutting was release for me, all the tensions of going on tour and not being good enough for the scum of the earth. I dealt with it.
I guess you could say I looked different. I had choppy layered hair that went a couple inches past my shoulder blades. I had several streaks of purple, black, and red through out my hair. Hell, most of it was purple, black, and red. Only the occasional strip of blond. My makeup consisted of thick black eyeliner smudged around my eye. I was punk, one that adults hated because I was so free spirited, full of energy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Currently Green Day was on tour, going to the Bamboozle tour meeting place. Somewhere in which I couldn't be bothered to remember the name. Yeah, I'm that hardcore (heavy sarcasm).
"Bluejay...." Tre whined. I winced. They only called me Bluejay if they wanted something. This was going to very painful for me.
"Go away!" I muttered. I was laying down on a little couch in the tour bus. I was face down, head smothered into a pillow, multicolored hair sprayed out from behind me. I was wearing black skinny jeans, a Three Days Grace band tee, and purple high top converse.
"Bluejay, can you maybe... Go out and buy us some cookies... Pwease?" Billie asked as he walked on the bus. 'Don't look up, don't look up, maybe he'll think I'm dead...' I thought to myself.
"Pwease?"Mike asked is a little kid voice. I sighed. I pulled myself off the couch, ignoring their thank yous
"Someones on their period..." Tre whispered.
"Why don't you go out and get the fucking cookies yourself, Tre? You're a big boy now, right?" I sneered. He looked shocked, as did Mike and Billie. I never talked this way to them.
I slammed the tour bus door, with grim satisfaction in hearing something fall. Oops. I slowly made my way downtown. Ah, shit. I didn't even know where I was going. Oh well, I guess I'd just have to make my way around.
"Excuse me, sir." I asked politely as I saw a tall, white haired man walk out in front of me. He turned around, slightly confused. He had the features of someone I knew a long time ago.
"yes?" He asked.
"You sorta look like a local, can you point me in the right direction of a marked where they sell cookies?" I asked. He chuckled.
"I thought you were going to ask for an autograph. No, I don't live around here. We can find a store together!" He replied actually cheerfully. I blinked and agreed to go. I still remembered some stuff from high school in case something went bad.
"May I inquire your name?" I asked when we got walking again.
"Oh, yeah. I'm Gerard Way. And you?" He replied, I was shocked. This couldn't be the same one that I met in high school.
"Jay Dirnt. Nice to meet you, Gerard." I replied. He smiled.
"Nice to meet you too." His face held no recolonization of me. It was probably because of my hair and makeup. Maybe it was for the best.
After about wandering aimlessly around for ten minutes, with mindless chatter, we finally found a Bashas.
"What state are we in?" I asked suddenly. Gerard gave me a very weird look.
"Arizona. You didn't know?..." He trailed off. I shrugged.
"I usually don't keep up with what my band does these days." I replied casually.
"You're in a band?" He asked. I nodded.
"I'm part of Green Day, in a sense." I told him.
"Ah, I'm in My Chemical Romance." He said. I smiled slightly. 'I know, I remember when you told me three years ago.' I thought.
"Do you remember me?" I asked quietly. Gerard heard me, because he looked confused.
"From what?" He asked. I sighed.
"High school. You came to a California high school three years ago." I said, even quieter. He stopped walking.
"Jay???" He said, an a amazed look on his face. I smiled slightly and nodded.
"Seriously??? You've changed so much!" He exclaimed.
"I got even more into punk. You've changed too, with the white hair." I replied. He smiled widely.
"You have to meet the rest of the band. You'd love them. But for now, let's find those cookies." Gerard said happily. We both walked off together, chatting about what happened to both of us since high school.
*Mental Rant*
He can't have been that excited to see me, could he? Not many people are happy to see me anymore. I'm such a drag now. Maybe everything will start looking up now that I've found Gee again. Or maybe he won't want me around after today. He was most likely faking the happiness. Yup, most likely.
*Mental Rant Over*
"So, any boyfriends?" Gerard asked casually as we were now looking through the selection of cookies. I frowned. He must have noticed because he quickly said, "You don't have to tell me."
"Nah, it's okay. I just got out of a relationship." I told him, sparing the boring details. He nodded.
"What about you, any girlfriends?" I asked. He laughed shortly.
"No, same with me. Just got out of a relationship." Gerard told me.
"Ah ha!" I proclaimed happily; I found the M&M's cookies. Gee laughed at me, a real, genuine laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Spell check is wonderful.
~Lauren