Sweet Poison

Becoming

Eyes, almost black peered from behind a spider web net concealing a white face framed in the color of sin. Long straight hairs folded their way over pointed ears that heard or miles & draped across shoulders as delecate as a butterfly's silken wings. A velvet opera glove clung around thin arms up to the elbow, where not a single crease dared intrude. Soft to the touch, they flowed over his face, brushing over his nose & tantalizing his lips. The eyes, from behind the prison of black netting, began to burn a regal topaz. Glistening in the darkness, he was paralyzed by them. However, he moved without thinking, he felt his body arching backwards as his head tossed aside, revealing the supple yet stringy veins that slithered their way around his neck. Contorting & squirming as they pumped the precious liquid around his body. He could feel them clenching, bracing for the horror that was to come.
The gloved arms moved him with ease, like a limp rag doll he hung under their touch. The fabric still brushed & tickled his skin, yet he felt no pleasure like he did before. The eyes moved in the light less under-worldly alleyway night, until he felt a sharp pain in his neck. He thought needles had been pushed through his skin & then, suddenly, suction. Blood poured away from his veins & into the pain. Agony set in as he felt his life force draining away. A light broke through the night sky, like an old friend after ten long years, he rushed to it, shook it hands & was ready to follow it until eternity. However, a feeling blanketed him as he broke through the wall of pain & then into, bliss. The pain turned into pleasure & bit of extra pressure made it that much better. He felt his blood vessels tighten & squeeze in rhythm as the blood was forced through. He did not want it to end. The sensation, the rush & the euphoria he experienced was greater than living life itself. Then it was gone. The eyes came back into vision & he collapsed to the floor. Still limp & drained, he clawed at the bottom of a long evening dress. A faint moaning noise could be heard from above. He grappled against shining knee high boots, almost being stabbed in the hand by the forever moving heels, daggers dancing a demented ballet on the moldy cobbled alleyway. Tilting his head upwards he caught a glimpse of the face behind the netting.

Slender & dark, with a tapering nose & drawn in cheeks. The lips where reddened with AB+ lipstick & the eyes where deep & recessed, framed by eyelashes visible even to him, groping at the knees.
A voice, maniacal yet innocent, with odd pronunciations & fumbling clauses, called him from above.
"...oh.....How, sweet. Poor little...lamb. Running away. Quickly, quickly, through the blackberry patch. I wonder..........what will your mother say when they find your body." A laugh, crossed between a cackle & a giggle emitted from her relaxed mouth.
He rose, out of sheer will. The smell of blood clung to the insides of his nostrils & he could taste it there at the back of his throat .
"Water in the desert...that's what I thought too." The woman inhaled deeply, making no effort to disguise her lulling head & uncontrollable arm movements.
"I need you a new name. The name of the greatest of all nothings. The best someone ever to have never existed. Hahahahah! .....Carreau it is! My beautiful dark prince, we must move swiftly, the king comes, the bishop, too. They have troops......oh! but don't worry. One always moves diagonal. Come!"
A purple vortex fluxed into the area, it grew & surrounded the two creatures of the night.
The sky rained red that night.