What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 5 Cheesy Flirting

"Ugh." I groaned as I hauled myself out of my bunk. I groggily made my way to the little bathroom on the bus. The guys talking actually quite softly to each other near the front of the bus. I must have slept in really late.
I quickly washed myself with lavender soap and blackberry shampoo. My hair was, as usual, in a tangled mess, so I brushed through it. I dressed in a Three Days Grace band t-shirt and teal colored skinny jeans. I slipped on black socks and orange high tops. I blow dried my hair then walked out of the bathroom.
"Hello boys." I greeted Billie, Tre, and Mike once they came into view. I picked up a bagel and started eating.
"Gerard wanted us to tell you that he wants you to meet him at Lake Pleasant once you woke up." Tre rushed his words out.
"Did you tell you why?" I asked.
"No." Billie answered. I nodded my head and finished my bagel. Then I headed back to the bathroom and brushed my teeth.
"Bye guys." I told them as I left. We weren't far from Lake Pleasant, so I thought it'd be nice to walk. About half an hour later it started to get cold.
"Why didn't I bring a jacket? Oh yeah, Arizona isn't supposed to be cold!" I muttered to myself, rubbing my arms. As I walked around a corner, the lake spread out before me. It was beautiful for a man made lake. I saw Gerard laying by the lake up against a tree, so I walked over to him and awkwardly sat down.
"Hey." Gerard said while getting into a sitting position.
"Hey." I replied back. "You wanted to talk to me?"
"Yeah, I ah, just wanted to talk." He told me. I nodded, trying to ignore the cold.
"You must be freezing!" Gerard said, giving me his jacket.
"No, you'll be cold too t-then." I stuttered at the end. He frowned.
"We'll share it." He decided, pulling it on himself and pulling me into it. I was now up against his chest with his arms around me.
"What did you want to talk about?" I asked once I got warmer.
"Just... Anything." He answered. And so we did. We must have sat there for an hour just talking about everything and anything.
"Think we should get back?" I asked sometime later. He nodded and we got up. The walk back was filled with mindless chatter. I felt so... free, around Gerard. Like I could do anything.
"See you later, Gee." I said as we came up to our buses. I detangled myself from his jacket ans started to walk away, but Gerard pulled me into a hug. I hesitantly hugged back.
"Bye, Jay." He said, then walked off.
"What did he want?" Mike asked as soon as I got on the bus.
"Just to talk." I shrugged.
"Cool. We have to do a show soon, so do you want to come?" Tre asked. I nodded my head vigorously.
"I love watching you guys play." I said, grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short!
~Lauren