What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 6 Complement

I really did love watching them play. It was completely enthralling. They used so much enthusiasm playing. If I could, I would watch live performances of my computer for hours. But I won't, because that would be kind of scary.
Currently I was backstage, listening to them finish "Nice Guys Finish Last." Right after them, My Chemical Romance would perform. Call me crazy, but I've never listened to them. I've heard of them, had many people recommend them to me, but I've never listened to their songs. I guess I was too caught up in my own stuff. Green Day finished and exited the stage after Billie Joe getting them riled up for MCR.
Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray got onto the stage, and the crowd went wild. 'They must be good' I thought to myself. Gerard announced they would be starting with "Dead!" so I leaned back and listened.
They sounded fucking awesome! Gerard had a voice like an angel, he put so much emotion into the lyrics it was unbelievable. The band themselves had a solid sound, and they never once missed a beat. Ray was like a god on his guitar. Bob was beating the shit out of the drums in the background while Mikey got caught up in the bass.Frank was doing his own thing while rocking out to the music.
What really captivated me was Gerard. He sang with such passion it contracted out around my heart. His eyes twinkled as he sang his heart out. I could tell the fans loved them because they sang all the words along with Gerard. Some fans were wearing shirts that said, "MCR Saved My Live."
A couple more songs passed. I was even more captivated by them than the first. If I thought I could watch Green Day for hours, then I could watch MCR for days. They put that much soul into their chords. Their last song ended, to my utter dismay. I clapped along with the crowd, and Gerard caught my eye. He was looking at me with a huge grin on his face. I returned it with a grin of my own.
I made my way back to Green Day's dressing room. I opened the door without knocking, and Tre squealed like a girl. He had all of his clothes on though.
"Gah, I don't even scream like that!" I exclaimed when he stopped.
"We could have been naked." Tre said in a girlie voice.
"It's not like- oh wait, I can't say that. Sorry." I apologized and Mike rolled his eyes. I walked over to the couch the people here that have so kindly placed.
"We're all family here." He said and I raised my eyebrows. "Well... It's like we're related." He restated his words. Before I could answer, there was a knock on the door.
"Come in!" Billie said. Gerard, Mikey, and Frank walked in. They were all sweaty like Billie, Tre, and Mike.
"Hey." Frank greeted them, offering a smile. Gerard walked over to the couch I was sitting at and collapsed onto it. He laid his head against my shoulder. He smelt like the cologne he used, a faint trace of alcohol, sweat, and something slightly sweet. It was intoxicating.
"What are you guys doing at our humble adobe?" Tre asked, popping open a can of beer.
"Eh, Bob and Ray are playing xbox. We were wondering what you guys were doing?" Mikey asked.
"As you can see, nothing. Because we are boring people." I replied as Gerard's posture relaxed. His head was still on my shoulder as we both lay back.
"We aren't boring, you are." Mike corrected.
"Just because I enjoy reading, sleeping, and hate alcohol does not mean I'm boring." I huffed.
"Jay is anything but boring." Gerard defended me. I nodded my head in agreement.
"Like you would know anything about being not boring, Gee." Frank said, laughing.
"Fine then. Let's go be boring together, Jay." Gerard stated, getting up and taking my hand. Mike frowned at this. We walked out the door, hand in hand, with our heads held high.
"So how are we going to be boring together, Gee?" I asked once we got out of the building. He opened his mouth to answer, but was cut off by the paparazzi.
"Is this your new girlfriend, Gerard?" A male reporter asked, shoving a mic in from of his face. I blinked in surprise, I didn't expect the press to practically jump us. I then blushed when I remembered our intertwined hands. I quickly let go of his hand.
"No! Jay is just a friend. mike would kill me if that were true." Gerard said quickly.
"Who is she?" Some other reporter asked, snapping pictures while his buddy held a video camera. I was getting slightly annoyed. I can answer for myself!
"Just a friend." Gerard said more forcefully. "That's all you need to know." He said, then leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Run... NOW!" And we took off running. I could hear their footsteps running after us, a thousand questions falling out of their mouths.
After running for about five minutes, they gave up, leaving us along.
"That wasn't boring at all." I said after catching my breath. Gerard was grinning like a maniac.
"No it wasn't, was it?" He replied. I shook my head in agreement. My eyes lit up as I saw we came to stop near a park.
"Ooh, look, swings!" I said, walking over to them and getting on one. Gerard sat next to me. We sat quietly for a minute.
"Sorry about that." Gerard finally said to break the silence.
"What, the paparazzi? It's not your fault." I said reassuringly. He gave me a small smile.
"Wanna go to the movies tomorrow?" He asked suddenly and completely randomly.
"Sure." I laughed. His question set off a volley of butterflies in my stomach. Was I falling for Gerard Way?
"As friends?" He asked uneasily.
"Of course." I replied. He nodded his head and looked at the sand beneath us. Was that sadness I saw in his eyes? No; it couldn't be. My eyes were playing tricks on me.
We talked over the course of a half an hour. I Thoth we'd talked about everything possible over the last few days, but I was wrong.
"I'm thinking about dying my hair back to black." Gerard said suddenly.
"You should. Not that your hair doesn't look good now, it does, but your black hair in high school was awesome." I replied.
"Wanna go with me tomorrow after the movie to dye it then?" He asked. I nodded my head.
"Sure, it'll give me a chance to touch up my dye." I replied. Gerard looked at me, and just stared.
"What?" I laughed slightly.
"Has anyone ever told you you're beautiful?" He asked me. I instantly blushed a thousand shades of red.
"No." I whispered, still blushing.
"Well you are," He said it in a finalizing voice, then got out his cell phone.
"Hey Mikey?... Can you come pick us up? We're at some park... Thanks." Gerard said, flipping his phone closed. "Mikey will be here soon." He told me. I nodded my head.
Mikey's car came and we left. I was still thinking about what Gerard had said about me being beautiful. He didn't mean it, did he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go...
~Lauren